Auburn on ESPNU...

Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

I DVR'd the 2006 Auburn @ South Carolina game (6:00am this morning)... and watched it today before turning on the PGA Championship...

* Quentin Groves is fast.  He was double-teamed throughout the game, but it was obvious that Spurrier had to alter his gameplan to accommodate him.  Their DL could really rush the QB.

* They had trouble stopping the run, especially designed QB draw plays.  To be sure, SC's qb for the game is a little more mobile than Grothe; but it seemed like he was able to gain 6-8 yards at the drop of a hat.

* With protection, it's possible to throw on their DBs.  They are agressive, and were caught out of position a lot of times -- especially with play actions or misdirections.  The SC QB tended to fixate on his intended receiver too much, and Grothe is far better at looking the defense off.

* If Lester is almost as good as Kenny Irons, we may have problems stopping the run.  There are some good things in that they have some new OL's and the RB situation is still up in the air... but they were able to run fairly well aganst South Carolina.

If you want to watch Auburn for yourself...

Tonight (Sun 8/12):

6:00pm - 9:00pm - 2006 Florida @ Auburn - The only loss for the National Champs

9:00pm - 12:00am - 2006 Auburn @ South Carolina - Replay of the game I recorded earlier today.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  1

I DVR'd the 2006 Auburn @ South Carolina game (6:00am this morning)... and watched it today before turning on the PGA Championship...

* Quentin Groves is fast.  He was double-teamed throughout the game, but it was obvious that Spurrier had to alter his gameplan to accommodate him.  Their DL could really rush the QB.

* They had trouble stopping the run, especially designed QB draw plays.  To be sure, SC's qb for the game is a little more mobile than Grothe; but it seemed like he was able to gain 6-8 yards at the drop of a hat.

* With protection, it's possible to throw on their DBs.  They are agressive, and were caught out of position a lot of times -- especially with play actions or misdirections.  The SC QB tended to fixate on his intended receiver too much, and Grothe is far better at looking the defense off.

* If Lester is almost as good as Kenny Irons, we may have problems stopping the run.  There are some good things in that they have some new OL's and the RB situation is still up in the air... but they were able to run fairly well aganst South Carolina.

Tonight (Sun 8/12):

9:00pm - 12:00am - 2006 Auburn @ South Carolina - Replay of the game I recorded earlier today.

Jim- I also noticed alot of misdirection and tackles and guards pulling... The ball possession in 3rd quarter was amazing in that game.

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Tonight (Sun 8/12):

Spurrier did not have as much to work with as Leavitt will this year.  Last year he did his best against them.  USF has much more talent than the GameCocks.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Nice finds...

Archived