When we get our state of the art OCS

Triple B

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

i knew someone would bring up Univ of Minnesota.. it is also going to be used by the Vikings.. like how the steelers and Pitt share a stadium..

Unfortunately, no it is only going to be home to the Gophers.  The only way the Vikes could play there is if they decide to demolish the Metrodome and build a new stadium on the same site, then the Vikes would play a season or two in the Gopher's new stadium.

That is correct.

The Vikings are looking to build their own $750 Million Stadium downtown for themselves (plus be able to host other events like Final Fours, other "indoor" events, etc...)

Minnesota Gophers will have their own on-campus stadium again for the very first time since 1981...when they moved to the MetroDome for the 1982 season.

Here's info on the Vikings possible stadium deal:

Viking Stadium Slideshow:

http://wcco.com/slideshows/local_slideshow_109174631

More info:

http://wcco.com/vikings/local_story_125113156.html

Update:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/26/vikings.stadium.ap/

interesting.  i read an article that the vikes will share the stadium, considering the close vicinity to downtown.  But that was a while ago.. i guess things have changed.  regardless, i highly doubt USF will get the state's funding for a state of the art OCS like that one.. Univ of Minn is the only university in that state with D-1A football and the only BCS program at that.. it makes sense to throw a lot of money at that project, for the sake of the state making a lot of money.  As for us, we are (and never will be) in a position to make that kind of demand (a really really nice state of the art OCS), considering there are so many other D-1 programs in the state as is.

that being said, for those clamoring and waiting anxiously for a stadium with cupholders and seatbacks, i wouldnt hold my breath.  even the flagship university of the state (UF) has a stadium of bleachers.  I just find it a little ironic a lot of people are making fun of UCF's new stadium, when the chances are that our stadium will probably be not that much different (if we ever do get one)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I don't wanna follow other schools ... let's make our own tradition  ;D

And I like Thunderstruck for our opener.

And those that think this is NFL stuff, those that have been to a USC(South Carolina) gaem can tell you about their opener each game.

I'm with you Trip !

Thunderstuck = 80s Rcok = NFL

2000 Space Oddysey = Cinema Music = Not NFL

The NFL is famous for just throwing 80s rock on at every moment they get...

I'm not advocating playing "Crazy Train" at every freaking kick-off or doing away with HOT. They do a phenoemenal job once the game starts and during halftime. My initial thing was a one shot deal for the opening of our OCS ... but it wouldn't be that bad to have a rock song that kicks butt played somewhere right before the game to help the crowd get even more stoked ..... and AC/DC songs fit that, especially "For Those About to Rock"  ..... and it's "2001: A Space Odyssey".   ;)

The 2001: A Space Odyssey opening theme is actually Also Sprach Zarathutstra by Richard Strauss... If we're talking classical ... which HOT could theoretically play... I have a few other themes that could work:

Imperial March from Star Wars by John Williams

O Fortuna from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

March of the Toreadors from Carmen by George Bizet

Ride of the Valkries from Die Walküre by Richard Wagner

And I agree that '80s rock can be a bit rough...

But what about Momma Said Knock You Out by LL Cool J?...

As long as it isn't Rock & Roll Part II... we all remember that thread, eh?  http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=22488.msg255537#msg255537

Imperial March and O Fortuna (and to a lesser extent, Ride of the Valkyries) are overused. I'd love to see a hot (HOT) arrangement of Malaguena come back. Or perhaps Dies Irae from Verdi's Manzoni Requiem.

Pirates of the Caribbean theme:

Ignore the video, just listen to the music

L063UP33nCM

• Content Count:  12,676
  • Days Won:  25

Ask Leavitt what one of his top recruiting tools are, and he'll tell you it's the opportunity to play at RayJay.

So, if THE COACH isn't even asking, I think it's going to be a very long time before we worry about building on campus.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Ask Leavitt what one of his top recruiting tools are, and he'll tell you it's the opportunity to play at RayJay.

So, if THE COACH isn't even asking, I think it's going to be a very long time before we worry about building on campus.

GO BULLS!

SOTA OCDH

(state of the art on campus dining hall)

Archived