When will the BULLS get an on campus stadium?

gainesvillebull

Would you like a stadium similiar to UCF On Campus, or stay at RJ??  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I know its funny kida like a kid throwing a penny at a million dollar problem but hey all I have seen is talk talk talk. To me it just looks dumb when you are  on national t.v. and you have a ****   pirate ship in the back ground and you are the bulls? People who see this get a little confused bull pirates? Pirate bulls? I don't care how you dress it up that is still the bucs stadium. It is like sharring a room with your big bro that won't take down his posters on your side of the room! Maybe we should just go back and have a vote like they did in 1964 and have a vote you know at one time the bulls were almost the bucs before the bucs were even around. Maybe we could just call ourselves the bull pirates and have rocky put a patch over his eye. Don't get me wrong I love ray jay but I don't feel like we have taken the next step. Does anyone even have a plan? I hope if we do build a stadium we leave the pirate ship behing and all the disney theme park crap out this is football not disney world with fake pirate villages and themed out sets. Give me a hardcore stadium dedicated to pure football with green and gold and no wimpy gimmicks.

:clap

That's exactly it, right there.  Well said.

"I don't want a stadium of our own unless it has 24 karat gold urinals." 

:nope Give me a break, fellas.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

i don't think money is an issue... i think FIU (or FAU, i forgot which one) is building a stadium... after looking at louisville's, i would love to have theirs.. hell, i'd like to have UCF's.. we can always expand.. but the louisville one seems to be pretty basic and not too pricey.. i hate how people say "well, if it's not as good as raymond james, i dont want it".. there are no exclusively college football stadiums to the standards of NFL stadiums-- that is fact.  so if anyone is holding out for that to happen, it will never happen.

also, Rutgers rebuilt their stadium while it was arguably the worst college football program in the nation.. so winning more games doesnt equate to building an OCS.  it's possible.. i just hope that once we get this athletic village crap finished we can focus on the on campus stadium.. at least have some plans for it.

If you post about another teams stadium and how you'd like to have one like it please tell me that you have actually been there. 

I'm a supporter of Ray Jay but of course there are a few more things Ray Jay could do to make the Bulls feel more at home.  Always repaint the field and at least cover up the giant Buc Player images on the outside of the stadium for Bull Home games (if only on Saturday).  Rip out the Pirate Ship and replace it with something for "Bull" appropriate (probably way way to much to ask).  Install some color changing seats that let's say are Red while exposed to UV Rays from the sun and then change color to Bulls Green when the sun sets (the Bucs would never play on MNF or SNF again).       

Tell you what, cardo...

It's going to be a whole lot easier to raise $50-million or whatever it would take to build a decent 40-50k seat stadium than it would be to get Daddy Glazer to agree to that deal.

We are the 35-year-old living with his mommy & daddy.

Malcolm Glazer is USF's daddy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

i don't think money is an issue... i think FIU (or FAU, i forgot which one) is building a stadium... after looking at louisville's, i would love to have theirs.. hell, i'd like to have UCF's.. we can always expand.. but the louisville one seems to be pretty basic and not too pricey.. i hate how people say "well, if it's not as good as raymond james, i dont want it".. there are no exclusively college football stadiums to the standards of NFL stadiums-- that is fact.  so if anyone is holding out for that to happen, it will never happen.

also, Rutgers rebuilt their stadium while it was arguably the worst college football program in the nation.. so winning more games doesnt equate to building an OCS.  it's possible.. i just hope that once we get this athletic village crap finished we can focus on the on campus stadium.. at least have some plans for it.

If you post about another teams stadium and how you'd like to have one like it please tell me that you have actually been there. 

I'm a supporter of Ray Jay but of course there are a few more things Ray Jay could do to make the Bulls feel more at home.  Always repaint the field and at least cover up the giant Buc Player images on the outside of the stadium for Bull Home games (if only on Saturday).  Rip out the Pirate Ship and replace it with something for "Bull" appropriate (probably way way to much to ask).  Install some color changing seats that let's say are Red while exposed to UV Rays from the sun and then change color to Bulls Green when the sun sets (the Bucs would never play on MNF or SNF again).       

Tell you what, cardo...

It's going to be a whole lot easier to raise $50-million or whatever it would take to build a decent 40-50k seat stadium than it would be to get Daddy Glazer to agree to that deal.

Yeah EXCEPT we are only 11 years old... I don't see many 11  year olds leaving mommy and daddy, I think they like have a place to stay. Most of you are redicolous. A OCS would be awesome don't get me wrong I thought it would of been way cooler then a Marshall Center. However, you don't spend money you don't have. Do you think our BULLS are playing worse because we are in RAY JAY? No.. The bottomline that what matters. CJL has said so.. Thus, tell me why are we arguing something we have no say in as of now. Give me a break guys.. get back to work.

Tell you what, cardo...

M-A-B ...

Rentschler Field -- where the University of Connecticut Huskies play (in Hartford, 30 miles from their campus) holds exactly 40,000 people and cost more than $90 million to build.

So.

Since you seem to have answers for everything, please tell me how on God's green earth you expect to get a stadium of the same size for half the price??

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Tell you what, cardo...

M-A-B ...

Rentschler Field -- where the University of Connecticut Huskies play (in Hartford, 30 miles from their campus) holds exactly 40,000 people and cost more than $90 million to build.

So.

Since you seem to have answers for everything, please tell me how on God's green earth you expect to get a stadium of the same size for half the price??

Do what Louisville did and get a corporate sponsor.

Done.

See.....I do indeed have all the answers.

Anything else you want to know?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Tell you what, cardo...

