Would you want this guy on our team?

ChiTownBull

Guest JulmisteForPrez

ignorant is judging a person without knowing them.  I bet you have done over 10 things in your life that you would have gotten arrested for but were never caught in police infested Prarietown.

:ROFLMAO

In one breath, you say, "Ignorant is judging a person without knowing them."

In the next breath you say, "I bet you have done over 10 things in your life that you would have gotten arrested for but were never caught in police infested Prarietown."

Uhhhhh.......those have to be the most contradictory statements I have ever read/heard in my life.

Not to mention completely untrue.

So according to that logic (taking it further, granted, but still in the same line of reasoning), I should have no problem letting my kids (when I have them) hang around convicted sex criminals.  'Cause I mean, hey -- I don't really know those people, so I certainly can't judge them!!

:nope Brilliant.  Truly brilliant.  :nope

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

no

• Content Count:  6,772
  • Days Won:  19

yes ;D

• Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

yes ;D

Of course you say yes.  He could be family or at least should be.    ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

The kid is how old?  I did everyone of those charges and own a business where I deal with people from strippers to clergymen.  I judge none of them. 

[glow=yellow,2,300]did he do any of that at USF?  no.[/glow] bring him in and put him on a short leesh, if he does while we pay for his education, hit the bricks.

Exactly. What's the downside of bringing him in and putting him on a short leash? Ticking off a few holier than thou fans ....?

CJL will do what he thinks is best for the team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,805
  • Days Won:  213

Robinson acknowledged that her son had violated team rules, but she wouldn't go into detail about specifics of the violation.

"The only way he was going to get out was to violate [team rules]," she said.

reading a little between the lines here--- is it at all possible that he violated some rules on purpose to get kicked off the team and away from FSU itself?

As far as I am concerned-- if the coaches are up for him coming into our camp, then by all means do it. The will be one of two things-- he straightens out anything that is wrong about his character or he gets cut from our team as well.

For all we know, we may have a decent player available to us because of FSU coaching problems. Let's give it a shot and not jump to any conclusions about how things shook out at FSU. The way things went down for AD makes  me wonder how that program is run in general. Ultimately, the coaches can figure this out and make the best informed decision.

• Content Count:  6,580
  • Days Won:  2

No

• Content Count:  4,016

Robinson acknowledged that her son had violated team rules, but she wouldn't go into detail about specifics of the violation.

"The only way he was going to get out was to violate [team rules]," she said.

reading a little between the lines here--- is it at all possible that he violated some rules on purpose to get kicked off the team and away from FSU itself?

As far as I am concerned-- if the coaches are up for him coming into our camp, then by all means do it. The will be one of two things-- he straightens out anything that is wrong about his character or he gets cut from our team as well.

For all we know, we may have a decent player available to us because of FSU coaching problems. Let's give it a shot and not jump to any conclusions about how things shook out at FSU. The way things went down for AD makes  me wonder how that program is run in general. Ultimately, the coaches can figure this out and make the best informed decision.

Good point MikeG, remember 'violating team rules' is as simple as a kid not showing up to regularly timed meetings or practice.  Thus, he's violated team rules.  BUT if he doesn't want on the team anymore this is more of a case of who blinks first.  FSU saves face by kicking him out for 'violating team rules' possibly.  This is why it's better to let the coaches judge since absolutely none of us have all the facts or have even spoken to the kid to pass judgement.

Remember that Trickett is a bulldog of a coach and has a very specific style of OL in size, and style that he likes on his team.  From his stops at Auburn and WVU he's sent over a dozen kids to the NFL.  Hardrick possibly doesn't fit the proper mold and dropped on the depth chart, maybe the kid lost 20+pounds in the off-season only to come in for the first day of practice to be told it wasn't good enough or he was still relegated to third string.  At that point life is to short to be miserable.

All hypothetical, but that's the point much of the stuff can be explained away.  Kinda like Ford's arrest in the summer, at first I was like 'what the....' then hearing the facts it wasn't such a big deal.  Just something you tell him to stop being a knucklehead and pay your **** tickets....and again there are more than a few of us guilty of this too.

• Content Count:  4,451

Just something you tell him to stop being a knucklehead and pay your **** tickets....and again there are more than a few of us guilty of this too.

Being knuckleheads or paying tix?  I'm guilty of the former not the later.  ;D

• Content Count:  75

Let the coaches decide and stop judging people.

Isn't the whole point of this site to judge people and groups of people. (Postivie or negative)

I think my decision/judgement depends on how much of a stud he could be ;D

Archived