USF Golf Course - A Freaking Joke!

Singabull

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Didn't they put a boatload of $$$ into it a few years back?

I seem to remember that.  If so, what a waste.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, they did put a huge amount into it, all for not.  I don't believe that was this group (i hope it wasn't or that is an aweful start).

• Content Count:  828
  • Days Won:  0

The new mgmt team is the same team responsible for that awesome new course on I-4 in Lakeland... Bridgewater.

I posted on here a month ago that no one should bother wasting their money at USF until they fix things up.  I refuse to play it, period.  I know the USF volleyball tourney is usually there but I've heard they are planning on moving off campus for future years because of how bad it was.

Bridgewater on the other hand is incredible... so these guys have potential to be good... hopefully they can live up to the 4 star rep that Bridgewater is.

If I remember correctly that management group has already been at USF for months now. Curious on why it is taking so long to fix those freaking greens!

They have been there for quite a while... which doesn't bode well for the chances of the Claw getting any better. 

Right now, I wouldn't even pay 5 bucks to play there (with cart included)... and they are charging around 40, if you don't use one of those tee time services that have discounts down to about 20 - 25 bucks.

• Content Count:  518

I remember discussions by the the golf course developers (I have worked with them in the past - love their name - The Dirty Five) and USF about moving USF's home course to Bridgewater.  They wanted to donate the course to USF for tax credits.  The new USF-Lakeland is going to be right down the street.  Not sure how serious the discussions were or if it is even being discussed anymore.

I don't believe that is still live.  The course is connected to a housing development now called Bridgewater that is in its very early stages. 

• Content Count:  518

I don't believe that is still live.  The course is connected to a housing development now called Bridgewater that is in its very early stages. 

I work for that developer.  Just not involved that much anymore with that property.  You could be right about it being dead as I haven't heard anything about it since they started construction on the course.

• Content Count:  2,657

They should BullDoze the course and put an OCS on the land ;^)

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

They should BullDoze the course and put an OCS on the land ;^)

Here we go again.  ::)

Archived