Auburn

Rizman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Had we nt beaten WVU opn he road I'd be more nervous. Either way night game at Auburn on ESPN. Remember the nationl champs didn't fair too well there

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Well the good news is that Auburn only had 2 players make Offensive Preseason All Sec, both on the third team

The bad news is that they had 6 players make Defensive Preseason All Sec ... Quentin Groves is an absolute monster on the DL and would be shocked if we can contain him.  trey Blackmon is pretty bad ass at LB too. 

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?url_channel_id=2&url_article_id=9221&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

I don't know what the Over/Under is for this game, but i'll take the under.  And anything over, I don't like our chances of winning the game. 

Rocky, I am at a loss to understand your need to show UT pictures....HERE.  This is a USF board.  I actually don't appreciated it.  The picture you proudly display should be for the UT MB.  This is Bull Country.  I'm not trying to be personally malicious about it.  I'm just expressing my lack of understanding and disdain.  I just think it is somewhat offensive on your part to us 100% die-hard Bull fans.  Basically, IMO, there is zero appreciation for your picture by the majority of the fans here so why post it?

• Content Count:  2,726

Actually, I agree with this.  I think you represent fine with the UT Logo under your name.  The HUGE PIC...well, not so much.

• Content Count:  2,726

How 'bout you put this picture up?

hot9764.jpg

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

My main concern is their DL ... feel great about all other matchups !

usf better be concerned about all facets of game

auburn has better talent across the board

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Well the good news is that Auburn only had 2 players make Offensive Preseason All Sec, both on the third team

The bad news is that they had 6 players make Defensive Preseason All Sec ... Quentin Groves is an absolute monster on the DL and would be shocked if we can contain him.  trey Blackmon is pretty bad ass at LB too. 

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?url_channel_id=2&url_article_id=9221&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

I don't know what the Over/Under is for this game, but i'll take the under.  And anything over, I don't like our chances of winning the game. 

Rocky, I am at a loss to understand your need to show UT pictures....HERE.  This is a USF board.  I actually don't appreciated it.  The picture you proudly display should be for the UT MB.  This is Bull Country.  I'm not trying to be personally malicious about it.  I'm just expressing my lack of understanding and disdain.  I just think it is somewhat offensive on your part to us 100% die-hard Bull fans.  Basically, IMO, there is zero appreciation for your picture by the majority of the fans here so why post it?

get that ut crap off this board

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

get that ut crap off this board

as long as you take the USC/Pac 10 stuff elsewhere

• Content Count:  849

For the record, I cheer for no other college team except USF and that goes for all sports. Even Women's Basketball.... >:D

But seriously take the Volunteer SEC crap down.

USF all the way!!!!

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't see where you think we are taking them lightly.  There is no doubt in my mind that we will be ready for that game.  The best example of preparation for playing a top team is how the team was ready and prepared for the PSU game a couple of years ago.  109,000 of their fans and about 200 of our fans.  We lost by 10 to, what ended up the year, as the number 3 team in the country.  If you recall, that game was probably even closer than the final score.  In that game, Denson, who hadn't been on the field in 2 years and at QB in 3 years, had no business starting in front of 110,000.  It's a diiferent game if we don't spot them 10 easy points in the first 8 minutes.  We also found out how bad Benzer was with 2 missed kicks.  I also hated the way we seemed to be playing not to lose by a big amount rather than trying to win.  At the end of the first half and then again at the end of the game, instead of going into a 2 minute offense Smith seemed to go into milk the clock mode.

My point is that we won't have the inexperince factor we had going into PSU, we have deeper talent and I am hopeful that our coaches will make better decisions.

I guarantee the coaching staff will have the team ready.  I don't know if we are deep enough at all positions to win, but we are good enough to be in a position to win the game.  We will be ready.  No one is taking them for granted.

• Content Count:  1,757

My main concern is their DL ... feel great about all other matchups !

usf better be concerned about all facets of game

auburn has better talent across the board

I think this crap is worse than the UT pic!  Auburn does not have better talent across the board... maybe better depth, but not better talent.  Any of our starters could start for AU.  I think this will be a very good game and I think we'll have to play lights out to win.  Remember Auburn has a propensity for choking early in the season to decent teams they "should" beat. 

Archived