Upper deck already open for WVU per Bretts Blog

ChiTownBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Funny in yrs past people complained about friday night games competing with HS ball

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I am so glad that I got my season tix when I did, I don't have to worry about where I'm sitting or parking. I AM PSYCHED.

I 100% agree with you.  I just got mine this season as well.

• Content Count:  75

I am sure UCF will be close to the 2nd highest attended game, because USF will be rocking and UCF is so close for fans to travel and they will be excited for the possibility to upset a ranked USF team.

And regarding WVU ... plan on close to 10K walk-ups.

I agree. I think UCF will be are second highest attended game this year, unless we are undefeated and heading down the path of winning the Big East when Louisville comes to town.  This town is full of band wagoners that will show up if we are winning.  I'll take crowd either way, but you never really know the joy of success until you've been through the pain of a Pat Julmiste led offense :)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Greg said WVU asked for more tickets they might rival UCF for number of fans. I am trying to imagine 7,000 Mountain hicks parking their 1960 Airstreams outside RJS? :-)

You can start...................now.

1960 AIRSTREAM PACER

60_pacer_curb_frt__ezr.jpg

Don't worry about UCF tickets. Remember Tampa and Orlando tend to have a good number of walk-ups, plus the large number of students that will be traveling (some students don't know how to plan more than 4 days ahead).

Correct....as even last year USF had to return over 3,000 UNSOLD tix back to UCF (out of their 5,000 tix allotment), but many USF folks (mostly students) did come out in droves on game day.

• Content Count:  2,495

Greg said WVU asked for more tickets they might rival UCF for number of fans. I am trying to imagine 7,000 Mountain hicks parking their 1960 Airstreams outside RJS? :-)

According to the blog, WVU has asked for 4,000 tix.

Early math says...

~20K season tickets

~ 7K WVU fans

~10K students/faculty

-----------------------------------

~37K fans for this game and the game is still 2 months out.....not bad.

Have we ever had close to 10K students for a game?  I remember Greg/Brett posting some student attendance numbers a while back and they were much lower than I thought they would be. 

• Content Count:  9,038

As long as Charlie Aguirre and his frat boys don't buy all of the tickets, we'll be fine.

• Content Count:  5,241

The only thing I  dont want is a butt load of West Virginia fans taking up usf room. They travel incredibly well to games and they want to win bad this year.

According to the blog, WVU has asked for 4,000 tix.

Early math says...

~20K season tickets

~ 7K WVU fans

~10K students/faculty

-----------------------------------

~37K fans for this game and the game is still 2 months out.....not bad.

Have we ever had close to 10K students for a game?  I remember Greg/Brett posting some student attendance numbers a while back and they were much lower than I thought they would be.  

Brett had a blog note after last season on USF Student attendance through the years:

See link/article for USF Student Attendance from 1997-2006.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/where-are-the-students/

One thing to remember...is that those students that attend football games at USF, UCF, etc...are still in the minority overall compared to the large student population (many of which are older, in grad school...have other allegiances, have families, go to school part-time, work, etc...)

• Content Count:  1,803

umm...if I can remember correctly, USF had to ask for a second ticket allotment from UCF last season. I was in line an hour early to get the original allotment and they told me that they had run out and I had to wait for the petition for a second allotment.

Archived