Yeah EXCEPT we are only 11 years old... I don't see many 11  year olds leaving mommy and daddy, I think they like have a place to stay. Most of you are redicolous. A OCS would be awesome don't get me wrong I thought it would of been way cooler then a Marshall Center. However, you don't spend money you don't have. Do you think our BULLS are playing worse because we are in RAY JAY? No.. The bottomline that what matters. CJL has said so.. Thus, tell me why are we arguing something we have no say in as of now. Give me a break guys.. get back to work.

So we want to keep bringing up the fact that we're 11 years old.

Hey, that's cool.

Let's just carry that argument out to its logical end, then.

• We should return our sweet Nike uniforms and trade them in for those brown & orange ones Bobby Boucher wore for the Mud Dogs in Waterboy.
    We should tell all our great talent to transfer to a more established program since we are only 11 years old, after all.
    We should tell the media to stop any coverage of us since we are only 11 years old.
    We should tell the building fanbase to pick another team to root for....ya' know.....one's that more than, oh, I don't know.....11 years old.

Point here is that we are WAY ahead of the curve on pretty much everything else, so why should we stop now??

Let's build OUR house. 

Ray-Jay sho' 'nuff aint our house, boys.

It's Daddy Malcolm's, and we are the red-headed stepchild.

And believe it or not, I also know we aren't going to build one for at least another 5+ years.  My only argument here is that we shouldn't demand a Ray-Jay replica!  That's ridiculous!!

"I will not attend a single game in a stadium that does not have 24-karat gold urinals, caviar at the concession stands, a cigar bar, every seat equipped with a massage pad, and marble concourses."

:Flossing :nope :pick :Duh

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

"Taking up a collection" ... now that's funny.  I don't care who you are, that's funny right there....  (Sorry, bad Larry the Cable Guy impression)...

Not so fast, my friend .... I'm evisioning car washes, lemonade stands, bake sales ... maybe even a telethon on WUSF. I;m sure all these people who think we simply can't live without and desperately need an OCS NOW would be willing to head committees.

M-A-B ...

So.

Done.

Sorry, but - well - you're wrong.  Louisville raised $63 million -- from a "collection" (well, a fund raising campaign, of course).  Papa Johns - rather the founder John Schnatter - donated $5 million of that for the naming rights.

Louisville's stadium does not have a sponsor.

Moreover, a "sponsor" would provide $2 to $3 million per year.  Not nearly enough for the $6 to $7 million per year in debt payments needed for a "small" on campus stadium.  Where would USF get the rest of the money?

4. Finances

A decent stadium will cost around $150 million.  Unlike RayJay, USF can not expect any taxpayer dollars to help.  So the funds need to come from either private donations or the sale of bonds or a combination of the two.

With some simplified math, at a 6% interest rate, the bonds would cost around $900,000 per month or just under $11 million per year.  (In contrast, rent at Raymond James is $720,000 only per year). 

If we assume that ticket sales and annual donations fund the operation of the program (coaches salaries, travel costs, etc), then the [glow=yellow,2,300]debt service needs to come from new sources[/glow].  Naming rights can bring in $2 to $3 million per year.  Additional advertising sales, luxury box rent, parking fees, and concessions can bring in several million more per year.

It would appear that, without dedicating a portion of ticket sales or annual donations to debt service, affording an OCS becomes difficult.  For every $10 million in private donations - or cost reductions through design changes - the funds needed each year is reduced by around $700,000.  USF might need to raise at least half of the construction money before the first shovel of dirt is moved.

Bear in mind, USF is in the middle of a $54 million capital campaign already... new stadiums for soccer, tennis, softball and baseball... a basketball practice facility... renovations to the Sun Dome... football practice fields.  Some of this money has already come in, but there are still other needs.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

M-A-B ...

So.

Done.

Sorry, but - well - you're wrong.  Louisville raised $63 million -- from a "collection" (well, a fund raising campaign, of course).  Papa Johns - rather the founder John Schnatter - donated $5 million of that for the naming rights.

Moreover, a "sponsor" would provide $2 to $3 million per year.  Not nearly enough for the $6 to $7 million per year in debt payments needed for a "small" on campus stadium.  Where would USF get the rest of the money?

4. Finances

A decent stadium will cost around $150 million.  Unlike RayJay, USF can not expect any taxpayer dollars to help.  So the funds need to come from either private donations or the sale of bonds or a combination of the two.

With some simplified math, at a 6% interest rate, the bonds would cost around $900,000 per month or just under $11 million per year.  (In contrast, rent at Raymond James is $720,000 only per year). 

If we assume that ticket sales and annual donations fund the operation of the program (coaches salaries, travel costs, etc), then the [glow=yellow,2,300]debt service needs to come from new sources[/glow].  Naming rights can bring in $2 to $3 million per year.  Additional advertising sales, luxury box rent, parking fees, and concessions can bring in several million more per year.

It would appear that, without dedicating a portion of ticket sales or annual donations to debt service, affording an OCS becomes difficult.  For every $10 million in private donations - or cost reductions through design changes - the funds needed each year is reduced by around $700,000.  USF might need to raise at least half of the construction money before the first shovel of dirt is moved.

Bear in mind, USF is in the middle of a $54 million capital campaign already... new stadiums for soccer, tennis, softball and baseball... a basketball practice facility... renovations to the Sun Dome... football practice fields.  Some of this money has already come in, but there are still other needs.

He didn't say he had all the right answers.  ;)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

M-A-B ...

So.

Done.

4. Finances

Your sources must be wrong, because I'm never wrong. (kidding, of course)

Well then, if Louisville can do it, then so can we.  It might take us longer to do so, but we can do it.

And why not sell the naming rights like we're trying to do with the Dome of the Sun?

Archived