Auburn fan checking in...

TDAuburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

These threads always end up turning out to be "brag about our players to msg board visitors" threads.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Echo most of the thoughts above.

Thanx for stopping by and keep the conversation going.

I won't making this game, but am very excited about watching it Saturday nite.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,911

if usf plays the defense they're capable of, we'll have a chance to win. i'm not too confident about our o-line. straight up w/ auburn's front 4 our o-line would most likely crumble, we'll have to get creative w/ our offense in order to score points do some misdirection or screens to keep their d off balanced. i'm hoping auburn treats the game like they were playing troy or some non-bcs team and they go vanilla on offense, usf wants this game badly.

My bet is we run at least 3 trick plays this game. I'm calling two reverses and one pass by Amarri.

• Content Count:  3,827

These threads always end up turning out to be "brag about our players to msg board visitors" threads.

Im kinda hoping the auburn fan does the same thing, cause I dont know anything about them.

• Content Count:  7

Im kinda hoping the auburn fan does the same thing, cause I dont know anything about them.

K... I'll try to help.

Offense:

QB - #12 Brandon Cox.  He's underated this year due to playing injured for most of last season.  He's on the Manning watch list.  A lefty who's very accurate with the ball.  He's good at reading defenses and checking off.  He can go to 2nd or 3rd receivers depending on who's covered.  We don't have a legitimate backup with playing time.

OL - Mostly new starters, but they look promising.

RB - As usual, AU is loaded at this position.  #1 Brad Lester (smallish scat back) should get most of the carries.  Also look for #44 Ben Tate (large, fast, straight-ahead), #9 Tristan Davis and #27 Mario Fannin.

WR - Some concern here, not much experience and they seem to have trouble getting open.  #80 Rod Smith will probably get the most playing time.  Also look for #15 Prechea Rodriguez, and possibly #13 Tim Hawthorne.

TE - 3 very good tight ends that can block and catch well... #87 Cole Bennet, #83 Gabe McKenzie, #5 Tommy Trott.  We may run one of them, probably Trott, out of the backfield as a blocker / screen pass safety valve.

Defense:

DL - Strong and fast, larger guys than in the past.  The coaches have been recruiting larger here to prevent the type of "run it down their throat" offenses that have hurt us in the past (see last years Ark. game as an example).

DE - #54 Quentin Groves, Grothe may have nightmares about the "Q" after the game.

LB - Watch #10 Trey Blackmon.  Highly touted guy who was suspended for the first 6 games last year and also the Cotton Bowl for 2 separate off-field indiscretions.  He was a terror in the games he did play in.  The other LB's aren't too shabby either.

Secondary - Some concern here too.  #33 Eric Brock is a solid strong safety.  We'll see how the corners and FS work out.

Special Teams:

Tristan Davis is a good return man.  As far as punts, field goals and kick off's?... don't have a clue.  We probably graduated the best group of kickers in the country last year.  A total unknown.

• Content Count:  68

For the USF fans.  We have our problems with teams who run the offense the way AU runs there. Pro Style with a big OLine and run it down your throat.  We are under sized and quick.  Which sets us up well against the like of WVU and not so much UL. I think this game is going to be very difficult for us to stop their run if they run multiple TE sets.  We have had problems in the past.  However I am hopeful.  I think it depends like any other game we play, controlling the clock and not turning the ball over.  Who ever wins those two battles will win the game.  That and whoever can make a big play on special teams.

With that being said I have heard Jamar Taylor got his waiver to play this year. 

• Content Count:  19,660
  • Days Won:  255

Where did you hear that? If so this is HUGE news.

For the USF fans.  We have our problems with teams who run the offense the way AU runs there. Pro Style with a big OLine and run it down your throat.  We are under sized and quick.  Which sets us up well against the like of WVU and not so much UL. I think this game is going to be very difficult for us to stop their run if they run multiple TE sets.  We have had problems in the past.  However I am hopeful.  I think it depends like any other game we play, controlling the clock and not turning the ball over.  Who ever wins those two battles will win the game.  That and whoever can make a big play on special teams.

With that being said I have heard Jamar Taylor got his waiver to play this year. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I expect Greg to immediately check this out and confirm or deny.

What it's not on the blog yet?

• Content Count:  919

DE - #54 Quentin Groves, Grothe may have nightmares about the "Q" after the game.

That's what everyone said about Elvis Dumervil from Louisville but he got shut out by Thed Watson.  I think Dile will match up with Groves, so hopefully he will be up to the task.  If not, Grothe is often at his best when scrambling. 

• Content Count:  5,691

Wow we both have unknowns in our kicking game..9ould be the difference if one unit steps up and the other does not.

Archived