Dumbest post about USF ever???

tampaboi07

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

that tenn fan is just a troll trying to start stuff because he knows his team is inferior to usf.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

I don't even know where to start with this....

but to the average SEC fan, the only view of USF they have is of them getting waxed by Alabama and South Carolina (think those were who it was?) in the past few years.  Then if they do any research at all and see losses to Kansas, UConn and Army over the last few years and they laugh, rightfully so.  USF still hasn't proven anything on the national scene, that is why everyone is calling us a "sleeper" or "dark horse" this year.  Until USF can consistently win games and beat BCS teams outside of the Big East (not just the UNC's and Indiana's of the BCS too) not many people outside of the Big East will care.  I have no idea why a UT fan would give a crap at all about USF outside of just being a college football fan at this point, there is no connection at all except for recruiting, maybe, and UT is still competing with the Michigan's, Florida's, and Texas' of the world for recruits from Florida. 

And for everyone that has said that USF has a better team than UT or UT is somehow scared of USF... you need to take off the green and gold glasses.  UT still pulls in the best athletes in the country year in and year out (top 5 class last year, top class a few years ago, etc.), still has some of the best facilities in the country, biggest fan bases in the country, etc.  Even with the disaster season of 2005, Fulmer is one of the winningest coaches during his tenure.  Laugh at Vanderbilt all you want, but that same season UT went to LSU and won.  And, Vanderbilt would not finish last in the Big East and would probably win at least 3-4 conference games a year.     

• Content Count:  3,574

I don't even know where to start with this....

but to the average SEC fan, the only view of USF they have is of them getting waxed by Alabama and South Carolina (think those were who it was?) in the past few years.  Then if they do any research at all and see losses to Kansas, UConn and Army over the last few years and they laugh, rightfully so.  USF still hasn't proven anything on the national scene, that is why everyone is calling us a "sleeper" or "dark horse" this year.  Until USF can consistently win games and beat BCS teams outside of the Big East (not just the UNC's and Indiana's of the BCS too) not many people outside of the Big East will care.  I have no idea why a UT fan would give a crap at all about USF outside of just being a college football fan at this point, there is no connection at all except for recruiting, maybe, and UT is still competing with the Michigan's, Florida's, and Texas' of the world for recruits from Florida. 

And for everyone that has said that USF has a better team than UT or UT is somehow scared of USF... you need to take off the green and gold glasses.  UT still pulls in the best athletes in the country year in and year out (top 5 class last year, top class a few years ago, etc.), still has some of the best facilities in the country, biggest fan bases in the country, etc.  Even with the disaster season of 2005, Fulmer is one of the winningest coaches during his tenure.  Laugh at Vanderbilt all you want, but that same season UT went to LSU and won.  And, Vanderbilt would not finish last in the Big East and would probably win at least 3-4 conference games a year.     

My green and gold glasses are now removed. 

Are you planning on moving to Florida after you're done?  There's plenty of green and gold paint left for you.  ;)

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol nice

• Content Count:  1,457

• Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

Agree we need to beat an sec team.

Question for the Tenn. guy.  Please explain the difference between "finishing in top half"  and 

"being an also ran".  If you're not first, you're an also ran.

I know it's on another thread.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  4,503

Tenn is just like Michigan.  Big house and tons and tons of fans but haven't won the big game in what seems like a long time.  Mich has had an incredible record also but has not done real well in bowl games.  With all the talent that Tenn has had over the years you would think they would have done better.  Last point:  Argueably the best two QBs in the NFL came from Mich and Tenn and what NC did either win in college.  In Mich case they didn't even recognize the talent.  At least Tenn kept Peyton on the field.

• Content Count:  4,503

One more thing - Now I feel like family - when you get attacked by people your family(BE brothers) comes to your defense but you still fight amongst yourselves.

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I would bave been a much better thread without the stupid UCF crap.  We should just ignore them, and hope they go away.  Bickering with UCF fans on a SEC thread just make US look lower-level.

• Content Count:  849

As for Tennesee pulling in top 5 classes year in and year out...that's actually irrelevant because you'd think a team that pulls in top 5 talent would atleast make a BCS bowl. They haven't been to one since 2000. Can you imagine what Jim Leavitt would produce on the field with top 5 recruiting classes year in and year out. The results would be scary.

We take recruiting classes ranked between 45-60th in the nation and produce good teams capable of competing with college football's elite squads. Its a testament to how good of a coach we have and the direction that USF is heading in.

Tennesee has some issues, they can't win despite pulling in top notch talent. They have bigger things to worry about than USF.

Archived