USF on College Football Live Again

Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

On a day where they talked about WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers... including an interview with Greg Schiano... and a NCAA '08 simulation of WVU-Rutgers (WVU won that)... Matt from Tampa asked... "What are USF's chances for getting to a BCS bowl?"... Bob Griese brushed it aside.. "Pretty good, but they have all them other teams ahead of them..." Rece, at least, tried saving it by saying "Quarterback Matt Grothe returning..."*

I get the impression they are getting tired of hearing about THE University of South Florida!!!

Go Bulls!!

Now someone needs to Sound Off about USF!!

* paraphrasing

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

I saw it.  Pissed me off that a school that has so many returning players and a few (hopefully) good newcomers doesn't even get mentioned when talking about the BE race, esp considering we beat the team that May says is the cream of the crop on the road last year.

Then when someone actually asks them about our chances to get to BCS game, we are blown off w/ a one sentence reply that made it look like Griese has never even seen USF play. 

• Content Count:  869
  • Days Won:  0

I prefer that we are below the radar.  When we are at the end of a winning season, then I will be concerned about coverage, not before.

• Content Count:  1,433

I love that show!  TIVO it everyday.....you guys remember when just the hint of something USF was on ESPN --- how exciting it was?  It's happening all the time!  Just wait til we've been for 15 years.

• Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Talk right now is cheap. The Bulls beat Auburn and there will be plenty of USF and BCS Bowl talk around the nation.

• Content Count:  5,241

I guess we arent a sleeper if they talk about us on the show.

Anyways, Rece Davis and that other guy clearly have no idea or info on USF.

If I had a webcam, Id definitley get a video on that show.

• Content Count:  12,293

any mention on ESPN right now should be considered a plus.

• Content Count:  131

Tranghese signing the deal with espn was huge for the big east. They cover the big east and USF football disproportionally versus other conferences and teams because they want their ratings for our games to be higher. Even though they only mention us, it is good coverage considering we were a middle of the pack team in a recovering conference last year. Also think about what they have said:

We have a better shot at winning the conference over Georgia tech and ucla. (both are expected to be very good this year)

Joe Schad said we are his Wake Forest/Rutgers of this year

Griese says we have a shot at making it to a bcs bowl

mike ford could be big east rookie of the year.

They always bring up matt grothe being a good QB

We should be really happy with the coverage. I get the feeling the producers of the show try to put us in there but mark may and bob griese don’t know much about us so chris fowler has to cover their butts.

Tranghese signing the deal with espn was huge for the big east. They cover the big east and USF football disproportionally versus other conferences and teams because they want their ratings for our games to be higher. Even though they only mention us, it is good coverage considering we were a middle of the pack team in a recovering conference last year. Also think about what they have said:

We have a better shot at winning the conference over Georgia tech and ucla. (both are expected to be very good this year)

Joe Schad said we are his Wake Forest/Rutgers of this year

Griese says we have a shot at making it to a bcs bowl

mike ford could be big east rookie of the year.

They always bring up matt grothe being a good QB

We should be really happy with the coverage. I get the feeling the producers of the show try to put us in there but mark may and bob griese don’t know much about us so chris fowler has to cover their butts.

I agree that having USF mentioned is outstanding... (and it's Rece Davis not Chris Fowler)...

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Any mention is good, as far as I am concerned.

Archived