Countdown to Football: Player #46

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

In the "100 days to Bulls Football" countdown, TheBullsPen.com is hosting discussion on players wearing the numbers 99 to 1.         

We're approximately 46 days until kickoff of the 2007 season.     

The number 46 was and/or is worn by the following Bulls:         

Marshall Smith ................................1997-2000

Kenny Huebner........................................2002

Tavarious Robinson.........................2003-2006

Please post your comments, thoughts and reflections on these Bulls and help countdown the days until kickoff vs. Elon in Raymond James Stadium on September 1, 2007

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

A knee injury and strep throat caused him to miss games his final year, but he played one game as a freshman with a dislocated wrist. Former assistant Andre Waters found a pair of pliers and helped Smith rip his cast off.

http://usfbullet.itgo.com/custom.html

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Marshall smith, the pride of St. Cloud.  he was the man. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

I met Marshall Smith and his parents at a road game in '97 or '98 - likely '97.  Marshall was a hard worker on the field and his parents were simply great to be around even if only for a few minutes.  They were proud of their son and Marshall seemed very humble and even embarassed that anyone would say nice things about his football abilities.  Very down to earth people and another great experience in the early years of Bulls football.

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

on a less serious note, he dated a track and field girl who had the most amazing apple bottom you have ever seen.  We were all jealous of that.  Darn football players, his dad must have been proud.   ;D

• Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

Marshall hit me so hard on a punt protection blocking scheme one practice, it dented my face mask inward. I got to hit him and Kawika everyday during the special team drills... and honestly, because I was stupid and figured eventually I would get to block a punt, or at least I would get one blow in on them that would make them remember me as they took some Tylenol after practice, I always went like a mad man after them. And each time, my ass saw stars and wondered how someone shorter could blow me up like they did... oh, the good ole' days...

Wouldn't be surprised if he is making close to Jim Leavitt money now in the mortgage industry. He always came off as honest, compassionate, and competitive at the same time. With his work ethic, he's gotta be blinging.

Herm... who was the track girl? Amber maybe?

Archived