When we get our state of the art OCS

Triple B

I don't wanna follow other schools ... let's make our own tradition  ;D

And I like Thunderstruck for our opener.

And those that think this is NFL stuff, those that have been to a USC(South Carolina) gaem can tell you about their opener each game.

I'm with you Trip !

Thunderstuck = 80s Rcok = NFL

2000 Space Oddysey = Cinema Music = Not NFL

The NFL is famous for just throwing 80s rock on at every moment they get...

I'm not advocating playing "Crazy Train" at every freaking kick-off or doing away with HOT. They do a phenoemenal job once the game starts and during halftime. My initial thing was a one shot deal for the opening of our OCS ... but it wouldn't be that bad to have a rock song that kicks butt played somewhere right before the game to help the crowd get even more stoked ..... and AC/DC songs fit that, especially "For Those About to Rock"  ..... and it's "2001: A Space Odyssey".  ;)

The 2001: A Space Odyssey opening theme is actually Also Sprach Zarathutstra by Richard Strauss... If we're talking classical ... which HOT could theoretically play... I have a few other themes that could work:

Imperial March from Star Wars by John Williams

O Fortuna from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

March of the Toreadors from Carmen by George Bizet

Ride of the Valkries from Die Walküre by Richard Wagner

And I agree that '80s rock can be a bit rough...

But what about Momma Said Knock You Out by LL Cool J?...

As long as it isn't Rock & Roll Part II... we all remember that thread, eh?  http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=22488.msg255537#msg255537

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

god, i hate the eagles.. i cannot believe an eagles video even made it to this msg board..

.. and for the record, i highly doubt that we'll get a "state of the art OCS" like the Link.. stadiums of that magnitude are built for pro sports that are multi-million dollar industries.. although most will not like to hear this, but i will bet our stadium will look more like brighthouse networks than lincoln financial.  no stadium built in the modern era was built to the magnitude of lincoln financial field and created exclusively for a college program.

FYI...the next newest on-campus football stadium will be 50,000 seat open-air stadium at the Univ of Minnesota...where the STATE Legislature has approved over $170 Million in finacing to help cover about 60%-70% cost of the stadium. (FYI...in less than a year...the cost of the stadium went up $40 Million).

Also UCONN got a "free" off-campus stadium for use from their state legislature...but I don't the FLA State Legislature will give $100 Million to $200 Million to any school to help build a "football stadium". (FSU's "fast one" was the last...).

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2007/01/03/gopherstadium/

Fun Stat:

Big Ten Stadiums

Year Built

Stadium     

School

TCF Bank

Minnesota

Beaver

Penn State

Memorial

Indiana

Kinnick

Iowa

Michigan

Michigan

Ryan

Northwestern

Ross-Ade

Purdue

Memorial

Illinois

Spartan

Michigan State

Ohio

Ohio State

Camp Randall

Wisconsin

OGNHTFJIBDAUYGO.20070103001646.jpg

Here's info on Univ of

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  400

FYI...the next newest on-campus football stadium will be 50,000 seat open-air stadium at the Univ of Minnesota...where the STATE Legislature has approved over $170 Million in finacing to help cover about 60%-70% cost of the stadium. (FYI...in less than a year...the cost of the stadium went up $40 Million).

i knew someone would bring up Univ of Minnesota.. it is also going to be used by the Vikings.. like how the steelers and Pitt share a stadium..

• Content Count:  400

i'd like to have some rap too during the intro.. it seems like a lot of programs have some sort of rock

• Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

i knew someone would bring up Univ of Minnesota.. it is also going to be used by the Vikings.. like how the steelers and Pitt share a stadium..

Unfortunately, no it is only going to be home to the Gophers.  The only way the Vikes could play there is if they decide to demolish the Metrodome and build a new stadium on the same site, then the Vikes would play a season or two in the Gopher's new stadium.

• Content Count:  2,363

I don't wanna follow other schools ... let's make our own tradition  ;D

And I like Thunderstruck for our opener.

And those that think this is NFL stuff, those that have been to a USC(South Carolina) gaem can tell you about their opener each game.

I'm with you Trip !

Thunderstuck = 80s Rcok = NFL

2000 Space Oddysey = Cinema Music = Not NFL

The NFL is famous for just throwing 80s rock on at every moment they get...

