Dumbest post about USF ever???

tampaboi07

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

As for Tennesee pulling in top 5 classes year in and year out...that's actually irrelevant because you'd think a team that pulls in top 5 talent would atleast make a BCS bowl. They haven't been to one since 2000. Can you imagine what Jim Leavitt would produce on the field with top 5 recruiting classes year in and year out. The results would be scary.

We take recruiting classes ranked between 45-60th in the nation and produce good teams capable of competing with college football's elite squads. Its a testament to how good of a coach we have and the direction that USF is heading in.

Tennesee has some issues, they can't win despite pulling in top notch talent. They have bigger things to worry about than USF.

it's all relative... the best coaches in the country reside in the SEC and ALL of the SEC is pulling in top notch players... just look at recruiting rankings from last year.  UT has won a national championship in the last decade and is still one of the stronger programs in the country... things are just fine in Knoxville.  the only problem here are fan expectations.  the retarded, spoiled fans up here think anything than less than a SEC East title every year is a major dissapointment, but when you have Florida and Georgia in your division, much less conference, things are a little more difficult. 

Yes, USF pulls in classes ranking around 50 and could compete with the "elite" programs in a game, but in order to compete week in and week out in the SEC, Big 10, ACC, etc., USF needs to be pulling in more top players to build up the depth necessary to compete at that level.  I just don't see USF bing that succesful in any of those conferences yet, but that doesn't matter.  Don't try to judge USF's success against top programs in the country, it is just not a fair comparison at all at this point.   

And I don't think Tennessee fans are worried at all about USF at this point.  I think the thread was started because some fans were boasting about USF on the board and someone got tired of it, and rightfully so considering USF hasn't proven themselves on the naitional scene yet.  Everyone can talk about USF all day, but until USF consistently beats top programs outside of the Big East, nobody will really pay attention.  Winning at Auburn this year won't make that much of a difference to the average fan, it will take several years to actually make an impression on the national level.  You would be surprised how few people know mcuh at all about USF outside of Florida. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,503

As for Tennesee pulling in top 5 classes year in and year out...that's actually irrelevant because you'd think a team that pulls in top 5 talent would atleast make a BCS bowl. They haven't been to one since 2000. Can you imagine what Jim Leavitt would produce on the field with top 5 recruiting classes year in and year out. The results would be scary.

We take recruiting classes ranked between 45-60th in the nation and produce good teams capable of competing with college football's elite squads. Its a testament to how good of a coach we have and the direction that USF is heading in.

Tennesee has some issues, they can't win despite pulling in top notch talent. They have bigger things to worry about than USF.

it's all relative... the best coaches in the country reside in the SEC and ALL of the SEC is pulling in top notch players... just look at recruiting rankings from last year.  UT has won a national championship in the last decade and is still one of the stronger programs in the country... things are just fine in Knoxville.  the only problem here are fan expectations.  the retarded, spoiled fans up here think anything than less than a SEC East title every year is a major dissapointment, but when you have Florida and Georgia in your division, much less conference, things are a little more difficult. 

Yes, USF pulls in classes ranking around 50 and could compete with the "elite" programs in a game, but in order to compete week in and week out in the SEC, Big 10, ACC, etc., USF needs to be pulling in more top players to build up the depth necessary to compete at that level.  I just don't see USF bing that succesful in any of those conferences yet, but that doesn't matter.  Don't try to judge USF's success against top programs in the country, it is just not a fair comparison at all at this point.   

And I don't think Tennessee fans are worried at all about USF at this point.  I think the thread was started because some fans were boasting about USF on the board and someone got tired of it, and rightfully so considering USF hasn't proven themselves on the naitional scene yet.  Everyone can talk about USF all day, but until USF consistently beats top programs outside of the Big East, nobody will really pay attention.  Winning at Auburn this year won't make that much of a difference to the average fan, it will take several years to actually make an impression on the national level.  You would be surprised how few people know mcuh at all about USF outside of Florida. 

True true but the only thing I don't think you are right on is how quickly the national media picks up on a team and then everyone knows about them.  Best example comes from our own conference in Rutgars.  I mean how bad have they been for how long  and now they are the hot new pick in the national media and everyone knows about them.  That doesn't make a team a "traditional power" but their stock sure is way up.  I think the big difference is that they can drop as quick as they rose.

• Content Count:  549

it's all relative... the best coaches in the country reside in the SEC and ALL of the SEC is pulling in top notch players

Now that's a bold statement.  I couldn't disagree more.

I would bave been a much better thread without the stupid UCF crap.  We should just ignore them, and hope they go away.  Bickering with UCF fans on a SEC thread just make US look lower-level.

This is kind of off-topic, but that was my point in the UCF "rivalry" thread.  Not a good idea to associate yourself nationally with a bad CUSA school.

• Content Count:  849

The SEC doesn't have the best coaches in the country. Bobby Bowden easily trumps any coach in the SEC, Rich Rodriquez certainly would certainly one of the best coaches in the country. Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll (easily trumps any SEC coach), Mack Brown, Butch Davis, Joe Paterno, etc. 

Who in the SEC would you consider to be better than those guys? I like Nick Saban as a coach, but other than him...I don't know.

Steve Spurrier is a good college coach but the fun and gun offense is pretty stupid. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that those coaches in the SEC aren't good, but I wouldn't consider them the best collection of coaches in the nation.

• Content Count:  549

Bobby Bowden easily trumps any coach in the SEC...

I can't agree with that either. :lol

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

I don't even know where to start with this....   

You could start by explaining why your buddy over there, Rickybobby, would start a totally off the wall, ridiculous thread like that.....

• Content Count:  2,726

F#*K the SEC!!!

Big East ALL the WAY!!!

GO BULLS!!!

Archived