Taylor hardship waiver

ChiTownBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I don't he will be a cornerback, but at 5'10 and 200 lbs thats great size for a corner. I just don't think he is fast enough for corner, maybe a safety though.

With all that said, I hope they keep him at running back, it just adds more depth to the position because at this point no one there is proven except Ben Williams and he is only proven to give you 3.6 ypc. Not very good at all.

yeah 4.6 is alright speed for a CB but not great I just dont see how he will be able to get PT at RB with what we have (Ford and Mo)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

If thats true the NCAA might give him the waiver.  Just a thought though...wouldn't it be better for him to not get the waiver and sit out the year and redshirt next season....or did he already play at Bama? 

Regardless, if we do get him this season, he'd be a hell of a fullback and a key guy on short yardage/goalline gains because he seems so hard to take down.

GO BULLS!!!

when did usf  ad a fullback to the game plan?

• Content Count:  7,890

this is true for the most part we have maybe one TRUE FB but we do have a new OC

• Content Count:  4,016

I don't he will be a cornerback, but at 5'10 and 200 lbs thats great size for a corner. I just don't think he is fast enough for corner, maybe a safety though.

With all that said, I hope they keep him at running back, it just adds more depth to the position because at this point no one there is proven except Ben Williams and he is only proven to give you 3.6 ypc. Not very good at all.

yeah 4.6 is alright speed for a CB but not great I just dont see how he will be able to get PT at RB with what we have (Ford and Mo)

When have Ford, Plancher, and Samuels set the world on fire in the college game yet?  Ford took a long while in the spring to get back to football speed.  He showed glimpses of being the back that he was bragged to be but they were glimpses so don't annoint him just yet.  Plancher is a solid back but he's a bit brittle, remember hammy injury in the spring before his ACL injury.  Samuels is good but little, like 5-9 180lbs...  Taylor is an everydown, do it all, type of back.  Slashes between the tackles, has nice acceleration, and good size, he's more like 5-9 215lbs now, and he's not a corner...not because of his speed moreso because he's a broad shouldered kid and somewhat squatty, so i don't know if he'd have the hip swivel abilities, and change of direction (straight line speed isn't that important at college, providing a player has excellent acceleration and change of direction speed- better addressed in shuttle times).  I'd lay bets down that Taylor isn't much slower then Ford if at all.

I'd love someday to see a team that rotates Ford and Taylor as the every down pounders, and Samuels and Mo Plancher as the slashers speed guys that can flare out to the slot, or stick in on third and long for short dump off passes. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Given Samuels's speed and quickness (what we saw in spring and what was talked about in practice) he could be a slot receiver.  If the guy can make plays the staff will get him on the field.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If Taylor has the speed, he can be a good back for this, spread offense.

I'm not too worried about his size, Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, even Mike Hart at Michigan are all around 5-9, 200-210lbs.  If we use more 2 back sets he becomes another option.  If we continue to use a lot of 1 back formations, he is a good blocking back that becomes a good option because of his running ability.

He brings a lot of possible dimensions to the offensive system we use.

• Content Count:  2,493
  • Days Won:  1

call Arkansas about that...Plancher isnt ready according to Leavitt...remember Ark. has McFadden and Felix Jones who both had over 1,000 yds last year.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

If Taylor does arrive at USF, he will be one of the top athletes USF will have ever landed.  he's not going to be moving positions, other may move to get out of his way though.  Getting Taylor is bigger than getting Ford, we're talking about a freshman that would have been starting at Bama this year, and was the #25 ranked RB recruit nationally.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have Ford as well, but he's been off the field for too long.

• Content Count:  1,803

They had a replay of the Lakeland/ St. Thomas Aquinas state championship game on today. Taylor didn't get many carries behind the awesomeness that is Chris Reiney, but the carries that he got were straight up the middle runs against arguably the best high school defense in the state, and he ran over their lineman. I am hoping that he can be a real pile driver for us, and wear down defenses well into the fourth quarter.

• Content Count:  557

They had a replay of the Lakeland/ St. Thomas Aquinas state championship game on today. Taylor didn't get many carries behind the awesomeness that is Chris Reiney, but the carries that he got were straight up the middle runs against arguably the best high school defense in the state, and he ran over their lineman. I am hoping that he can be a real pile driver for us, and wear down defenses well into the fourth quarter.

I saw that game today as well.  While he did not get nearly as many carries as CR he showed his skills in many other aspects of the game, namely blocking.  This kid can take on a DL almost twice his size, now that is impressive.  With him and Ford in the same backfield, along with his majesty MG, we will be tough to deal with on offensive.

Archived