They just picked USF over West Va on Sportscenter....

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Did anyone send or email these ESPN college football guys about getting a real USF helmet?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

Something kinda doesn't fit.  Rod Smith coaching an athletic running quarterback.  ???

• Content Count:  2,307

ESPN giving us some love.  They also picked us to beat Auburn a while back.  It was posted here too, but the thread did down ages ago.

• Content Count:  1,757

I'm afraid we might be losing this one big just because WVU raided our coaching staff. I remember how the Bucs dismantled the Raiders, in the Superbowl, in part because of Gruden's intricate knowledge of the Raider offense. Of course I want to be wrong so I hope you guys can talk me out of this concern.

Sorry but we upgraded our entire coaching staff, I don't think we have to worry about Rod Smith reading our offense. The guy is an idiot. The only reason our offense was mildly successful was because Coach Gregory had an important role in helping with the play calling. Coach Canales is better than Coach Dawsey and the players seem to think that Coach Simmonds is a better coach than Coach Frey.

Here here, Smith is a f*#&ing moron.  Remeber, he was also our QB coach too?  Thank GOD Grothe's dad and/or HS coach taught him how to throw a ball, cause Smith sure as heck didn't with previous guys. 

• Content Count:  5,241

I think we'll know West Virginia's playbook a little better because they took from our staff.

Gruden left the Bucs, and knew the raiders inside and out because his offensive coordinator took over.

We kept the head coach, ditched the coordinator, so I think we'll be alright in terms of that logic.

• Content Count:  12,293

any coach will tell you...

if we excute our plays it doesnt matter what they know

• Content Count:  1,254

I still would have rather been picked against. WVU is going to come in here no holds barred because everyone is writing them off against us (or at least Mark May). I don't want these boys getting too big of a head. Of course they beat WVU last year, but they were also pummeled by Louisville and an inferior Cincinnati team. I prefer being the underdog.

• Content Count:  1,797

Uh, picking who is going to win this game now is moronic.  Do you think we will win if Grothe and Selvie are hurt and can't play in the game?  Discussing why we could win, IF everything works out makes some sense.  But ESPN is more entertainment than anything else these days.  You guys are right, May doesn't like us because we don't have 'tradition', but you are forgetting that he is a Pitt guy.  Pitt hates WV almost as much as they hate Penn St.  It's not called the 'Backyard Brawl' when they play each other for nuthin'.  BTW, I think May has disliked us since a certain fall afternoon in Pittsburgh in 2001.  ;D :o

Our game with WVU should be VERY exciting.

Normal

• Content Count:  1,457

Correct.  Auburn is not a major powerhouse this season.  WVA will be the first major upset and we will give em a spanking again.

Bulls 31 - WVA 20

• Content Count:  3,827

Did anyone send or email these ESPN college football guys about getting a real USF helmet?

dear god no.

lets keep our ****** helmet a secret as long as possible please.

Archived