Brett Huebner Named USF Associate Athletics Director/CFO

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

Courtesy USF

Brett Huebner Named USF Associate Athletics Director/CFO

TAMPA, Fla. (Aug. 2, 2007) – University of South Florida Director of Athletics Doug Woolard announced Thursday that Brett Huebner has been elevated to the position of associate athletics director/chief financial officer.

Huebner, who is replacing current Delaware State Athletic Director Rick Costello, has worked at USF since March 2005 as the assistant athletics director for business operations and human resources.

During his tenure as a Bull, Huebner assisted in the administrative planning, directing and financial management of the athletics $29 million budget, the most in school history. He oversaw the day-to-day business operations, including travel and payroll, and prepared the department’s financial forecasting and internal reporting.

In addition to managing the business office, Huebner also oversaw the financial management of Sun Dome, Inc. His duties included developing and managing the operating budget, assisting in bringing in the outside management services for the USF Golf Course, while coordinating the year-end financial audit.

“I am really excited about my new position with USF and I have to thank Doug Woolard for giving me this opportunity,” Huebner said. “It’s an exciting time at USF and I look forward to contributing to its future success and growth both in athletics and the University.”

Huebner earned his bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and received an MBA from Florida Atlantic University. He has previous experience as an audit associate with Deloitte & Touche, LLP, and worked as the assistant director for business operations for the University of Miami. He is also a CPA.

Archived