Doing the math of opening upper deck for WVU ... ?

E.T.

KL, I'm not sure you are right.  I just went to TM and was able to pull up lower bowl sideline tickets to ELON and WVU.  I think the only rule for individual tickets is nothing between the 20's unless it is a large group, which they handle differently.  That has always been the policy even after the season starts and it is likely season ticket sales are done. 

Maybe Eric or somone can clarify, but it looks like the lower bowl is for sale. 

You're probably right...

I can see USF doing what ET did...

"Hmm... we have 17/18/19 thousand season tickets... another 10/11/12 thousand student seats... 4000 requested by WVU so far... and we're selling tickets like crazy almost two months before the game.  Therefore, demand is high... and if we open the upper deck, it could spur more people to buy tickets..."

It's necessary to meet demand and by doing so it will create more demand.  Brilliant.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

Would this mean that season ticket sales are going great?

Are many being held for a potentially big rush of season ticket sales in August, as we have in the past?

Are the 3 donor levels that are being held for season tickets ? or all 5 areas?

Just curious as why the upper deck is opened after 2,000 WVU seats were sold.

Easy answer...because USF is trying to sell LOWER BOWL seats as season tix...since there probably isn't a need know for upper bowl season tix at this time...hence the jump start on selling upper bowl game tix.

If USF opened up all the unsold lower bowl seats for individual game tix to the WVU Game...those seats would then have to be taken out of the available season tix inventory.

Somewhat similar to what UCF is doing...as UCF is now selling individual tix to the remaining 5 home games AFTER the Texas Game...but only in the "extra" section that Texas received per their contract.

The other (mostly endzone) seats are still available for season tix and are not part of this single game tix inventory at this time.

Smart move by USF...as USF has basically an unlimited number of available seats for the WVU Game (up to 65,000), so why not start selling individual tix in those upper bowl areas...which won't be sold (this year) as season tix.

KL, I'm not sure you are right.  I just went to TM and was able to pull up lower bowl sideline tickets to ELON and WVU.  I think the only rule for individual tickets is nothing between the 20's unless it is a large group, which they handle differently.  That has always been the policy even after the season starts and it is likely season ticket sales are done. 

Maybe Eric or somone can clarify, but it looks like the lower bowl is for sale. 

KB wins a prize for being correct.  Although season tickets are up significantly (and don't ask me for specific numbers) we also sell group tickets in donor sections and we have some very large ones.  Individual game tickets can only be sold outside the 20's.  The various packages we have available this year have really helped sell out some of the non-donor season ticket sections.  All this adds up to 3rd level for WVU.  Go Bulls!

Eric

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I wish the groups buying tickets in the donor sections were only USF fans.  Tired of sitting around the other team's fans in those seats.

I wish the groups buying tickets in the donor sections were only USF fans.  Tired of sitting around the other team's fans in those seats.

That's why we need to get more USF fans to buy season tickets!! :-P

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

ExACTly.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Where is the "visitor" section ?

I believe the "Visitor" section may stretch from 126-132 depending on how many tickets they sell. Our season tickets are in 125 and last year for the Syracuse and Rutgers games there were a number of visiting fans in 126 and 127.

Not sure if they are part of the designated "visitors" section or if those fans buy individually in those sections knowing that they are in the area of the designated "visitors" section.

• Content Count:  1,981

Not only is the Upper Deck going to be open but now some luxury suites that are usually empty for our games are going to be packed. One of my friends was trying to get the always empty Suite that his company has at RJ and he was told that one of the execs is already reserving it for the WVU game. Bad news for me but great for USF!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Can he get it for another game? 

I've never been in a luxury box before....+hint hint+

Archived