I'm not advocating playing "Crazy Train" at every freaking kick-off or doing away with HOT. They do a phenoemenal job once the game starts and during halftime. My initial thing was a one shot deal for the opening of our OCS ... but it wouldn't be that bad to have a rock song that kicks butt played somewhere right before the game to help the crowd get even more stoked ..... and AC/DC songs fit that, especially "For Those About to Rock"  ..... and it's "2001: A Space Odyssey".   ;)

The 2001: A Space Odyssey opening theme is actually Also Sprach Zarathutstra by Richard Strauss... If we're talking classical ... which HOT could theoretically play... I have a few other themes that could work:

Imperial March from Star Wars by John Williams

O Fortuna from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

March of the Toreadors from Carmen by George Bizet

Ride of the Valkries from Die Walküre by Richard Wagner

As long as it isn't Rock & Roll Part II... we all remember that thread, eh?  http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=22488.msg255537#msg255537

Imperial March and O Fortuna (and to a lesser extent, Ride of the Valkyries) are overused. I'd love to see a hot (HOT) arrangement of Malaguena come back. Or perhaps Dies Irae from Verdi's Manzoni Requiem.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Unfortunately, no it is only going to be home to the Gophers.  The only way the Vikes could play there is if they decide to demolish the Metrodome and build a new stadium on the same site, then the Vikes would play a season or two in the Gopher's new stadium.

That is correct.

The Vikings are looking to build their own $750 Million Stadium downtown for themselves (plus be able to host other events like Final Fours, other "indoor" events, etc...)

Minnesota Gophers will have their own on-campus stadium again for the very first time since 1981...when they moved to the MetroDome for the 1982 season.

Here's info on the Vikings possible stadium deal:

Viking Stadium Slideshow:

http://wcco.com/slideshows/local_slideshow_109174631

More info:

http://wcco.com/vikings/local_story_125113156.html

Update:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/26/vikings.stadium.ap/

• Content Count:  4,016

god, i hate the eagles.. i cannot believe an eagles video even made it to this msg board..

.. and for the record, i highly doubt that we'll get a "state of the art OCS" like the Link.. stadiums of that magnitude are built for pro sports that are multi-million dollar industries.. although most will not like to hear this, but i will bet our stadium will look more like brighthouse networks than lincoln financial.  no stadium built in the modern era was built to the magnitude of lincoln financial field and created exclusively for a college program.

Also UCONN got a "free" off-campus stadium for use from their state legislature...but I don't the FLA State Legislature will give $100 Million to $200 Million to any school to help build a "football stadium". (FSU's "fast one" was the last...).

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2007/01/03/gopherstadium/

Fun Stat:

Big Ten Stadiums

Year Built

Stadium       

School

TCF Bank

Minnesota

Beaver

Penn State

Memorial

Indiana

Kinnick

Iowa

Michigan

Michigan

Ryan

Northwestern

Ross-Ade

Purdue

Memorial

Illinois

Spartan

Michigan State

Ohio

Ohio State

Camp Randall

Wisconsin

OGNHTFJIBDAUYGO.20070103001646.jpg

Here's info on Univ of

A couple little diddy's to explain the jumps- constructio jobs in FL are not subjected to quite the same massive swings as you see in many Northern construction jobs.  Timing is crucial in Minnesota and jobs in the upper MW, depending on the construction schedule have dozens of days where working outside is not feasible, again which jumps the cost.  Second, Minnesota is a unionized state, and as a government job it's subject to the Davis-Bacon wage calculations, i.e. every person from the security guy, to a cleaning guy prepping the stadium after completion must get prevailing wages for whatever their union level job dictates, for example in FL many times guys will pick-up hourly laborers for clean-up, and pay slightly above min wage for certain menial jobs...in MN you're in the $15-20hr for all of them.  Basically this explantion is to say you can easily build nearly the same thing in FL for about a 25% discount or greater.

I have a client in Minneapolis who's a bigger donor and part of the "M" Club.  He said they were also nailed by some poor site issues apparently that raised the cost.  They are super excited about the opportunity though and never felt the MetroDome was conducive to college.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Leave the NFL stuff for NFL games.

It's stuff like this that has killed my interest in the league. Fireworks are fine, but I'm there for football and the natural atmosphere. Not some 80s rock and laser show.

That right there is well said.

Great minds think alike.

The NFL is becoming about as interesting as the NBA.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,805
  • Days Won:  213

License to kill gophers by the government

of the United Nations.

Man...free to kill gophers at will.

To kill, you must know your enemy.

In this case, my enemy is a varmint,

and a varmint will never quit.

Ever! They're like the Viet Cong.

Varmint Cong!

So what you have to do,

you have to fall back...

...on superior firepower...

...and superior intelligence.