• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

Welcome to the board Al.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

I think it speaks well of our conference that 3 of the teams he talks about are from the Big East. However, I always feel like Pitt is one of those teams that will always be talked about because of their name coach and a memorable past. I would liken them to Clemson in the ACC. They have some great recruits...but I doubt they have the coach to lead them to do much better than status quo.

It's interesting that the writer also doubts USF's ability to compete for the top recruits in our own state...but at the same time he gives Rutgers props for their Florida pipeline, which isn't elite level by any means. While I think we will eventually need to bring in those five-star recruits, but one could argue that a team fulll of three-star florida recruits provides the type of depth that is significantly better than most states. It's a different game down here altogether...

• Content Count:  1,981

Has there been any program in D-1 football that has accomplished as much as USF has in their first 10 seasons?

Boise if you don't count their years in D-II.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Not in the last 50 years.   U Conn probably closest.

UConn hasn't had a signature win yet.  Check the stats on this.  They haven't beaten anybody of value the past few years.  Yeah they beat us, but we weren't ranked or anything.  We've had two signature wins in the last two years not counting the bowl game.

Advantage - USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

And what's even more impressive is that we were 1AA half of those 10 years.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

I think that's a fair assessment given our limited history in D-1A. It's hard to crack the top 50 just yet without more major wins, a conference title, or major bowl berth. Hopefully all will come this year.

very true

• Content Count:  1,457

As a matter of interest the Bulls have accomplished more in their 1st 10 years than most programs.  I bullieve we are top 5 all time in win percentage for a first 10 year statistic.

As for 58 - and in comparison to the 58th place ranking - more proof that no respect is apparent.

Archived