When will the BULLS get an on campus stadium?

gainesvillebull

Would you like a stadium similiar to UCF On Campus, or stay at RJ??  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

c014204.jpg

Bottom line...most schools "grow into" their own stadiums...and continue to upgrade/expand/improve them every decade...while in the meantime...collecting all the REVENUE that these stadiums help bring in...(from donations to sky box sales to club seating to ad revenue, etc..)

Bottom line is that most schools had to "grow into" their own stadium. They had no other choice if they wanted to have a football program. We were fortunate not to be in that position. People are trying to put a square peg into a round hole. We are operating outside the box when it comes to building college football program...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly ..... and the facts are that it's NOT a priority and doesn't NEED to be a priority at this time, so stop all the teeth gnashing about not having one...... and WHEN the time comes to build one, it won't need to be replica of RayJay but it is going to need to be more luxurized than the Brighthouse Fryng Pan.

This is why USF fans will never have an on campus stadium or if you do, the season tickets would drop.  Simply, USF fans are very spoiled by Raymond James.  Raymond James has 12,000 club seats that a USF fan can get into for what, $1,000 up to 8 tickets.  USF can't build anything close to Ramond James and probably not even Papa Johns.  USF is struggling to build a baseball stadium and other faciliities.  To build what Louisville did would take over $100 million today easily. 

USF will have its on campus stadium sooner or later, and it will be similar to what UCF did.  Fact is, UCF will be expanding their club seats and luxury boxes within the next three to five years as there is a huge waiting list for both.  That is how you build a stadium.  The exterior will be closed in with bricks or something else only after the stadium has been expanded over 65,000 in phase II.  UCF could not put a facade on the stadium knowing that support structures for phase II would interfere with the facade if it were there.  As for indiviual seats, not gonna happen either, very clostly and takes up much more room.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

ToeJam and others,

This is about a USF OCS, not a UCF OCS.  Let's keep it on topic.  Tinmen participation is okay , but we do not need the run-down on the UCF OCS.

Thank you.

• Content Count:  4,879

As Jim so well stated, when other on-campus priorities are met, a study will begin.

The great thing that alone will give us is leverage with the RayJay contract.

They will not want to lose the profitable client that we have become and will sweeten our deal.

Either way, we win.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  400

I agree.. Ray Jay has been both a blessing and a curse.  I love setting foot in that stadium on Saturdays for only a fraction of what the price would be on Sundays.  It's a great facility.  However, when i look around, i see a huge pirate ship, red and pewter facade, and realize that it isn't ours and the nostalgia wears off.  It is so nice, though, that people will not accept anything less if or when we get our own.. it's just too out of reach for what a college could build.  This is why I will never make fun of another college's on campus stadium (even UCF).. until we get one, i dont think we're in a position to be poking fun at what others were able to accomplish that we couldnt.

I agree.. Ray Jay has been both a blessing and a curse.  I love setting foot in that stadium on Saturdays for only a fraction of what the price would be on Sundays.  It's a great facility.  However, when i look around, i see a huge pirate ship, red and pewter facade, and realize that it isn't ours and the nostalgia wears off.

I guess everybody has their own perspective on this. You take out of it what you WANT to take out of it. Being there, surrounded by other Bulls fans, watching the team on field kick butt, doing The Bull along with HOT (unless you're in the SE part of the stadium  8) ), cheering your head off should be enough "nostalgia" for anyone unless you're just looking for something to complain about.

Instead of being so focused on trying to be like everyone else and griping about what we don't have, appreciate what we DO have...

It is so nice, though, that people will not accept anything less if or when we get our own.. it's just too out of reach for what a college could build.

Nobody wants to replicate RayJay when we finally get our own stadium but there are some features that will need to be incorporated into our stadium and, from what I've read, Papa Johns Stadium is not too far off from what we're looking at and it is definitely not out of reach...

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Look do you want to rent or own? Right now we rent and that is dumb! Oh yeah we won the big east but in the bucs stadium how stupid. We won the big one but in the bucs house dumb. We need an on campus stadium! I am willing to throw down whatever I got to make it happen what about you? I still think Hooters would be a big supporter since they had their start in Tampa. Oh I forgot there our some people who need chair backs So their hemorrhoids won’t flare up too bad suck it up and get a doughnut wuss.

Look do you want to rent or own? Right now we rent and that is dumb! Oh yeah we won the big east but in the bucs stadium how stupid. We won the big one but in the bucs house dumb.

I think we have an impostor ............

• Content Count:  4,096
  • Days Won:  2

Look do you want to rent or own? Right now we rent and that is dumb! Oh yeah we won the big east but in the bucs stadium how stupid. We won the big one but in the bucs house dumb. We need an on campus stadium! I am willing to throw down whatever I got to make it happen what about you? I still think Hooters would be a big supporter since they had their start in Tampa. Oh I forgot there our some people who need chair backs So their hemorrhoids won’t flare up too bad suck it up and get a doughnut wuss.

Buying a house before one can afford it is dumb too.

• Content Count:  1,812

Look do you want to rent or own? Right now we rent and that is dumb! Oh yeah we won the big east but in the bucs stadium how stupid. We won the big one but in the bucs house dumb.

I think we have an impostor ............

You are correct there

Archived