A beauty in the making:

1_1353-2.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'll let the board members in these pictures speak for themselves:

mvc-004f.gif

Ahh, now that is an old pic... gotta be 1998 or 1999.  I'm the goon with the ball on his head to the left, minus about 30 lbs.  They made us alternate those t-shirts... i was lucky enough to have to wear mine backwards the entire game.  Scott (the ballhead to the right) and I got to go on the court for a blindfolded shooting competition.  I made a basket in 30 seconds, somehow.  Not only was I blindfolded, they pulled the ball down over my face too.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

Some more goings on at the Dome:

24memstudsec.jpg

26memsway1.jpg

sporscenterisnext.jpg

And since it is really football season:

Inauguralprogram.jpg

Another Inaugural item that was distributed at University Mall when the new logo was announced.  A nice placard autographed by none other than Lee Roy Selmon:

LRSINARUG640.jpg

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

WOW....that is awesome.

Interestingly enough, I purchased an old Press Pass off of eBay.  It was for the first football scrimmage open to the press, and it was signed on the back by the guy who used it (along with one of his business cards to prove authenticity).  He used to work for the ABC TV station in Bradenton.  It was a steal at only 12 bucks, too.

Alas, I gave it away though...I kind of wish that I had not.

• Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

Wow... now I know what an acid flashback must be like.  Did I really wear that bandanna?  Ya'll let me do that?  I need better (and cooler) friends immediately. 

Jamie the boss did tell me to get rid of that floormat, but I think it just might have survived hidden in a corner for a couple of years.  However the Green and Gold room was redone recently, and I haven't looked to see if it survived the turnaround.  Shame we don't have a pic of Jewbull vs. Murry Bartow in the parking lot, still one of the great documented moments in USF history.  Or another certain board member making a rather memorable purchase from a security guard outside that arena... I'll let him tell the story if he chooses. 

And to think I know where most of these basketball clowns are right now.  Sean runs a pawn shop in Key West, Jason works for a law firm in DC, Jamie is in Texas (and on this board), Doc is now a real Dr., Velcro is our resident web genius (for bullsclub.com too), John is getting married in Minnesota in a few weeks, and Esque called off $250 with two kings against the nut flush a few nights ago at the Hard Rock (a spectacular Lee Watkinson-esque meltdown).

Sean, Jason, Velcro and I are all fraternity brothers, and are guys I still talk to all the time.  I met my future roommate Jen out in those tents that season, who was playing for the women's team in Jose's first year.  She told me years later she thought we were all certifiably insane for doing the crap we did.  But we ended up living together, and now she's the closest thing I have to a sibling.

For you current students, take note of this.  Getting as actively involved with athletics will be one of the most rewarding things you can do in college.  The friends you make you'll keep forever.  Who knows, you might even get a job out of the deal!!

Stuff that would be great to add to this thread:

The pics of us in Cincinnati wearing the prison garb... I lost mine, anyone have them?

The thread I wrote from when we got back from UAB, giving the play-by-play of that trip.  An opus if ever one was written. 

The thread from our roadie to New Orleans to play Tulane in Fogelman (I think The Sheriff wrote it).  I think we spent twice as much time in the car as we did in the city. 

Anything from the Louisville conference touranment in '03... just hope the statute of limitations has passed for anything we did. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Game1Tix.jpg?t=1185401299Game1Prog.jpg?t=1185401313

I had this, from basketball, lying around the digital domain as well:

1UCChamprings.jpg

When I saw that in person (when Huggie and the thugs were in town) I couldn't help but laugh...sorry Hermie.  It's true.

Archived