Starters Suffer Ankle Injuries - Trib

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Bulls Starters Suffer Ankle Injuries

Published: Aug 10, 2007

TAMPA - Two projected starters for the University of South Florida suffered ankle injuries during Thursday night's practice.

Sophomore LB Chris Robinson was carted off the field at the end of practice with what Coach Jim Leavitt described as a sprain. Senior G Walter Walker turned an ankle as well. Leavitt provided no other information about the injuries.

Freshman G Zach Hermann sat out the practice as well with the flu.

Tribune Link Above

Hoping they're not serious ... have a month to heal.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  253
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully, it wasn't serious and they'll just sit out the Elon game to be ready for Auburn.

• Content Count:  132

I hope they are OK as well, the concern is missing very important practice time.  Walker is more of a veteran so time off should not hurt him as much.  Grunge, that Elon game is a lot more important then you realize for someone like the new LB's.  Elon will not be able to match Auburn's speed, but Elon will be able to give the guys their first look at real competition, 1-aa competition, but still a challange.

• Content Count:  919

Can't afford to lose Walker.  Hope both are OK for the season opener.

• Content Count:  1,297

If its just a sprain they should be OK for Elon......shake off the rust before Auburn.

• Content Count:  4,016

I hope they are OK as well, the concern is missing very important practice time.  Walker is more of a veteran so time off should not hurt him as much.  Grunge, that Elon game is a lot more important then you realize for someone like the new LB's.  Elon will not be able to match Auburn's speed, but Elon will be able to give the guys their first look at real competition, 1-aa competition, but still a challange.

Toejam, Christ Robinson played a ton at LB last year.  Virtually started their against WVU so I think he's comfortable with the speed of the game.  You should do a search on Robinson and I think you'll be surprised.  Most UCF fans should remember him he's the guy that sacked Moffett and forced him to fumble to end the game.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

elon should not give usf real competition

if they do we are in trouble

usf should dominate every phase of game and win 70-0

• Content Count:  6,772
  • Days Won:  19

I agree with you Smazza... I do not have Chris Robinson starting at this point in time... I still see Tyrone McKenzie being the unofficial leader of the defense and a starter over Chris, although everyone else will peg Ben Moffit. This will give Tyrone a ton more reps... The kid has played quality ball for two seasons... He will excel for us... In my opinion, he is the best pickup we had, even better than Mike Ford.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

elon should not give usf real competition

if they do we are in trouble

usf should dominate every phase of game and win 70-0

Correct, there "shouldn't" be any competition from Elon.  I predict a 52-10 type score.

• Content Count:  4,016

I agree with you Smazza... I do not have Chris Robinson starting at this point in time... I still see Tyrone McKenzie being the unofficial leader of the defense and a starter over Chris, although everyone else will peg Ben Moffit. This will give Tyrone a ton more reps... The kid has played quality ball for two seasons... He will excel for us... In my opinion, he is the best pickup we had, even better than Mike Ford.

Tough words on Moffitt, he's led the team in tackling for two straight years, and is pretty clear the leader on this defense.  I think McKenzie was a big addition but even he'll lean on Ben for support this season.

Chris may not be an every down starter but as a RS-FR he had 7.5 sacks, and 5 forced fumbles.  He's a playmaker and every team likes playmakers on the field.  The more the merrier.

Archived