Tough Day for USF's Anthony Wallace

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Bradley did play well in that last game, but I thought he was one of the worst players on the field at times during the other games.  This is a guy who plays on the National Team and has to be a leader in EVERY game.  Needless to say I wasn't impressed Bradley.  I agree Altidore and Adu throughout the course of the tourney showed they are World Class players and will only get better with age and experience.  Zizzo and Rogers played well too.  The Keeper wasn't sharp at all from what I saw.  Not sure if he caught a ball clean all tourney.  Howard will be the man for many years, and we'll be able to find others if Seitz doesn't get his act together. 

Question for you soccer fans.  In the latter stages of OT when Adu got loose on the left side, why did he shoot or pass (couldn't really tell which), with his right foot?  He kicked the ball with his left, which really changed the angle/flight of the ball away from the goal.  I thought it was the wrong play at that time, and I was wondering if anybody had any takes on that play.

• Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

I hate Baseball, it is boaring and designed for the fan who likes to sleep through sports and wake up and not miss a beat.  Players are over paid and treat fans poorly. 

Soccer (football everywhere else in the world) is a game of 3 destinct contrasts (Fitness, individual skills, team skills/vision).  Most Americans do not get it that it is not about the goals but how beautifully the opportunty to score is developed.  Creativity.  Yes, some games are boaring in soccer as well (MLS has them) however watch English Premeir League and you will see a fast moving game back and forth with hard hits. 

Yes, I am not sure why Adu took the shot with his right foot or pass.  I would have thought a toe pook with his left to the man in front of the goal wide open would have been the logical choice.  Considering his body was leaning on his right I guess he thought he had a larger angle with his left.

That is the paradox of soccer, you are that close to the goal you adrenaline is running and you have to make a split second decision and you are tired.  "Fatigue makes cowards of us all"  Vince Lombardi

• Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

I also hate baseball now thats boring especially if you are sober during the game

and they should have replaced the goalie he was limping around all game long and with the wet turf that did not help matters

but the team looks like they have some future stars adu is really fun to watch they just had a bad game.

just like bulls football, USA futbol has a bright future

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I love baseball, soccer, football, basketball.. I am just love watching high class athletes compete. I would probably like hockey if I saw it in person and I probably would love cricket... but, the chances of me catching a cricket match will be slim.

Archived