Pre-Season Tailgate Party!!!

mutt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

Thanks to everyone who put that party together!  What a great time!  Getting a chance to talk to coach Leavitt was great.  The whole family had a good time.  It feels like the season should start this Saturday.  I can't wait to get to the parking lot and fire up the grill.  Thanks again.  Great job!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Any more pics ?

• Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

I just added a few more...not much, but was too busy running around to take many pics

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Link?!?!

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I had a great time at the Tailgate, and I'd like to thank the Pinellas County Alumni Association for putting together such a great event. I had a cousin that was visiting me from Colombia, yes, the Colombia in South America, who had a great time. He was surprised to see how similar it was to the soccer bars in Medellin, in that everyone was so passionate about the upcoming season. Then, I proceeded to explain to him a little history about our school, football team and coach. He instantly recognized Coach Leavitt from my "Our Shirt" T-shirt. My cousin commented on how approachable and nice the coach was because he stayed around for such a long time mingling with the fans.

I dropped him off at TIA later in the afternoon with a USF cap, USF T-shirt (thanks Greg), posters, and bumper stickers. He told me that he'll be plastering his Renault 4 with "Welcome to Bulls Country" bumper stickers.  Needless to say, I think we may have added another member to the Bull Nation that happens to live in South America.

Thanks for the hospitality

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

cram,

Link is on the 2nd page of this thread.

• Content Count:  6,580
  • Days Won:  2

We also had a great time. It was awesome to see so many people there.

• Content Count:  26

My whole family had a great at this event. Many thanks to the organizers and Capognas. The newly autographed portrait of CJL is now hanging proudly in my game room.

• Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

First, Thank ALL fo you who came out to support the bulls and the upcoming season!!!  We had a helluva good time putting on the show and I was amazed how many people showed up.  I met so many people who travelled quite some distances to get there, and I appreciate that even more.  I gotta say how humble CJL is and he was even suprised of all of the fans... Like I told many of them/you, it's not impossible to pull off a gathering like this, it just needs a little footwork. Many-a-night I spent scouring the neighborhood and circling mall parking lots for USF licence plates just so I could put a flyer on their car... Ultamately, there should be USF fan gatherings like this all around Florida, and sooner or later, it'll happen. I can't wait for the season to start, I hope to see all of you real soon to cheer on the BULLS to an undefeated season !!!  Thanx again, and as always...  GO BULLS !!! 

(and Bob, I only had 4 beers...  :)  They were good)

• Content Count:  866

Mutt... check your Bullspen.com messages!

Archived