FootBull season tickets selling above last years totals

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be happy when we have big crowds to see their BULLS, not just a team were playing.

I agree with you E.T.

The only problem that I noticed since I moved to Tampa (and I must say I love it here) is...well...a lot of fans here aren't that loyal.  You tend to see a lot of bandwagon fans here.  Heck, I remember when the Bucs played Green Bay and you would see a sea of green and yellow (I prefer green and gold  ;)).  Same thing with the Lightning and Devil Rays (I know the D-Rays are a work in progess).  Whenever I would go up and ask one of those fans why they are cheering for the other team rather than the home team.  The response was always the same: Well I use to live there...um...like 20yrs ago or My aunts uncles cousin is from there.  :Bang Makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs.  Let me spell it out for those people YOU LIVE IN TAMPA SO SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

Sorry guys and girls just had to get that off my chest.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

I'll be happy when we have big crowds to see their BULLS, not just a team were playing.

I agree.  But I believe in this case, with the teams mentioned, curious fans will go to see if we are for real.  Not necessarily to see the opponents.  Now if it were UF or FSU, well the majority would be there to see their claimed school and attempt to quell their own feeling of inferiority.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

I understand curious college football fans wanting to come see our BULLS play a "name" team.

Our fan base is growing, slower than expected and realize that most of the past alums just are not USF Football fans.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  928

I agree with you E.T.

The only problem that I noticed since I moved to Tampa (and I must say I love it here) is...well...a lot of fans here aren't that loyal.  You tend to see a lot of bandwagon fans here.  Heck, I remember when the Bucs played Green Bay and you would see a sea of green and yellow (I prefer green and gold  ;)).  Same thing with the Lightning and Devil Rays (I know the D-Rays are a work in progess).  Whenever I would go up and ask one of those fans why they are cheering for the other team rather than the home team.  The response was always the same: Well I use to live there...um...like 20yrs ago or My aunts uncles cousin is from there.  :Bang Makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs.  Let me spell it out for those people YOU LIVE IN TAMPA SO SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

I support the home team UNTIL my team comes to play. I'm not going to root for the rays when the M's are here, nor for the Bucs when the Hawks are scoring TDs.

Tampa is a land of transplants and it's rare to meet someone who is actually from here. I don't know why that is...

Somethings just aren't going to change. If I move back to WA, I'll probably go to a few Huskey games but if the BULLS are in town, you better believe that I'll be decked out in green and gold.

Asking for people to change who they are loyal to is pointless in sports. We are all told at a very young age to pick a team and cheer for them no matter what. It's hard for me to watch any game without picking a side. Last night I was watching soccer - Toronto (MLS) vs. Aston Villa (English premier) and found myself cheering for Toronto, simply because they are from this continent.

The trick is earning the young fans. As I was walking through the bookstore yesterday, I saw a kid (about 12) with his mom wearing a bulls hat. That's were it starts. Good luck trying to convert the fans that are already loyal to another team, that's just not going to happen.

• Content Count:  928

I understand curious college football fans wanting to come see our BULLS play a "name" team.

Our fan base is growing, slower than expected and realize that most of the past alums just are not USF Football fans.

Go BULLS !!!

You mean, slower than YOU expected.

We have more season ticket holders than the number of years we've been playing. The alumni are somewhat lost causes, lets shift our focuses to the children who are going to buy USF bed spreads.

• Content Count:  518

Go BULLS !!!

Slower than expected?  10 years ago if said we would have what we have I would of laughed my butt off.  Attendance is not going to happen over night no matter how bad we want it to.  Patience. You have to build it and it takes time.  Part of the fun is watching it grow every year. 

• Content Count:  342

I agree with you E.T.

I support the home team UNTIL my team comes to play. I'm not going to root for the rays when the M's are here, nor for the Bucs when the Hawks are scoring TDs.

Tampa is a land of transplants and it's rare to meet someone who is actually from here. I don't know why that is...

