Auburn

Rizman

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,289
  • Days Won:  29

I feel our DB's will neutralize their passing game and allow us to concentrate on stopping their run. Their Offense won't be that much different in schemes from last year.

We have a new OC and potentially a much stronger Running Game ... agree that we need to take advantage of them early and be ready for their adjustments in the 2nd half.

Oh, why are all you looking past Elon ?   ;D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

420959.jpg

Cox will have his Blind-Side most likely to Selvie ;D

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

a little off topic, but what refs will be used, SEC/BE/ooc?

Not sure, but seems the Home teams supply the officials ... SEC refs.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Well the good news is that Auburn only had 2 players make Offensive Preseason All Sec, both on the third team

The bad news is that they had 6 players make Defensive Preseason All Sec ... Quentin Groves is an absolute monster on the DL and would be shocked if we can contain him.  trey Blackmon is pretty bad ass at LB too. 

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?url_channel_id=2&url_article_id=9221&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

I don't know what the Over/Under is for this game, but i'll take the under.  And anything over, I don't like our chances of winning the game. 

Rocky, I am at a loss to understand your need to show UT pictures....HERE.  This is a USF board.  I actually don't appreciated it.  The picture you proudly display should be for the UT MB.  This is Bull Country.  I'm not trying to be personally malicious about it.  I'm just expressing my lack of understanding and disdain.  I just think it is somewhat offensive on your part to us 100% die-hard Bull fans.  Basically, IMO, there is zero appreciation for your picture by the majority of the fans here so why post it?

good god get over it. its a picture. it doesnt offend me at all. i actually find it to be an awesome picture. hopefully we can have a stadium with that many people in it one day, doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

Im looking forward to this game....and yes it is making me nervous....but its shocking to me to see people on this board talking smack about Auburn (Just some of the people most seem friendly).  Im not saying you cant beat Auburn....because I think yall have a very good chance to upset us.  I just think its ridiculous that some of yall act like you will romp over Auburn...and that is one thing that wont happen happen.  Yall have only beaten a team of Auburns calibur a few time, and it was West Virginia and I think Louisville.  There is no reason for people on here to make it seem that Auburn team is inferior.  Yall are not on the top tier level of programs yet...but South Florida has the chance to change that this year if they beat Auburn and win the Big East.  Its a little surprising to see so many people talk about how Auburns gonna get manhandled the whole game when USF has only beaten two ranked teams since 2002 so in no way whatsoever will Auburn be dominated like some seem to think. The South Florida program is becoming one of the best uprising Programs that I have seen...like its been 6 seasons in DIA right? Thats really impressive to already be where yall are.  Ive seen some people talk about the losses on Auburn's offensive live, to set it straight yes we lost a few guys but the guys who will be starting in place of our graduating players (benn grubbs, and friends lol) have had plently of playing time.  The new starting center actually started in the Florida and LSU game and i know a few others started in a few of the games.  Im not as worried about the offensive line as I am about our secondary...we have some spots to fill.  It should be a great game (very close game!!) and Im looking forward to it. 

War Eagle!

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Im looking forward to this game....and yes it is making me nervous....but its shocking to me to see people on this board talking smack about Auburn (Just some of the people most seem friendly).  Im not saying you cant beat Auburn....because I think yall have a very good chance to upset us.  I just think its ridiculous that some of yall act like you will romp over Auburn...and that is one thing that wont happen happen.  Yall have only beaten a team of Auburns calibur once, and it was West Virginia.  There is no reason for people on here to make it seem that Auburn team is inferior.  Yall are not on the top tier level of programs yet...but South Florida has the chance to change that this year if they beat Auburn and win the Big East.  Its a little surprising to see so many people talk about how Auburns gonna get manhandled the whole game when USF has only beaten two ranked teams since 2002 so in no way whatsoever will Auburn be dominated like some seem to think. The South Florida program is becoming one of the best uprising Programs that I have seen...like its been 6 seasons in DIA right? Thats really impressive to already be where yall are.  Ive seen some people talk about the losses on Auburn's offensive live, to set it straight yes we lost a few guys but the guys who will be starting in place of our graduating players (benn grubbs, and friends lol) have had plently of playing time.  The new starting center actually started in the Florida and LSU game and i know a few others started in a few of the games.  Im not as worried about the offensive line as I am about our secondary...we have some spots to fill.  It should be a great game (very close game!!) and Im looking forward to it. 

War Eagle!

Hey, 316, thanks for stopping by!

I think you have to take what a lot of people are saying here with a grain of salt.  Most of us see the world through green and gold goggles, which isn't a bad thing.  Actually, it's pretty dang exciting given the meteoric rise of our program over the last decade.

Do I think we'll romp AU?  Heck no.  Do I think we can win?  Of course... I actually think that what makes you dangerous is what makes us dangerous... Speed, and lots of it.  It's a question of depth... will our backup horses be able to hang on if called upon?  We know AU has depth in spades, and we need to be able to counter that somehow.

I'm (of course) predicting a USF win, but in a nailbiter... 4 pts or less, and due to one or two big plays that help us out at just the right time.

Either way, it'll be a good one!

Matt

• Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

I think you have to take what a lot of people are saying here with a grain of salt.  Most of us see the world through green and gold goggles, which isn't a bad thing.  Actually, it's pretty dang exciting given the meteoric rise of our program over the last decade.

Do I think we'll romp AU?  Heck no.  Do I think we can win?  Of course... I actually think that what makes you dangerous is what makes us dangerous... Speed, and lots of it.  It's a question of depth... will our backup horses be able to hang on if called upon?  We know AU has depth in spades, and we need to be able to counter that somehow.

I'm (of course) predicting a USF win, but in a nailbiter... 4 pts or less, and due to one or two big plays that help us out at just the right time.

Matt

Yea it should be within a touchdown to whoever wins but Ive noticed last year Auburn tends to give up big plays on defense which should be the weakness that I think South Florida could possibly to take in advantage of.  I have not seen very many Bulls games but hows the offense..hopefully Im not taking offense to anyone by asking....like what formations and offense do yall run and defense.  Auburns type of offense wont change much (just hopefully better lol) and the defense is still mainly 4-3 but I think our defense coordinator Will Muschamp will be using some 3-4 also.  I will be rooting for yall the rest of the games this season and hopefully yall will win the Big East!

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Matt

Yea it should be within a touchdown to whoever wins but Ive noticed last year Auburn tends to give up big plays on defense which should be the weakness that I think South Florida could possibly to take in advantage of.  I have not seen very many Bulls games but hows the offense..hopefully Im not taking offense to anyone by asking....like what formations and offense do yall run and defense.  Auburns type of offense wont change much (just hopefully better lol) and the defense is still mainly 4-3 but I think our defense coordinator Will Muschamp will be using some 3-4 also.  I will be rooting for yall the rest of the games this season and hopefully yall will win the Big East!

If you want to see our offense in action, go to youtube and search Matt Grothe.

• Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

As far as our offense goes, it is hard to say exactly what we are going to run. We finally have a new OC, so I am not sure what changes, if any, are forthcoming. We run a spread option with a lot of 4 WR sets. With our mobile, playmaking, all-world QB Matt Grothe at the helm, it really gives us a lot of options. He is dangerous when the pocket collapses and he rolls out. He can tuck the ball and run for a 15 yard gain or throw it down field with deadly accuracy. Grothe has jene se qua (sp?) that you only see in truly special players. I think this game is going to come down to field position and turnovers. You guys wouldn't happen to also have a place kicker who does a rugby style punt for a net of 30 yards, would you?

Archived