Auburn

Rizman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

Auburn review tells me we have to play better offense then they play against us. Their defense was tough last year and that will continue.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AivnFoCYm31N4TifAZYZxGYcvrYF?slug=rivals-141665&prov=rivals&type=lgns

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

I would agree with that.  Defense is a strength for both teams.  But we have to minimize our TOs and penalties.  Auburn's defense is capable of scoring more points than their offense.  But last year the AU defense was prone to giving up big plays, so there's some hope for the Bulls.  I expect a low scoring game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

My main concern is their DL ... feel great about all other matchups !

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Auburn's offensive is a lot better than you'd think. They have two potential All-SEC RBs in Lester and Ben Tate.

Their offense is very good and shouldn't be underestimated.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Auburn's offensive is a lot better than you'd think. They have two potential All-SEC RBs in Lester and Ben Tate.

Their offense is very good and shouldn't be underestimated.

I think Auburn is a legit Top 20 team overall.

• Content Count:  3,078

Well the good news is that Auburn only had 2 players make Offensive Preseason All Sec, both on the third team

The bad news is that they had 6 players make Defensive Preseason All Sec ... Quentin Groves is an absolute monster on the DL and would be shocked if we can contain him.  trey Blackmon is pretty bad ass at LB too. 

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?url_channel_id=2&url_article_id=9221&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

I don't know what the Over/Under is for this game, but i'll take the under.  And anything over, I don't like our chances of winning the game. 

• Content Count:  4,879

Their running game may be the best we face all year.  We will need to play ball control on offense while scoring TDs.

• Content Count:  2,726

I hate to play Devil's Advocate...but does anyone think we are taking Auburn a little too lightly?  I could be crazy...but...lets be serious folks.  This is AUBURN we are talking about here.  They are not SEC bottom feeders.  They are SEC front runners.  Its like we are playing Florida except we wont get the amount of reaction instate.

Granted, I think we'll win(lol)...BUT realistically judging from our experience with SEC teams on the road in the past, do you think we are that much improved that we can take them down at their home?!?!!? 

I am sweating this game...more so because I will not be there!!! GRRR!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  478

I hate to play Devil's Advocate...but does anyone think we are taking Auburn a little too lightly?  I could be crazy...but...lets be serious folks.  This is AUBURN we are talking about here.  They are not SEC bottom feeders.  They are SEC front runners.  Its like we are playing Florida except we wont get the amount of reaction instate.

Granted, I think we'll win(lol)...BUT realistically judging from our experience with SEC teams on the road in the past, do you think we are that much improved that we can take them down at their home?!?!!? 

I am sweating this game...more so because I will not be there!!! GRRR!!!

GO BULLS!!!

umm the only people taking it lightly are

1. AU

2. a lot of the posters on this board.

JCL, et al is taking this very seriously - trust me. Auburn is not a top 25 team - they are probably a top 10 team (not to mention past nat't champs). I think we might win - but its going to be a hard fight.

• Content Count:  385

Even if we come in there playing the game of our lives, it will be a tough fight.  A lot of things are going to have to break our way.  Again this is not like UCF and Texas where UCF doesn't have a chance.  I really do believe with our new talent and Leavitt at the helm we have a chance at beating them. 

Archived