When will the BULLS get an on campus stadium?

gainesvillebull

Would you like a stadium similiar to UCF On Campus, or stay at RJ??  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,779
  • Days Won:  0

I do not see USF getting a OCS until they get the facilities upgrade Leavitt has been mentioning.  There is nothing wrong with RayJay it is really nice statium plus it will take a couple of bowl games to raise enough money to builld an OCS so give it about 5-10 years.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look do you want to rent or own? Right now we rent and that is dumb!

Here is a good way to explain it...

When you turn 18 and go off to college, you may still return home from time to time... or live at home for a while.

Upon graduating college, if not before, you move into your "first apartment" -- and then you get your first job in "the real world".

While working for a few years, and still renting an apartment, you put some money aside.

Then, after a little while, promotions or a new, higher-paying job, then you can start talking about buying a house.

Sometimes, other expenses come up.  Like the need for a new car, or new furniture, or new wardrobe.  Or maybe you decide to take that trip to Europe after all.  This dips into the savings or you put it on the credit card -- paying it off over time.

Other times, you meet the girl of your dreams, and decide to get married.  Sure, you bring her income to the mix, but you also have to pay for wedding and honeymoon expenses.  You also need to move into a new place, and she just doesn't understand your need to keep that ugly-but-comfortable chair from which you watch the big game.

Finally, when you and your spouse have the resources, you buy the first house.  Do you want that fixer-upper in a bad neighborhood?  The cost is right... but you decide you need a place that's a little bit bigger, after all, your first Baby Bull is on the way.  You also don't have the time or the skills to really fix up the place, anyway.  So you have to buy a place that's a little more expensive and a little nicer, too.

USF...

"first apartment" => The Big Sombrero

"new aparment" => Raymond James

"promotion" => Division I-A

"higher paying job" => Conference USA

"getting married" => Big East

"unexpected expenses" => New stadiums for baseball, softball, soccer, and tennis; other athletic improvements

So, we're almost to the point where buying the "first house" ... it's on the radar, we just need to pay off a little more "credit card debt" first.

Why don't people understand that??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Look do you want to rent or own? Right now we rent and that is dumb!

Here is a good way to explain it...

When you turn 18 and go off to college, you may still return home from time to time... or live at home for a while.

Upon graduating college, if not before, you move into your "first apartment" -- and then you get your first job in "the real world".

While working for a few years, and still renting an apartment, you put some money aside.

Then, after a little while, promotions or a new, higher-paying job, then you can start talking about buying a house.

Sometimes, other expenses come up.  Like the need for a new car, or new furniture, or new wardrobe.  Or maybe you decide to take that trip to Europe after all.  This dips into the savings or you put it on the credit card -- paying it off over time.

Other times, you meet the girl of your dreams, and decide to get married.  Sure, you bring her income to the mix, but you also have to pay for wedding and honeymoon expenses.  You also need to move into a new place, and she just doesn't understand your need to keep that ugly-but-comfortable chair from which you watch the big game.

Finally, when you and your spouse have the resources, you buy the first house.  Do you want that fixer-upper in a bad neighborhood?  The cost is right... but you decide you need a place that's a little bit bigger, after all, your first Baby Bull is on the way.  You also don't have the time or the skills to really fix up the place, anyway.  So you have to buy a place that's a little more expensive and a little nicer, too.

USF...

"first apartment" => The Big Sombrero

"new aparment" => Raymond James

"promotion" => Division I-A

"higher paying job" => Conference USA

"getting married" => Big East

"unexpected expenses" => New stadiums for baseball, softball, soccer, and tennis; other athletic improvements

So, we're almost to the point where buying the "first house" ... it's on the radar, we just need to pay off a little more "credit card debt" first.

[glow=yellow,2,300]Why don't people understand that??[/glow]

I have a few theories but they are best left unsaid ....

• Content Count:  19,808
  • Days Won:  213

it is as simple as this == we are cash poor at this time

If you want to go deep sea fishing, you are best off renting out the boat for the time you need it. We play six or 7 games a season at home. SO we rent a fine facility for that very limited amount of time.

One day we will have the money and the need to build our own boat. Until then-- live with what most others would say is an ideal situation for an 11 year old program still trying to ge to the big time.

Can we close this argument down now and tack it onto the sticly thread set up specifically for this never-ending argument?

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Thats true I am over it now I think what got to me was seeing UCF's new pad and I had to bring it up.

• Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

You cant compare the two schools, they have two complete different situations when it comes to were they can play the games.

• Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Thats true I am over it now I think what got to me was seeing UCF's new pad and I had to bring it up.

Here's a few new pics from today's Orlando Sentine (and the rest of UCF's Athletic Village now 99% completed)l:

ToeJam and others,

This is about a USF OCS, not a UCF OCS.  Let's keep it on topic.  Tinmen participation is okay , but we do not need the run-down on the UCF OCS.

Thank you.

I thought the new board had a feature where we could vote someone off the island?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

Yeah, the chain link section dividers can get just about anyone longing for something similar....reminds me of high school days.

And I am an OCS proponent.

• Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

Once again this proves why the Dumbgeon is useless, they still come on here and but into a thread about USF OCS stadium which has nothing to do with them. Funny UConn and UL fan did not feel the need to pimp their stadium when it was brought up here. As more and more posts get poisoned on this board I lose desire to read them.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

I think their posts have been removed. 

Archived