Doing the math of opening upper deck for WVU ... ?

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Would this mean that season ticket sales are going great?

Are many being held for a potentially big rush of season ticket sales in August, as we have in the past?

Are the 3 donor levels that are being held for season tickets ? or all 5 areas?

Just curious as why the upper deck is opened after 2,000 WVU seats were sold.

Are we closer to 20K season tix ?

We seem to average 10K walk-ups and this season should be more.

Hopefully students will STAMPEDE 10K themselves.

JTPJSZCHLCEWWHL.20070427181958.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Is it me, or is the student section alot bigger than in years past?  Also the family package is Section 227, so I think alot of it has to do with sections being held for season ticket sales prior to the season.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Is it me, or is the student section alot bigger than in years past?  Also the family package is Section 227, so I think alot of it has to do with sections being held for season ticket sales prior to the season.

nope, still the same as it has been. Just never seems like it's all used. Usually 139-151 fill up first, then the northeast corner, and rearely the northwest corner. However, I'm calling it right now, for sure with the UCF game, and maybe the WVU and Louisville, students will be rushing in to get seats when the stadium opens. No more going in 20-30 minutes before kickoff.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Where is the "visitor" section ?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I can vouch for the 2005 UCF game @ RayJay.  We got in the stadium 20 minutes before kickoff (I would've killed my friend for being so late and taking MLK instead of going down Dale Mabry...), and we had to sit in the NW corner.  It sucked.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Where is the "visitor" section ?

I think it's 132 and 131, then I think they used to sell 232 for an overflow, but that is probably filled now with the helmet package deal.

Looks like a segment of the upper deck will be WVU fans...

According to Greg Auman...

"The excitment isn't just on USF's end, either: opponents are typically allotted 3,000 tickets to sell to their fans, but West Virginia has already requested 4,000, with nearly two months until kickoff."

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Are many being held for a potentially big rush of season ticket sales in August, as we have in the past?

Easy answer...because USF is trying to sell LOWER BOWL seats as season tix...since there probably isn't a need know for upper bowl season tix at this time...hence the jump start on selling upper bowl game tix.

If USF opened up all the unsold lower bowl seats for individual game tix to the WVU Game...those seats would then have to be taken out of the available season tix inventory.

Somewhat similar to what UCF is doing...as UCF is now selling individual tix to the remaining 5 home games AFTER the Texas Game...but only in the "extra" section that Texas received per their contract.

The other (mostly endzone) seats are still available for season tix and are not part of this single game tix inventory at this time.

Smart move by USF...as USF has basically an unlimited number of available seats for the WVU Game (up to 65,000), so why not start selling individual tix in those upper bowl areas...which won't be sold (this year) as season tix.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Looks like a segment of the upper deck will be WVU fans...

According to Greg Auman...

"The excitment isn't just on USF's end, either: opponents are typically allotted 3,000 tickets to sell to their fans, but West Virginia has already requested 4,000, with nearly two months until kickoff."

I read that only the east side upper deck is open at this time.

• Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

Easy answer...because USF is trying to sell LOWER BOWL seats as season tix...since there probably isn't a need know for upper bowl season tix at this time...hence the jump start on selling upper bowl game tix.

If USF opened up all the unsold lower bowl seats for individual game tix to the WVU Game...those seats would then have to be taken out of the available season tix inventory.

Somewhat similar to what UCF is doing...as UCF is now selling individual tix to the remaining 5 home games AFTER the Texas Game...but only in the "extra" section that Texas received per their contract.

The other (mostly endzone) seats are still available for season tix and are not part of this single game tix inventory at this time.

Smart move by USF...as USF has basically an unlimited number of available seats for the WVU Game (up to 65,000), so why not start selling individual tix in those upper bowl areas...which won't be sold (this year) as season tix.

KL, I'm not sure you are right.  I just went to TM and was able to pull up lower bowl sideline tickets to ELON and WVU.  I think the only rule for individual tickets is nothing between the 20's unless it is a large group, which they handle differently.  That has always been the policy even after the season starts and it is likely season ticket sales are done. 

Maybe Eric or somone can clarify, but it looks like the lower bowl is for sale. 

Archived