DE George arrested

KB

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

This is retarded. I wonder if George had the "They can't put a boot on my car, I'm on the football team!" reaction. In which case I'm all for whatever they want to do to him. Welcome to the real world, where not everyone worships the ground you walk on.

As I posted a week or so ago....

"Carn sarn it, Jamie!  Why don't you post more often?  You are one of the most reasonable people that visit this site!"

And I stand by that.

Jamie is an objective fan.  Refreshing.

I am sure Jamie is thrilled that he gets the MAB seal of approval.  ::)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I racked up between $500-$800 in parking fees every year at USF

How the hell did you rack up $500-$800 a year in parking fees?  Parking where you are not supposed to?

I never got one parking ticket when I was at USF through my undergrad and graduate years.  I lived on campus and off campus, not one ticket.

IMHO, anyone who is a repeat offender for parking tickets is too lazy to park and walk to class and too disorganized to get to campus early enough to find a spot.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

This is retarded. I wonder if George had the "They can't put a boot on my car, I'm on the football team!" reaction. In which case I'm all for whatever they want to do to him. Welcome to the real world, where not everyone worships the ground you walk on.

"Carn sarn it, Jamie!  Why don't you post more often?  You are one of the most reasonable people that visit this site!"

And I stand by that.

Yes, perhaps to the same extent that I am crushed that BullyPulpit rolled that smiley-man's eyes at me.

:( :-[

And I stand by that.

Yes, perhaps to the same extent that I am crushed that BullyPulpit rolled that smiley-man's eyes at me.

MAB, You are always pissing and moaning about USF. Question, how much do you donate a year that you feel entitled to gripe about what is going on with their athletics program? By this I am not suggesting that unless one is donating an boat load of money they have no right to complain, but do you donate at all? What is the extent of your involvement with USF other than constantly pissing and moaning on a message board?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

And I stand by that.

MAB, You are always pissing and moaning about USF. Question, how much do you donate a year that you feel entitled to gripe about what is going on with their athletics program? By this I am not suggesting that unless one is donating an boat load of money they have no right to complain, but do you donate at all? What is the extent of your involvement with USF other than constantly pissing and moaning on a message board?

Are you kidding me??

Why would I or anyone else feel obligated to answer a question such as that from someone I wouldn't know from Adam??

Last time I checked, the University doesn't send out "griping" tokens based on the amount of cash you donate.

Like you said yourself, it is wise not to sugest that unless someone is donating a boatload of money, they have no right to complain.

So since you are so eternally positive with everything you post about every facet of the USF athletic program, by using your line of reasoning you must not donate very much.

:shhh :shhh :shhh :shhh :shhh :shhh :shhh

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

How the hell did you rack up $500-$800 a year in parking fees?  Parking where you are not supposed to?

I never got one parking ticket when I was at USF through my undergrad and graduate years.  I lived on campus and off campus, not one ticket.

IMHO, anyone who is a repeat offender for parking tickets is too lazy to park and walk to class and too disorganized to get to campus early enough to find a spot.

Agreed.  In my 4 years, I never once got a ticket, but then again I always got the 0800 and 0900 classes so the lots were always open.  The times I did have to hunt for one, I would always stay in one spot instead of trolling the lot, waiting to pounce on an open spot like Oprah on a baked ham.

And I stand by that.

Are you kidding me??

Why would I or anyone else feel obligated to answer a question such as that from someone I wouldn't know from Adam??

Last time I checked, the University doesn't send out "griping" tokens based on the amount of cash you donate.

Like you said yourself, it is wise not to sugest that unless someone is donating a boatload of money, they have no right to complain.

So since you are so eternally positive with everything you post about every facet of the USF athletic program, by using your line of reasoning you must not donate very much.

How do you know that I am so "eternally positive with everything"? I tend to steer clear of posting overly gushing or loathing posts about the University. I try and save my time and posts to things that are related to performance ON THE FIELD, the only thing that really matters. My other posts tend to concern travel plans and events for the season.

However, your unwillingness to answer the question speaks volumes. I am willing to bet you don't donate One Cent to the program. But then you somehow feel entitled to come on here and talk about how we need an OCS. Hypocrisy  ???

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I racked up between $500-$800 in parking fees every year at USF, and if I hadn't been **** lucky to have scholarship money to pay for them, I would have gladly removed a boot if those parking militia had decided to attempt to slap one on my truck. In fact, I had a friend who had a fake one, and I strongly considered using a fake too! Those people go great lengths to root out the most minor infraction which is often totally unnecessary to enforce (such as ticketing a car for parking over the line on the top floor of the Crescent Hill garage in the middle of the summer, on a weekend, when there was literally nobody else parked above the second floor. THERE'S NOBODY ON CAMPUS, NO NEED TO ENFORCE SUCH BS).  In retrospect, I should have appreciated that scholarship money more, because now I'm without its luxury. I think I'd try to fake boot sooner, and resort to fake tags, perhaps remove a boot from my car and put it on a parking militia golf cart.

Grant Theft Boot is the most inane charge I've ever heard.

Amen brotha...preach on.  I couldn't agree more.  A bit of realitivity needs to be brought into the equation, and this is as overboard as i've seen by law enforcement, particularly when they admit they just want their boot back, or restitution, i.e. they are just proving a point but should have settled with working out a plan.  He's not going anywhere!!

Guest Sprtsfn627

My girlfriend lived in one of the on campus dorms and needed help as she was sick.  There are 3 spots remotely close to her place that i can park at, all with a meter.  I would happily pay money at the meter, but again, there are only 3 spots, and they are almost always taken.  The only other option is to walk a long ways, or drive all the way across campus to buy a $4 a day guest pass.  I didn't have the time, so I risked it. I was parked there maybe 10 minutes, and when I came back I had a $30 ticket waiting for me.

If there were more spots, it wouldn't be an issue, but they have 7 different passes and only so many spots for each one.  And they keep adding these "guest" spots where they can hit you up for another $4 a day to park, as if they don't charge enough for a regular pass!  Parking at USF is a borderline scam.

That's not to say I condone what Woody did.  But I'm with the others, let's wait and hear the whole story.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

And I stand by that.

Are you kidding me??

How do you know that I am so "eternally positive with everything"? I tend to steer clear of posting overly gushing or loathing posts about the University. I try and save my time and posts to things that are related to performance ON THE FIELD, the only thing that really matters. My other posts tend to concern travel plans and events for the season.

However, your unwillingness to answer the question speaks volumes. I am willing to bet you don't donate One Cent to the program. But then you somehow feel entitled to come on here and talk about how we need an OCS. Hypocrisy  ???

Heh-heh.  :-\

That's where you are woefully wrong.

My unwillingness to answer that assinine question has nothing to do with the amount I donate and EVERYTHING to do with three factors:

a) it is an irrelevant question in an attempt to make an irrelevant point (i.e. $$ = right to complain)

B) this irrelevant question comes from someone I do not know at all

c) this irrelevant question comes from someone I do not know, but based on the fact that he would ask, I can surmise it would do me no good to answer

Nice try, though!

Archived