FootBull season tickets selling above last years totals

TyBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Was watching a replay of a FSU game recently and they were advertising during the game about tix available for the remaining games.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

I dont understand some of you guys."were not growing fast enough"???? :-\10 yrs ago did you think we would have been in a BCS conf???Its silly some of think were not growing fast enough.....I think we grew TOO FAST but thanks to CJL we were able to keep up!!!!How many losing seasons have we had?Look at our 1st game!!!!before we even finished a season we had already blew by teams tht had been around for years!!!!

**** you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good points.  If you would have asked me 10 years ago, 'would USF be in a BCS conference', I don't know how I would have answered it.  There were so many things that we had to put up with going from 1AA to 1A, and alot of it was out of USF's hands.  So, I think its amazing to be where we're at right now.  Do I want more?  Hell yes.  But its been quite a ride so far. 

Our goal for 2007 should be winning the Big East Conference and it starts with the West Virginia game.  If we beat Auburn great, but that WVU game means so much more its not even funny.  I think if we win that game, we're a legitimate BCS team and could play in our first BCS game.  The schedule after WVU is manageable.  We get Rutgers on the road in the middle of the season, and then UL at home late in the year.  Get by WVU and you can see a clear path to a BCS game.  Will we get there?  Hard to say, but step one is beating a tough WVU team.

Let's see what we've got vs. Elon first though. 

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I dont understand some of you guys."were not growing fast enough"???? :-\10 yrs ago did you think we would have been in a BCS conf???Its silly some of think were not growing fast enough.....I think we grew TOO FAST but thanks to CJL we were able to keep up!!!!How many losing seasons have we had?Look at our 1st game!!!!before we even finished a season we had already blew by teams tht had been around for years!!!!

**** you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're not talking about the team, we're talking about attendance at the games.  What you wrote is all the more reason that the seats should be filled, but as you can tell when you go to a game, that isn't the case.

scott

• Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be happy when we have big crowds to see their BULLS, not just a team were playing.

I agree with you E.T.

The only problem that I noticed since I moved to Tampa (and I must say I love it here) is...well...a lot of fans here aren't that loyal.  You tend to see a lot of bandwagon fans here.  Heck, I remember when the Bucs played Green Bay and you would see a sea of green and yellow (I prefer green and gold  ;)).  Same thing with the Lightning and Devil Rays (I know the D-Rays are a work in progess).  Whenever I would go up and ask one of those fans why they are cheering for the other team rather than the home team.  The response was always the same: Well I use to live there...um...like 20yrs ago or My aunts uncles cousin is from there.  :Bang Makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs.  Let me spell it out for those people YOU LIVE IN TAMPA SO SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

Sorry guys and girls just had to get that off my chest.

I support the home team UNTIL my team comes to play. I'm not going to root for the rays when the M's are here, nor for the Bucs when the Hawks are scoring TDs.

Tampa is a land of transplants and it's rare to meet someone who is actually from here. I don't know why that is...

Somethings just aren't going to change. If I move back to WA, I'll probably go to a few Huskey games but if the BULLS are in town, you better believe that I'll be decked out in green and gold.

Asking for people to change who they are loyal to is pointless in sports. We are all told at a very young age to pick a team and cheer for them no matter what. It's hard for me to watch any game without picking a side. Last night I was watching soccer - Toronto (MLS) vs. Aston Villa (English premier) and found myself cheering for Toronto, simply because they are from this continent.

The trick is earning the young fans. As I was walking through the bookstore yesterday, I saw a kid (about 12) with his mom wearing a bulls hat. That's were it starts. Good luck trying to convert the fans that are already loyal to another team, that's just not going to happen.

Very typical of Pro sports fans; the key word was while the Hawks are scoring touchdowns. I witnessed first hand the Bucs go to selling out with wins and saw the opposing fans switch teams as soon as the Bucs started playing better.

To me college sports are different; it is an institution that one belongs to and is a part of. Pro sports are a business that sets up in a town and sometimes moves. The Mariners almost moved to Tampa. What would you have done Seabull? I attended the University of South Florida and that will never change, no matter where I come from or go. It is simple either you support your school or you do not. USF has enough Alumni in the area to sell plenty of tickets.

I find it odd that someone would root for the Gators and then go to USF and still root for a school that would not let them in.

• Content Count:  518

I'll be happy when we have big crowds to see their BULLS, not just a team were playing.

I find it odd that someone would root for the Gators and then go to USF and still root for a school that would not let them in.

Won't let them in? Are you saying an education at USF is inferior?  Bullcrap!

• Content Count:  928

I agree with you E.T.

