• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Good article

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,691

Who wouldn't want to live and win in Tampa? Leavitt is the only coach the Bulls have had in their decade in Division I-A.

"You've got to be careful about the big picture," Leavitt said, "not just take a job because of money or ego. I never felt comfortable about it. Kansas State offered me a lot more money than Alabama (after the 2005 season). I'm telling you I would have been one of the highest paid guys out there."

But Leavitt, a St. Petersburg native, liked his players, bosses and being around his parents, who are both in their 80s. And running a program that is just now tapping its potential. The Bulls upset West Virginia last year after knocking off Louisville in 2005.

Ironically, Leavitt could take the Bulls higher with a couple of former Alabama players. Freshman running back Mike Ford is on the roster. He was an Alabama signee who didn't qualify, then was re-recruited by Leavitt. 'Bama freshman back Jamar Taylor was granted his release to transfer last week. Taylor had been recruited by South Florida and might end up on campus immediately if an NCAA transfer waiver is granted.

"I never felt comfortable (at Alabama) because I never felt like I was the guy," Leavitt said. "There's a lot of things that are going on in the Big East that are interesting."

Just ask their well-heeled coaches. Over lunch, and make sure they pick up the check.

• Content Count:  1,981

The contract is still in Jim Leavitt's office somewhere. Sign it and he would have been Alabama's coach in 2003.

"We're always going to keep it, in case anybody ever wonders," said the South Florida coach. "I was the guy who would have had the job and was going to lead them through the probation years."

And 'bama fans still insist he wasn't really ever offered the job.  ::) 

• Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

It's great for recruits to see this stuff with works like 'National Championship' and 'Heisman' in the copy.  It also shows that CJL is committed to building something special and beckons quality players to come along for the ride.

• Content Count:  2,726

Good Stuff dude!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

yippee!

Archived