When we get our state of the art OCS

Triple B

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Give me a flyover, i love the flyover.

Turn on ESPN2 at 3:30 pm on Sept 15th...to catch a military "fly over" at a college football game being held somehwere in FLA!  (hint...close to Orlando) ;)

It's nice to have "friends" in "high" places.

PS. Having seen a zillion fly-overs at NASCAR races in Daytona...they ARE very cool! Can't wait to see the one on the 15th!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

As nice as something like that would be, leave it for the pro teams.  Collegiate ball is something special, the passion that fans, players, and other associated parties is much more than the corporate feeling of a pro game.

As to the modern stadium you are talking about, past examples in recent years of new college football stadiums would be:

- Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium (school to remain nameless up in Kentucky - opened in 1999)

- Gerald J. Ford Stadium (SMU - opened in 2000)

- Rentschler Field (UConn - opened in 2003)

- New Stanford Stadium (Stanford - opened in 2006)

- Bright House Networks Stadium (you know who in MickeyLand - opens in 2007)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

I don't wanna follow other schools ... let's make our own tradition  ;D

And I like Thunderstruck for our opener.

And those that think this is NFL stuff, those that have been to a USC(South Carolina) gaem can tell you about their opener each game.

I'm with you Trip !

• Content Count:  1,797

Are you refering to the "fly over" that Texas's offense is going to be doing over the Gnat D KL?  :D

Normal

• Content Count:  1,812

Give me a flyover, i love the flyover.

Turn on ESPN2 at 3:30 pm on Sept 15th...to catch a military "fly over" at a college football game being held somehwere in FLA!  (hint...close to Orlando) ;)

It's nice to have "friends" in "high" places.

PS. Having seen a zillion fly-overs at NASCAR races in Daytona...they ARE very cool! Can't wait to see the one on the 15th!

I wish I could see one; I guess what we need in Tampa is some kind of military presence like some kind of HQ and maybe a Air base. Maybe a pro football team will come here and play games on Sundays so we can then have them. I am sure we will never reach a zillion like Daytona as they have major races there every week and the Bucs only play 8 reg games plus playoffs a year. Maybe the Super Bowl will have one if they can find the money.

Thanks for the tip and coming to this thread that had nothing to do with UCif and posting your dribble.

BTW; USF has guys that jump out of Helicopters and planes to deliver the ball at games; it has nothing to do with friends in high places.

Tanks for also letting us know your moral victory already; we got waxed but we had a flyover.

I do not care if they played the game with no sound system and Visual aids and at half time we watched grass grow; as long as we win; and most of the time we do.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

god, i hate the eagles.. i cannot believe an eagles video even made it to this msg board..

There are Bulls fans that are fans of disgusting teams like the Eagles and Cowboys .... It's a melting pot. And as far as the video concerned, just use your imagination to see a great big ol 'U' floating around in place of the Eagle.

.. and for the record, i highly doubt that we'll get a "state of the art OCS" like the Link.. stadiums of that magnitude are built for pro sports that are multi-million dollar industries.. although most will not like to hear this, but i will bet our stadium will look more like brighthouse networks than lincoln financial.  no stadium built in the modern era was built to the magnitude of lincoln financial field and created exclusively for a college program.

I wasn't implying we'd get anything close to the Linc but I'm assuming when we're ready to build one, it will be on our terms and we'll build a state-of-the-art on campus stadium when compared to other on campus stadiums.

• Content Count:  2,363

There are Bulls fans that are fans of [...] teams like the Eagles

::raises hand::

I'll definitely second the assessment of the Cowboys though.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

And those that think this is NFL stuff, those that have been to a USC(South Carolina) gaem can tell you about their opener each game.

I'm with you Trip !

Thunderstuck = 80s Rcok = NFL

2000 Space Oddysey = Cinema Music = Not NFL

The NFL is famous for just throwing 80s rock on at every moment they get...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

I'm with you Trip !

Thunderstuck = 80s Rcok = NFL

2000 Space Oddysey = Cinema Music = Not NFL

The NFL is famous for just throwing 80s rock on at every moment they get...

I'm not advocating playing "Crazy Train" at every freaking kick-off or doing away with HOT. They do a phenoemenal job once the game starts and during halftime. My initial thing was a one shot deal for the opening of our OCS ... but it wouldn't be that bad to have a rock song that kicks butt played somewhere right before the game to help the crowd get even more stoked ..... and AC/DC songs fit that, especially "For Those About to Rock"  ..... and it's "2001: A Space Odyssey".  ;)

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls On Parade > Thunderstruck

Archived