SI College Preview -AWESOME

BurghBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Take note Hurricanes, Seminoles, and Gators the Bulls are coming for you.  Leavitt made it but I can tell you Florida and FSU fans still think USF is not in their league.

Why should they? We were dancing around celebrating an 9-4 season while coaches were getting fired at those schools for similar records. Anything less than a conference championship (and even that is questionable) is a down year for them

The general pereception I get from the UF side (my WHOLE family is Gators) is that they like USF and think it has potential, but isn't there yet.

I know USF will prove everyone wrong one day, for now I'm gonna celebrate my 9-4 season and worry about FSU and UF when it comes time to play them.

First class post...and it's not the perception of UF, it's pretty much a fact. We should be a happy with this past 9-4 season, and not expect a 12-0 (except for ET - programs need fans like him!), but she should be pissed if we get an 8-5 year. We are where we're supposed to be, and right now that's on the outside looking in. Our program is on the rise...not "risen"

We are still potential threats to the Big 3, not legit threats. Give it 5 years

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  808

My only thoughts on the "we're not there yet" statements -- DEFINE "THERE"

If "there" equates to an annual top 15 team with a few national championships under our belts, then I guess we're not "there"

But if "there" equates to being a solidly competitive football program we can be proud to call our own, then I say we are "there"

FSU, Miami, and UF are insanely successful programs...no one can deny that. But don't let their successes in any way downplay what USF has done. I feel USF tends to get overshadowed. Since we're in Florida, the tendency is for people to compare us to the Big 3 and automatically discount us.  If USF were any where else we would be making way more headlines than we currently are.

It will come. But don't for a second let a Seminole or Gator talk down to you

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Take note Hurricanes, Seminoles, and Gators the Bulls are coming for you.  Leavitt made it but I can tell you Florida and FSU fans still think USF is not in their league.

usf needs to play these teams on the road when ever  they can get a game instead of holding out for a return game

• Content Count:  928

My only thoughts on the "we're not there yet" statements -- DEFINE "THERE"

If "there" equates to an annual top 15 team with a few national championships under our belts, then I guess we're not "there"

That's the "there" I'm referring to.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Why should they? We were dancing around celebrating an 9-4 season while coaches were getting fired at those schools for similar records. Anything less than a conference championship (and even that is questionable) is a down year for them

The general pereception I get from the UF side (my WHOLE family is Gators) is that they like USF and think it has potential, but isn't there yet.

I know USF will prove everyone wrong one day, for now I'm gonna celebrate my 9-4 season and worry about FSU and UF when it comes time to play them.

First class post...and it's not the perception of UF, it's pretty much a fact. We should be a happy with this past 9-4 season, and not expect a 12-0 (except for ET - programs need fans like him!), but she should be pissed if we get an 8-5 year. We are where we're supposed to be, and right now that's on the outside looking in. Our program is on the rise...not "risen"

We are still potential threats to the Big 3, not legit threats. Give it 5 years

very acccurate analysis

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

This is an important year for National Respect ... let alone state respect.

Wonder where SI will rank us ?

• Content Count:  5,691

Grigsy,

While it is true being in FL USF gets compared to the big 3 and it will always happen even after we make it the big 4.

Thing is if USF wasnt in FL pt no pot way we have the same success this quickly. Only other place...maybe TX but i don't think so. Only one bcs conf the big 12. Fl has 3 BCS conferences and 4 teams. I think cali has 4 but they are all in the pac 10.

• Content Count:  1,457

The article is still listing Ricky Ponton, but Mike Ford is the new man on the block.  Looks like things will be looking up for Mike as he will prove his Ford Toughness at his next court date - things will be favorible b/c he turned himself in and you can never take that away from anyone!

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Grigsy,

While it is true being in FL USF gets compared to the big 3 and it will always happen even after we make it the big 4.

Thing is if USF wasnt in FL pt no pot way we have the same success this quickly. Only other place...maybe TX but i don't think so. Only one bcs conf the big 12. Fl has 3 BCS conferences and 4 teams. I think cali has 4 but they are all in the pac 10.

TX has basically 5 BCS teams if you count TCU (a bcs level team).  Not to mention a bunch of other D1A schools.  There is plenty of talent to go around in TX to support many programs.  Just as many, if not more than FL.  Where do you think a good number of B12 teams outside of TX get their talent - TX. 

• Content Count:  849

The 3 best recruiting hotbeds in the country are in this order

1) Florida 2) Texas 3) California

Everywhere in the country recruits Florida the hardest. As Florida athletes go everywhere, Texas athletes are mainly in the midwest and USC has no competition in California as they get the cream of the crop.

Archived