Antwon Hanks

KB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

Greg mentions in his blog that he is now in the two deep at WR.

Anyone know anything about him? 

• Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

I wouldnt be too excited about that two-deep, those positions are for Leavitt to light a fire under some guys behinds and to praise the hard work of others.

We will see what the real two-deep is come game time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

From what little I could find on him, he seems like a real athlete that could add to our depth at WR. He is listed at 6'3'' 210 lbs. He runs track for USF, and also played football and basketball in H.S. He played on what I presume was a horrible team at Lake Weir, as he caught a game winning touchdown pass that snapped a 20 GAME LOSING STREAK.

Whether he is there to light a fire under other players' arses or he is legitimately contending for PT, I don't care. Just so long as the WRs that give us the best chance of winning are on the field for us.

• Content Count:  3,714

Greg mentioned their were 4 starters, but only listed 3 (Erskin, Edwards and Hester).  I assume the 4th is Taurus Johnson.  Sounds like he is trying to light a fire under Amarri for sure.  I assume the others in the top 8 are Carlton Mitchell, Hanks and Denson?

Like Cuban said, the Depth chart doesn't mean much right now.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

From what little I could find on him, he seems like a real athlete that could add to our depth at WR. He is listed at 6'3'' 210 lbs. He runs track for USF, and also played football and basketball in H.S. He played on what I presume was a horrible team at Lake Weir, as he caught a game winning touchdown pass that snapped a 20 GAME LOSING STREAK.

Whether he is there to light a fire under other players' arses or he is legitimately contending for PT, I don't care. Just so long as the WRs that give us the best chance of winning are on the field for us.

can he get open?

can he catch a pass in a crowd?

usf needs receivers not athletes

• Content Count:  1,913

KB, you're right about the other names, and Taurus as the other starter. The other possibilities for the last spots in the two-deep would be the other redshirt freshmen -- Sherman, Alcin and Love ...

• Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going to assume that Love improved. He dropped a few passes in the spring game.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Hanks is an excellent athlete, probably one of the better on the team.  He's been around for two years and a hard worker at practice.  I always thought if he could dedicate his attention to football he could be a real good football player at WR, or TE.  I also wondered about him on defense but if he's making it at WR then great.

Archived