Fan Appreciation Day/Bulls Fan Fest at RJS

JoeB

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

Courtesy USF

Bulls Fan Fest Moving To Ray Jay

TAMPA, Fla. – For the first time ever the University of South Florida football team will host the Bulls Fan Fest at Raymond James Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 25.

Formerly known as Fan Appreciation Day, Bulls Fan Fest will kick off at 3:30 p.m. outside of the stadium and will continue inside from 4-6 p.m.

Admission is FREE through Gate B.  FREE parking will also be available in Lot 4, which is adjacent to Gate B.

“We wanted to rev up this event in anticipation of the 2007 football season,” said Ayo Taylor-Dixon, Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing & Event Management. “We moved it over to Ray Jay so our fans can get the same gameday experience as the Bulls. This will be a fantastic opportunity for our fans to meet, greet and have fun with their favorite players.”

FREE giveaways will include 2007 Football posters and schedule magnets.  In addition to the 2007 Bulls football team being on hand, Rocky, the USF cheerleaders and the Sun Dolls will be in attendance to entertain fans.

The Junior Bulls Club inflatables and several other games will be setup for children.  Kids of all ages will also be able to take part in a mini-combine with members of the USF team.

Additionally, players will be available for autographs and pictures throughout the event. Fans are encouraged to bring cameras and pens.

“I know the team is excited,” said Leavitt. “It should be a fun-filled afternoon for all of our fans.”

USF merchandise tables will be setup outside Gate B.

The USF Athletic Ticket Office will also be present and selling season tickets.  Fans will have the unique opportunity to go into the stadium and handpick the seat they want for the 2007 season.  A limited amount of seats remain.

Season tickets start at just $75 with the Chick-Fil-A Bulls Family Plan.  Call 1-800-GoBulls to purchase your tickets now.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy USF

Admission is FREE through Gate B.  FREE parking will also be available in Lot 4, which is adjacent to Gate B.

TAKE A NOTE.

This is on the NORTH side of the Stadium... along Himes (think - the corner closest to the former Tampa Bay Center mall)...

BigParkingMap3_sm.gif

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

I dont know what to think or what attendence should be for this year to consider this a success. I think it is a GREAT idea for future years to have it at RayJay and make it a big event, but I dont know how successful it will be on such short notice. I enjoyed watching the few minutes of practice and spending time with the team on campus, but its a great marketing/sales oppurtunity to have it in RayJay, they even mention it in the press release of being able to pick your seat for the year.  I'd also think this could be a big event in the future.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Is there a facebook group for this? Would be great advertising! Worked fairly well for the Spring Game!

Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,289
  • Days Won:  29

A win-win-win situation if you ask me.

I didn't ... but agree  ;D

Very happy they decided to do this and if we sell 1 season ticket, it was worth it. The wave is going great this "preseason" and let's keep riding it!

I will most likely be coming over by myself from Lakeland and would be more than happy to pick up students from campus.

Crasy thing is ... I was planning in the 11 AM gig and then heading up to Daytona for an event(haven't been to Daytona to see friends since I came back to the states), but think my Beloved BULLS will be trumping  8)

Anyways, gotsta get my Grothe poster signed  :o

• Content Count:  1,180

I wanna bring a USF Football into the stadium to get signed... Do y'all think I will be able to bring it in or will they try to confiscate it at the gate??

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

I will go to the FAD or Bulls Fan Fest, or whatever it is called, not matter where we hold it. However, why not have it in the Sun Dome? First, it would be in the air conditioning. Second, it could be rolled into a minor pep rally. We could have a basketball game sized band group, along with the cheer squads, and players. CJL could get up and say a few words, maybe even a couple of the players could take the mike. It just seems like the Sun Dome would get us to campus, and minimize the burden on the players, coaches and athletic staff, and students who would like to attend.

At any rate, looking forward to meeting some more Bullspen members at Ray Jay on the 25th. Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Wasn't this originally set for August 18th?  For some reason I thought it was this weekend.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,289
  • Days Won:  29

I wanna bring a USF Football into the stadium to get signed... Do y'all think I will be able to bring it in or will they try to confiscate it at the gate??

From USF's release:

Additionally, players will be available for autographs and pictures throughout the event. Fans are encouraged to bring cameras and pens.

Will not be a problem to bring whatever you wish.

Rank,

Good points, but this being football ... being at our stadium for the atmosphere, trying to sell tickets, etc. Of Course weather will be a concern.

• Content Count:  3,185

Rank,

Good points, but this being football ... being at our stadium for the atmosphere, trying to sell tickets, etc. Of Course weather will be a concern.

Wonder if there is a contingency plan of moving it to the club area indoors if need be.

Archived