POLL: Will you be wearing 'Our shirts'?

SeaBull

Will you be wearing 'Our shirts'?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

Yes!  My wife and I will be wearing ours proudly.

The poster above makes no judgments implied or expressed about, to, or for any fan choosing to wear other apparel, shirt, tank top, or blouse, green or otherwise colored.  Further, a lack of pronouncement notwithstanding it is the understanding of the poster that this shirt is the gameday shirt, offical or otherwise.  This understanding is not meant to extend to other posters, fans, or game attendees and it is hereby acknowledged that fans are free to wear whatever apparel they find preferable without criticism, challenge, or otherwise enduring negative sanctions.  The poster acknowledges that "our shirt" has been made in a unisex fashion to be worn by members of either gender without reflecting upon their femininity, masculinity, fashion sense, allegiance, or emotion toward the USF Bulls.  In the event that the above post offends any fans, lurkers, or members of bullspen.com, the offended party is hereby invited to just deal with it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

You folks really need to get real, and accept the opinions of others.  My point was simply that people are going to wear what they want to a game.  Trying to create an "official gameday shirt" is an excellent effort to get many attendees wearing the same color.  But jumping on anyone that has any variance from your ideal of this plan is completely assinine.

LOVE the disclaimer GD!  If anything, that exemplifies to what level some people have been on this thread.

• Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not jumping on anyone, but just explaining that it is a game day shirt.  I ended my post with you can wear whatever you want... everyone would just like it to be green.  Is that so bad?  Many universities do this.  If you or someone else doesn't want to participate... then so be it.  I think most people have been very realistic.  I know that 40,000+ people won't all be wearing green at elon or even wvu.  But it would be nice to see alot more.  End of story.

• Content Count:  380

i bought one of the "our" shirts, but im still gonna wear my jersey... i guess i could wear the shirt for the wvu game.

I ended my post with you can wear whatever you want... everyone would just like it to be green.  Is that so bad? 

To be honest, I won't be wearing green either.  Here's why - I don't like the idea of spending all afternoon out in the Florida sun in a dark shirt.  I'd prefer to wear a light colored button-up shirt than a dark polo or t-shirt.  Why make it feel hotter out?  I'll be wearing one of these shirts:

polo22.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

The problem here is mainly a communication problem. All the effort is being made, that I can see at THIS time, to make this the Official Game Day Shirt for students. I know this was brought up when they first came out and questions then came out about why even sell to non-students at this time. 

So when a student makes the declaration that THEY, athletics/SG whoever, want this to be the OFFICAL Game Day shirt, they need to further clarify that it's the OFFICAL Game Day shirt for STUDENTS.... but, as has been pointed out, EVERYBODY needs to aim to wear green..... Shoop will have his minions posted at all the gates to make sure you have the right shade of green, though.  ;)

The color police, Trip?  ;D

• Content Count:  19,662
  • Days Won:  255

In that case I will wear black in support of the emblem on our helmets.

The problem here is mainly a communication problem. All the effort is being made, that I can see at THIS time, to make this the Official Game Day Shirt for students. I know this was brought up when they first came out and questions then came out about why even sell to non-students at this time. 

So when a student makes the declaration that THEY, athletics/SG whoever, want this to be the OFFICAL Game Day shirt, they need to further clarify that it's the OFFICAL Game Day shirt for STUDENTS.... but, as has been pointed out, EVERYBODY needs to aim to wear green..... Shoop will have his minions posted at all the gates to make sure you have the right shade of green, though.  ;)

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I ended my post with you can wear whatever you want... everyone would just like it to be green.  Is that so bad? 

To be honest, I won't be wearing green either.  Here's why - I don't like the idea of spending all afternoon out in the Florida sun in a dark shirt.  I'd prefer to wear a light colored button-up shirt than a dark polo or t-shirt.  Why make it feel hotter out?  I'll be wearing one of these shirts:

polo22.jpg

I tried wearing something like that to the Kansas game. They asked me if I was on the bowling team. On went the hoody.

I don't have any home games this year, so no "oUr shirt" for me - save it for someone who can make it to the WVU game.

• Content Count:  928

HOLD UP!

It's not the official GAMEDAY shirt of Raymond James or USF...it's meant to be official as in sponsored by SG and the AD. You can wear whatever you want to the game but as students, there is a possibility that there will be a roped off student section for wearers of the shirts (yes, they can do that since Mr. Woolard supports this poject 100%) and there will be "our shirt" wearers only tailgates and such.

As far as Gameday shirts are concerned, this is the only one that is back by the Student Government and the Athletics Department - making it as official as can be, for right now.

You all give me a head ache. This is meant to UNIFY, not polarize. If you don't want to wear the shirt fine, but keep in mind what the primary purpose of the idea is and where the money came from. This is the first year this has been attempted and I'm sure the people in charge are quite pleased with the results thus far, even if Mike chooses to wear a bowling shirt. ;)

Wear the shirts, don't wear them. Just show up to the games and support our BULLS!!!

This project is not soley for 2007, think about 2017 when no one questions the movitves of these shirts, they just wear them because that is what people have done for the past 10 years.

Archived