The only problem that I noticed since I moved to Tampa (and I must say I love it here) is...well...a lot of fans here aren't that loyal.  You tend to see a lot of bandwagon fans here.  Heck, I remember when the Bucs played Green Bay and you would see a sea of green and yellow (I prefer green and gold  ;)).  Same thing with the Lightning and Devil Rays (I know the D-Rays are a work in progess).  Whenever I would go up and ask one of those fans why they are cheering for the other team rather than the home team.  The response was always the same: Well I use to live there...um...like 20yrs ago or My aunts uncles cousin is from there.  :Bang Makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs.  Let me spell it out for those people YOU LIVE IN TAMPA SO SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

Sorry guys and girls just had to get that off my chest.

I support the home team UNTIL my team comes to play. I'm not going to root for the rays when the M's are here, nor for the Bucs when the Hawks are scoring TDs.

Tampa is a land of transplants and it's rare to meet someone who is actually from here. I don't know why that is...

Somethings just aren't going to change. If I move back to WA, I'll probably go to a few Huskey games but if the BULLS are in town, you better believe that I'll be decked out in green and gold.

Asking for people to change who they are loyal to is pointless in sports. We are all told at a very young age to pick a team and cheer for them no matter what. It's hard for me to watch any game without picking a side. Last night I was watching soccer - Toronto (MLS) vs. Aston Villa (English premier) and found myself cheering for Toronto, simply because they are from this continent.

The trick is earning the young fans. As I was walking through the bookstore yesterday, I saw a kid (about 12) with his mom wearing a bulls hat. That's were it starts. Good luck trying to convert the fans that are already loyal to another team, that's just not going to happen.

Very typical of Pro sports fans; the key word was while the Hawks are scoring touchdowns. I witnessed first hand the Bucs go to selling out with wins and saw the opposing fans switch teams as soon as the Bucs started playing better.

To me college sports are different; it is an institution that one belongs to and is a part of. Pro sports are a business that sets up in a town and sometimes moves. The Mariners almost moved to Tampa. What would you have done Seabull? I attended the University of South Florida and that will never change, no matter where I come from or go. It is simple either you support your school or you do not. USF has enough Alumni in the area to sell plenty of tickets.

Well, seeing how I've only lived in Tampa for about a year, I would root for the M's until Seattle got another team. I have no connection to Tampa, except USF.

USF cannot relocate and will always be my team. I did not attend University of Seahawks or Mariner College. I have nothing vesting in them except sentimental seasons and a common denominator with my friends back home.

If I end up at Grad school at UW, If the Bulls are playing, that's the game I'll be watching - even if the bulls are on TV and UW is playing at home. I'm dedicated to them, I'm invested in the them.

About seeing people wear other schools gear...I agree they shouldn't be worn on campus...even if it's a grad student sporting their undergrad gear.

PS...I meant while the Hawks are scoring TD on the Bucs...I'm pretty loyal to them with or without a winning season, but a winning season helps

• Content Count:  1,981

I find it odd that you assume that anyone that roots for UF at USF couldn't get it in over there. Believe it or not there are people that choose USF over UF, I know I did.

• Content Count:  1,812

I find it odd that you assume that anyone that roots for UF at USF couldn't get it in over there. Believe it or not there are people that choose USF over UF, I know I did.

You guys read a lot into a sentence; I assume that if I was a huge Gator fan my whole life and had the chance to go there I would. Having the chance to go there and instead going to USF and still rooting for UF would be bandwagon to me

I grew up rooting for the Canes and lived in Miami; I chose USF for many reasons and as soon as USF got football I rooted for the team I helped pay for. I own no UM stuff now; I did not go there so would not want to act like I did. Things are a little different when you get older.

My favorite thing to do is ask any UF fans I see "what year did you graduate?" and "how many games have you been to?" Do not take this as a rebuke to the fans of USF who did not go there. Most of the guys I go to games with did not graduate from USF. A couple of guys are ex Gators who left before finishing (academic casualties 2nd year) and love CFB and root for the game in town as that is the logical choice if you want to be a part of live college football.

Do you root for the Gators over the Bulls?

• Content Count:  1,433

10 years ago, I would have thought we would still be 1-AA; national chpshp caliber 1-AA, but still 1-AA.

No other program has moved this quickly and it will never happen again....be very thankful for where we are today.  You want it to go faster....send more money to the Bulls Club so we can focus on more out of state recruits!  Florida is as good of a state as there is, yes, but there are 3-5 star recruits that we cannot legitimately pursue due to tuition differential.    Get off your wallet if you want to see it happen NOW...

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Me too.

Archived