Offensive Scheme...Will it stay the same?

USFDan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  518
  • Days Won:  0

New coordinator, bigger RB's, a FB, will we see a different offensive scheme?  Will we do away with the hurry up spread?

• Content Count:  5,241

At least for the West Virginia game I hope!

I think the scheme will remain the same thou, but Im hoping for a gigantic decrease in the shotgun draw play calls.

• Content Count:  1,757

If you mean will the majority of offensive formations change?  Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more 1-2 back formations throughout the games. 

If you mean: Will the 20 QB draws per game, and 50 out pass/ screens per outing, (with neglect of traditional running plays and panic at the first sign of trouble) change?  God I hope so.

• Content Count:  1,037

Hey guys it will be fine lets not judge till you watch some USF offense!  I think you will be very very happy with what you see!!

• Content Count:  3,827

With the stable of RBs that Leavitt is stockpiling, let's certainly hope that the scheme is adjusted to fit the talent.

• Content Count:  1,757

Don't get me wrong.  I expect not only the offense but the offensive gameplan / playcalling to be much improved over last year.  While there's lots of returning talent, and the question marks from last year are being filled with some VERY promising kids...  I am more optimistic at the difference a new offensive coordinator will make.  That's all I was trying to get at. 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

My guess is that with the weapons we have, this has the potential to be a very dynamic and exciting offense.  I don't think the general scheme will change at all, but there will be more options on just about every play.  I also expect the game planning and playcalling to be better.

Take a look at WVU.  They probably execute the spread better than anyone.  Look what happens when you have a dynamic RB, a dynamic QB that is a threat to run, handoff or pass on every play and a big time Fullback.  We have all that plus, probably a better all around QB with potentially better receivers.  I am not sold on our receivers yet as others around here.  (None off them has really done anything outstanding yet except for one game with AJ).

I think with the ability to control the ball on the ground a little better from the backfield, our defense will be better too.  I look for our Time of Possession to increase this year.

I can't wait.  I think this will be an exciting year.

• Content Count:  1,266

alright i know its a bit nitpicky (sp?)....but the 2 most common misspelled/misused words on football message boards seem to be offense and loser....

Who will be the looser in the USF vs. WVU game?  looser = loser

Will our offence change this year?  offence = offense

out

• Content Count:  385

I think it will be fine.  Now we have options on Offense.  We aren't held to only QB draws and we aren't held to only use Hall. It's exciting, but it will also show what kind of offensive plays we can and will run with a great QB and RB

• Content Count:  2,726

Looking foward to see some of the great running plays of 2005(w/Hall) coupled with some of the great passing plays from 2002(Blackwell) and 2006(Grothe).  Overall, all eyes will be on Greg Gregory to see what he does with our boys this year.  With so much talent, who knows...I strongly believe that our time of posession will be greatly increased.  Thus giving our Defense more time to rest and be the bad-asses that they are, on the field!

GO BULLS!!!

Archived