Somethings just aren't going to change. If I move back to WA, I'll probably go to a few Huskey games but if the BULLS are in town, you better believe that I'll be decked out in green and gold.

Asking for people to change who they are loyal to is pointless in sports. We are all told at a very young age to pick a team and cheer for them no matter what. It's hard for me to watch any game without picking a side. Last night I was watching soccer - Toronto (MLS) vs. Aston Villa (English premier) and found myself cheering for Toronto, simply because they are from this continent.

The trick is earning the young fans. As I was walking through the bookstore yesterday, I saw a kid (about 12) with his mom wearing a bulls hat. That's were it starts. Good luck trying to convert the fans that are already loyal to another team, that's just not going to happen.

It is one thing if you are from another area move down here and then are planning to move back to that area in the future as you might Seabull.  However, it is a whole another thing to see someone that has been here since they were around 7 and now they are adults cheering for the Red Sox (just an example) because maybe they have a distant relative from Boston.  Yes, they too might have lived there when they were an infant, but they have spent and grown up most of their lives here.  In instances like that, it makes no sense to me.

Look at me I am from Houston and I grew up an Oilers, Astros and Longhorns fan.  However, I moved here back in 1997 and if you were to ask me do i root for those three teams my answer would be yes b/c that is my roots...except for the Titans (Oilers) of course, they have been replaced with the Texans.  However, if they ever played against a Tampa team or if their games had a negative effect (like keeping us out of a playoff spot) I will always rout against them.

Another example is one of my good friends.  He is from Jersey and grew up a Yankees fan his whole life.  He moved down here went to college and became a Bull.  Ask him how he ranks his teams.  1st- Tampa teams 2nd-NY-NJ teams.  Why?  Because Tampa is where he makes his home.

That is how it should be.  However, what you tend to see are people not rooting for the home team but making the popular/bandwagon choice when deciding which team to root for.

Now I cannot ever blame someone for rooting for a team or school that they were part of.  In that case, you have the right to root for that team no matter where you live.  IMO

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Slower than expected?  10 years ago if said we would have what we have I would of laughed my butt off.  Attendance is not going to happen over night no matter how bad we want it to.  Patience. You have to build it and it takes time.  Part of the fun is watching it grow every year. 

It is fun watching things grow, but I don't want it so slow that it's hard to see.  I wish it would grow faster than it is, maybe by  5k season tickets per year. 

I was reading some news and saw that Penn State has sold over 93,000 season tickets and has a waiting list of over 2,000.  Maybe some day we can get to where we have a waiting list for season tickets.

• Content Count:  4,016

It is fun watching things grow, but I don't want it so slow that it's hard to see.  I wish it would grow faster than it is, maybe by  5k season tickets per year.   

I was reading some news and saw that Penn State has sold over 93,000 season tickets and has a waiting list of over 2,000.  Maybe some day we can get to where we have a waiting list for season tickets.

namuh, you've also got to be truthful with yourself, USF will never get to that level.  In fact 95% of the BCS programs aren't there....FSU isn't close.  PSU, UT, UM, UF some schools that are the flagship institutions operate on a different plateau.

Listen, if we can get season tickets over 18k this year, which seems to be almost an absolute certainty at this point.  Then I love where things are heading...it was just 3-4 years ago we were dropping below 15k.  Put together another good bowl season, maybe top 25 and then watch more bandwagoners hop on.  If we have that type of season I see us easily surpassing 20k by next year which is a good thing.

Remember our donor levels and ticket prices have always been relatively strong, so each jump means real commitments from people.

• Content Count:  563

I dont understand some of you guys."were not growing fast enough"???? :-\10 yrs ago did you think we would have been in a BCS conf???Its silly some of think were not growing fast enough.....I think we grew TOO FAST but thanks to CJL we were able to keep up!!!!How many losing seasons have we had?Look at our 1st game!!!!before we even finished a season we had already blew by teams tht had been around for years!!!!

**** you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived