• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  0

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=694956

You must scroll down......

MATTGROTHE250_0627.JPG

A word from the Big East

How come you never seem to focus on the Big East? I know you are one of the bashers, but don't act like we don't exist. Anyway, I was wondering if you would rank the top running backs in the nation.

Also, as a USF student/fan, I know that Matt Grothe is a top-flight quarterback. How do you compare him to fellow sophomores Colt McCoy, Matt Stafford and Tim Tebow?

 Dave in South Florida

-----

You must not read this feature often, Dave. I've been an advocate of the Big East, and I've got the hate mail from SEC fans to prove it.

Associated Press

Matt Grothe is a good quarterback but falls short of best in the nation right now.

Anyway, my list of the nation's top five running backs are: 1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas; 2. Steve Slaton, West Virginia; 3. Ray Rice, Rutgers; 4. Mike Hart, Michigan; 5. Ian Johnson, Boise State. Does that prove my respect for the Big East?

As for quarterback comparisons … I'm apprehensive because I have very high opinions of Grothe, Tebow, Stafford and McCoy and personal preferences can be misconstrued as criticism.

However, we're here to serve, so since you asked:

• Grothe is very good runner, but I think Tebow is better.

• Grothe is also a good passer, but McCoy is more accurate.

• Grothe has a bright future, though I think Stafford has more potential and upside.

• Grothe certainly is a better bartender than any of them, though.

• Content Count:  701

just win baby!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You must not read this feature often, Dave. I've been an advocate of the Big East, and I've got the hate mail from SEC fans to prove it.

Associated Press

Matt Grothe is a good quarterback but falls short of best in the nation right now.

Anyway, my list of the nation's top five running backs are: 1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas; 2. Steve Slaton, West Virginia; 3. Ray Rice, Rutgers; 4. Mike Hart, Michigan; 5. Ian Johnson, Boise State. Does that prove my respect for the Big East?

As for quarterback comparisons … I'm apprehensive because I have very high opinions of Grothe, Tebow, Stafford and McCoy and personal preferences can be misconstrued as criticism.

However, we're here to serve, so since you asked:

(a) Grothe is very good runner, but I think Tebow is better.       

(b ) Grothe certainly is a better bartender than any of them, though.

That's the operative word "think".  Grothe has a track record as a starting QB.  Let's see what happens when Tebow actually has to lead his team. 

Grothe certainly is a better bartender than any of them, though.  This a$$ doesn't support the Big East as he alleges.  However, he does know how to use the put down.

Love to see him eat his words by the end of the season.

• Content Count:  1,433

From high school through this point in college, one thing is clear about Matt Grothe.  He knows how to win a football game....just whatever it takes.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It may be possible, that taken separately, each of those other guys has an aspect better than Matt's, but this guy makes the case that as a complete package Matt is better than they are.  He's a complete player and he has the intangible quality of leadership.

No need for a cheap shot about the bartending. 

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ah. The cheapshot was funny, if you cannot laugh at yourself...

Anyways, I wish everyone on this board and in Bull Nation would quit worrying about Grothe compared to _________. (Especially Tebow)

Of course guys like Tebow and McCoy are gonna get more love, they are the QBs for 2 of the top programs in the country.  Further, we have three years to decide this on the field. And if either turns out to be better in the long run, and Grothe still has a great career at USF...who cares?

2007 Football Motto: Get rid of the inferiority complex and enjoy what we have...

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Tim Tebow can shuck my corn hair.

• Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

I think the bartending shot was funny.  Hey what does not kill you only makes you stronger.  I can guarantee when Grothe steps up to the line to take a snap people are going to be order drinks from him to screw with his mind.  I would.

• Content Count:  1,779

Even though it sucked, the bartending line was funny.

No worries Grothe will do just fine.  Next time you have a question about how a USF Football player compares to another in the country take a moment and ask yourself, "What would Jim Leavitt Say?"

• Content Count:  1,254

I don't think being a glorified fullback makes him a better runner than Grothe. I can't wait until the SEC defenses are putting Tebow on his rear end. This year will be an awakening for him.

Archived