Rushing the field

chazmeister

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

I am the short guy, nice to meet you.

As the man with his arm around Hall in the above picture (the tall guy), I can say that rushing the field, while exhilarating, should be reserved for only the biggest of wins, lest we look like we're small-time. Louisville was great for three reasons- 1) It was a home game (rushes should only be done on the home field, I don't think there are any exceptions save bowl games), 2) it was the biggest win in history (taking down a top ten!!), and 3) it was an absolute slaughter. We didn't just win, we owned. We reigned. We ruled. That being said, we need to set our sights high- I vote the next rush of the field be our first BCS clinching win, or the BCS win itself.

The big schools only rush on big wins- we're a big school, so we need to act like it.

And who the hell suggested we rush the field after beating that women's school in the middle of the state? Please, we need to treat them like the trumped-up 1-AA they are.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  412
  • Days Won:  0

Nice to meet you AGAIN, lol.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,809
  • Days Won:  213

67o945f.jpg

• Content Count:  2,307

I've never rushed the field and I was there when we beat Bowling Green, Cincinnati (don't know why people rushed that one), Louisville...and the other games people rushed...I think there's more.

Hell, I was there when we beat #18 Charlotte in basketball(rushed that time), didn't rush for ND though.

I've always wanted to rush at Ray Jay...and after so many years of being a student and not doing it I'm for it this time!  Only if it's a HUGE win!

And Mike G, that shirt is hilarious.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Someone start making a USF sail so we can raid the pirate ship and raise a USF sail!!

• Content Count:  1,261

I've never rushed the field and I was there when we beat Bowling Green, Cincinnati (don't know why people rushed that one), Louisville...and the other games people rushed...I think there's more.

Hell, I was there when we beat #18 Charlotte in basketball(rushed that time), didn't rush for ND though.

I've always wanted to rush at Ray Jay...and after so many years of being a student and not doing it I'm for it this time!  Only if it's a HUGE win!

And Mike G, that shirt is hilarious.

That win got us bowl-eligible.

• Content Count:  1,165

The only way I could see rushing the field as being an option would be if we beat UL to lock up the Big East and secure a BCS bowl.

Yea, I think we're past the point of rushing the field for a single game, especially the first conference game of the year.  Beating WVU isn't the main goal of the year; winning the BE is.

If we beat Louisville to lock up the BE, I'd imagine that would be field-rushing time

• Content Count:  358

67o945f.jpg

We need this shirt in Green.  With White letters.  "Tase" in Gold letters.

;D

• Content Count:  131

Lets breakdown the facts:

RAJAY is not a hallowed field.

A couple thousands bulls fans outnumber a couple tasers.

A couple tasers used on students equal much public outcry in todays PC culture.

We can RUSH THE FIELD FROM THE ENDZONE OPPOSITE TO THE STUDENT SECTION!

that will catch all those taser cops way off gaurd, and if a large number of fans get on the field, AND DO NOT TEAR UP THE FIELD OR SCREW WITH THE FIELD GOAL POSTS, we should be able to avoid legal issues.

In conclusion, Lets do it!

Here are some more facts:  You will face the prospect of being charged criminally if arrested.  There are enough officers to arrest dozens of field trespassers.  They only will use the tasers if you actively resist arrest (struggling or pulling away like the UF guy) So if you are caught just submit to the handcuffing and go quietly.  You WILL be found guilty.  You WILL have a criminal record. You WILL have to pay the fines and court costs.  That being said you are adults and therefore responsible for your decisions.  For me I don't think the reward would be worth the risk but hey, have fun.

• Content Count:  131

I cannot wait until I 2010 when I can lead the first successful storming of the field at "The Swamp".

Chargin RayJay is one thing, but charging the swamp is asking for an beating. Not just by cops, but by Gator fans as well. It's just mutual respect, don't storm the field when you're the visitor. Just like don't jump on the logo at mid-field.

Anyhow, here's my plan. We talk to the players ahead of time, those we know, and ask them to come over and start helping people down. Once it gets going, there's no stopping it. Besides, no cop will risk losing his job for tasering a player. STAMPEDE!

With that being said, we really need to be smart about when and how we rush the field. Don't waste rushing the field on beating UCiF. Maybe not even WVU. Save it for Louisville, when the title maybe on the line. We only may have one shot at this, so we can't screw up.

USF PD is tracking us down as we speak. We're now on the watch list. >:D

USFPD is so understaffed by the lack of support by Judy Genshaft that they can't field enough officers for patrol. Not to hijack the thread but I SO wish she would get fired.  Have you guys seen the news reports on Channel 10?  go to their website and check em out.  You get a chance to see Jennifer Menningall get caught in a blatant lie on camera and just sit there grinning like an idiot.. Classic! 

Archived