• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

usf should beat this team 70-0

But we won't.  There are more important objectives than totally destroying a weaker opponent.  We've never been about that so I am sure you'll see a lot of players on the field and very few plays.  If it turns out 70-0 so be it.  But solely trying to "make a statement "against Elon would be stupid and out of the ordinary for this program.

Why do we play a Div. 1AA team in the first place?  It isn't to "beat the crap" out of the opponent.

To my way of thinking, it is to see what we have to work with during a real game, especially with our newer players.  What the kids do in high school and what they are going to do at the college level are two different things.  Also, our players are not playing against each other as they do during training and scrimmages.  It is their first opportunity during the season to play against other programs and coaching schemes. 

I am sure a lot of people would prefer that we play no 1AA teams at all, the formula which USF has been using thus far, which has worked.  If it isn't broke, why fix it?

Trust the coaching staff.  They've done right by USF all these years!

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

Cheerleaders look hawt...

Average at best

Hopefully they make the trip. Section 125 will make them feel right at home.......just ask the representatives from FIU, Rutgers, UConn, Syracuse and Pitt.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol nice

• Content Count:  41

The switch wass made when we moved to division 1 and yes your right on the fact that since we lost our christian heritage we droped the mascot.

As for our kicker and punter being named all socon, yes its a shame to give them the oppertunity to put up those good numbers but when we are in that situation im glad to have them.  Hopefully this year they wont have to see the field as much as in the past

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The switch wass made when we moved to division 1 and yes your right on the fact that since we lost our christian heritage we droped the mascot.

As for our kicker and punter being named all socon, yes its a shame to give them the oppertunity to put up those good numbers but when we are in that situation im glad to have them.  Hopefully this year they wont have to see the field as much as in the past

Welcome... Hope you are able to make the trip to Tampa.

• Content Count:  1,254

Cheerleaders look hawt...

Average at best

I agree....ehh. Nothing impressive and a little too pale for my tastes.

• Content Count:  1,457

Elon does not get my "feathers" ruffled.  They are a decent junior league team and will be so for many years.  Nice of the Bulls to put them up for the night in Tampa and give em a hot meal.  They should bring some tanning lotion and hit the beach after a nice evening (where they are destroyed) at Ray Jay!  Enjoy the trip down b/c the ride back will be quiet!

• Content Count:  2,363

Maybe I can stow away on the team bus on their way down to Tampa. ;-)

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

usf should beat this team 70-0

But we won't.  There are more important objectives than totally destroying a weaker opponent.  We've never been about that so I am sure you'll see a lot of players on the field and very few plays.  If it turns out 70-0 so be it.  But solely trying to "make a statement "against Elon would be stupid and out of the ordinary for this program.

Why do we play a Div. 1AA team in the first place?  It isn't to "beat the crap" out of the opponent.

To my way of thinking, it is to see what we have to work with during a real game, especially with our newer players.  What the kids do in high school and what they are going to do at the college level are two different things.   Also, our players are not playing against each other as they do during training and scrimmages.  It is their first opportunity during the season to play against other programs and coaching schemes. 

I am sure a lot of people would prefer that we play no 1AA teams at all, the formula which USF has been using thus far, which has worked.  If it isn't broke, why fix it?

Trust the coaching staff.  They've done right by USF all these years!

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

Good post, Mama.  Agree 100%.

Archived