Pitt ticket sales in bad shape: USF is best home game

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07208/804869-194.stm

With a home schedule that does not have anything approaching an attractive opponent, Pitt is using a marketing strategy often employed by supermarkets: Buy one, get one free. Except in Pitt's case it's buy one, get one almost free.

Season tickets for the seven-game home schedule to be played at Heinz Field are going for as low as $120, but that's not the tenth of it. Anyone purchasing such a plan, which comes to $17.14 game, can buy a second season-ticket package for $10, which comes to $1.43 a ticket.

That's desperation.

WOW!!!

I remember Pitt's glory days of the 70's and early 80's.

My how far the mighty have fallen....$1.43 tickets for a BCS program?

Still would not stop them from throwing another major beat down on UCiF; no run along before you get hurt.

Yeah, this is almost too easy... Even as far as they have fallen from the glory days, they still dominated you 52-7.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,094

Funny, Smizik is one of those writers whining a few years ago about the Big East invite of USF (even though USF was 1-0 against Pitt at the time).

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

I'm actually hoping to go this game. My parents have a vacation home about less than an hour away in Wheeling, WV. Pitt is a great city to visit and the stadium is amazing. Anyone else thinking about going?

• Content Count:  19,634
  • Days Won:  255

Most of my family lives in Pittsburgh, so I will probably be going for the game and Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm actually hoping to go this game. My parents have a vacation home about less than an hour away in Wheeling, WV. Pitt is a great city to visit and the stadium is amazing. Anyone else thinking about going?

• Content Count:  10,874

If you're going to the game, I HIGHLY recommend doing the Alumni Tailgate.  The past couple times, they've done it at the Outback that is in the Pirates stadium around the ccorner from Heinz Field.  All you can drink from the bar.  Seriously.  Two seasons ago, a table of five of us kept our server running back and forth getting us Jager Bombs.  I barely remember walking to the football game...

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

If you're going to the game, I HIGHLY recommend doing the Alumni Tailgate.  The past couple times, they've done it at the Outback that is in the Pirates stadium around the ccorner from Heinz Field.  All you can drink from the bar.  Seriously.  Two seasons ago, a table of five of us kept our server running back and forth getting us Jager Bombs.  I barely remember walking to the football game...

Ugh... Jager Bombs.

I did 8 Jager Bombs in 25 minutes when I was in Vancouver last April.

Will never touch one again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

I anticipate that we'll see a rebalancing of the BE scheduling at some point in the near future.  I think a lot of teams would like to see their home/away rotation updated, including USF.  I think we'd prefer to split WVU and L'ville.

And as you can see by the future schedules:

http://www.southfloridabulls.com/Sports/Football/Bulls%20Football%20Future%20Schedules.htm

2009 may be that year.

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

I'm still a student, but I'm assuming I can still do the alumni thing right? Send me a PM about the details.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

eeek, I wouldn't even buy pit home game tickets (Actually I will probibly go to the USF game), but that is a terrible schedule!

I dont think I'd pay $1.43 to see most of those games.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I would...football is football.

Archived