laughable that usa today put wv player slaton

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

on cover

these guys  are overrated and havent won a meaningful game out of conference  against a top opponent  in years

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

on cover

these guys  are overrated and havent won a meaningful game out of conference  against a top opponent  in years

I agree. Slaton is overrated as well. The guy can't find a hole or break a tackle to save his life. If he wasn't so **** fast or had that good line then he wouldn't be talked about.

• Content Count:  57

yeah georgia sure kicked WVU's ass in the sugar bowl 2 years ago proving that be new big east had no business in a bcs game.

• Content Count:  193

on cover

these guys  are overrated and havent won a meaningful game out of conference   against a top opponent  in years

I agree. Slaton is overrated as well. The guy can't find a hole or break a tackle to save his life. If he wasn't so **** fast or had that good line then he wouldn't be talked about.

Congratulations on the worst post of the year...Slaton ran for over 1700 yards and is a heisman contender. Also, he beat out Gwaltney(5 Star RB) as a freshman to gain the starting job.

• Content Count:  2,118

WVU did beat Georgia, that's about it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

on cover

these guys  are overrated and havent won a meaningful game out of conference   against a top opponent  in years

Wrong board.

;)

• Content Count:  1,254

on cover

Congratulations on the worst post of the year...Slaton ran for over 1700 yards and is a heisman contender. Also, he beat out Gwaltney(5 Star RB) as a freshman to gain the starting job.

Kind of what happens when you face no respectable defenses. Not to mention watch how he gains those yards...2, 4, 1, -5, 75, 0, 3...

• Content Count:  131

that backfield is great. white was going to play safety at LSU before deciding to be QB at WV. Slaton fits the system perfect. He must be pretty good if everyone that knows about college football rates him as one of the best backs in the nation. With devine on that team this year it is going to be very hard for anyone to stop them

Guest JulmisteForPrez

on cover

Are you kidding me?

You obviously only watched him against USF.  I had the chance to watch him play several other games last season, and yeah, he sure enough can find holes, make holes, and break tackles.

You don't run for that kind of yardage by running sweeps around every defense every play.  This isn't Tecmo Bowl, for crying out loud.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Overrated? Not sure thats a good word. He's got a lot of speed and is very elusive. Great college back.

Will he be a good pro? Maybe. I don't know if he has the bulk or ability to run at the line 15-20 times a game.

As for WVU. Overrated? Ya, a little. Their defense sucks. However, their offense might be the BEST in the country. I'd like to see them beat someone too, the UGA win was great, but the Boise State win this year kinda killed the "WVU/Big East blongs" argument from that game.

I still think that WVU will run the table in the BE and their season will come down to whether they beat Maryland or not.

Archived