Georgia running back commits to Bulls

NAM37

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

We need to follow this kids senior year and hope that his star rises in rival.  I would love for him to be a 4 star recruit.

• Content Count:  1,779
  • Days Won:  0

I get the feeling this kid will play linebacker at the next level.  He has the size and speed to do so.

• Content Count:  1,457

Getting RB commits is good, because when Ford gets 2,000 yards this season and leaves early, we'll need more bodies for 2008  ;D

You're correct about that, Ford will do every bit of the Job this year - he is a fantastic runner and great finisher.  He punnishes the opponent!

• Content Count:  4,016

I get the feeling this kid will play linebacker at the next level.  He has the size and speed to do so.

You should really see his video clips before making that determination.  Although highlights he showed very nimble feet, a nice drop step, and cutback, and was very physical.  Not a burner, but very quick and ran through the hole like he was running downhill.  Typically initiated contact when tackled and often knocked back the first tackler.  All really good stuff from a RB particularly one of his size.  He also plays at Buford, a school that produces some great RB talent, most recently Darius Walker.  Last year he was the primary runner scooping up 1100 yards but also split time with another RB which cut into his numbers.  But he still returned a few kicks for TD's too.

• Content Count:  132

Thats now 2 (that I know of)  players that UCF offered that verbaled to us.   So how are those new facilities doing? 

Umm, hate to break it to you guys, but UCF got a verbal from Brandon Davis on July 7th.  He is a 3 star RB that turned down:

Maryland

Ole Miss

UNC

Northwestern

Purdue

South Carolina

SOUTH FLORIDA

Vanderbilt

Virginia Tech

I would say that the UCF offer to your RB was off the table after Davis committed to UCF.  As for Hawkins congrats, TE is not exactly a huge need for UCF, however, I believe we will be just fine. 

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Bien, I was thinking the same thing.  Same school as Darius Walker.  Not flashy, but solid.  He only played three years at ND and had roughly 3000 yards rushing.  I think we'd take that output in a heartbeat.

Thats now 2 (that I know of)  players that UCF offered that verbaled to us.   So how are those new facilities doing? 

Umm, hate to break it to you guys, but UCF got a verbal from Brandon Davis on July 7th.  He is a 3 star RB that turned down:

Maryland

Ole Miss

UNC

Northwestern

Purdue

South Carolina

SOUTH FLORIDA

Vanderbilt

Virginia Tech

I would say that the UCF offer to your RB was off the table after Davis committed to UCF.  As for Hawkins congrats, TE is not exactly a huge need for UCF, however, I believe we will be just fine. 

Best RB UCF has a verbal from since Ron Williams, hopefully he doesn't end up like Ron....I say that even about Kevin Smith who I think is more of an exceptional athlete playing RB.  I actually believe we each got a RB that fits our styles efficiently, Davis is that elusive smaller scatback type which you need, and Murray gives us the bigger back we're looking for (we've got two guys like Davis now with 4 years of eligibility in Plancher and Samuels- not to mention Tyson Butler too).

• Content Count:  132

Bien, no disrespect here, but comparing Samuals to Davis is foolish.  Davis had offers from many large BCS schools, Samulals had USF, that is it.  One was ranked a 5.6 on rivals, one was ranked 4.9.  The same can be said for Plancher.  I think USF is fine at RB with Ford and next year with Taylor, but lets not try to compare Davis against the kids you have just because UCF landed a good one.

• Content Count:  563

For tht argument to work you must have complete faith in the recruiting rankings....which I dont.

Bien, no disrespect here, but comparing Samuals to Davis is foolish.  Davis had offers from many large BCS schools, Samulals had USF, that is it.  One was ranked a 5.6 on rivals, one was ranked 4.9.  The same can be said for Plancher.  I think USF is fine at RB with Ford and next year with Taylor, but lets not try to compare Davis against the kids you have just because UCF landed a good one.

Well, 'no disrespect' of course, but Aston Samuels had offers from Ohio State, WVU, Auburn, Gtech, and Maryland to name a few.  He was the starting RB at Belle Glades Central HS that went to the state Finals- kinda who's who of players that have manned that position before him.  He went to USF for a few reasons, first his brother Jamaal Jenkins walked on and was awarded a scholarship the year prior, second we have 4 of his teammates on the team, third his mom wanted them both at the same school because they didn't have the resources to split time....I believe even UCF tried to get him too.

ToeJam, if you want to play the ranking game...then Davis is a nice pick-up, and by rivals standards you can believe what you want.  I tend to stick to more realistic ratings when it comes to determining a regional talent...who offered him, local accolades and what they've achieved.   Taking those factors into account certainly doesn't discount Davis' ability but definitely elevates Samuels.

Davis was not a big loss for USF because we have a lot of scatbacks.  We've got Aston Samuels, Moise Plancher, and Tyson Butler (who was about the same rating if you want to quantify those things, rushed for over 2100 yards in 5A SW FL).   Not to mention USF is starting to veer it's recruiting more toward slightly bigger backs and want to stop pile those guys like Ford, or Jamar Taylor.  BTW, how about seeing what transpires with Davis before comparing HIM to a college back that is expected to start for a BCS program- Samuels.

Archived