USF Bulls Club Watch Parties

Eric_Soncrant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

Don't forget Beef O'Bradys on Hillsborough Ave.

I think the manager, Mike, has contacted you already.

GO BULLS!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

We probalby could, but the problem with Hooters and some other restaurants is that they don't want to limit themselves to one school.  So we try and find places that will devote that time to USF.  It works out well as long as people show up.

Not aware of a LRS opening in Brandon anytime soon.

Eric

yeah i can see that being a problem.  i still liked the event at Rio Bravo's with the TV Truck when USF played Oklahoma years ago. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

I think contacting USF is one thing - a great thing.  But there are only so many people from USF that can attend these.  Eric has invited people here to step up and be a host at one of these sites...why not?

Volunteer and help get the Bulls on screens all over the area.  The Bulls Club is supplying the goods...what more do you need?  Host a watch party that other members can attend, or any other group of Bulls.

Here's a great opportunity to spread the Bulls all over the area...who's going to step up?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The Clubhouse on Fowler, which Eric referred to in the initial post, is right off 56th Street.  It is the closest location, geographically, to USF.  I have been to watch parties there before, and they totally support the Bulls when it is game time.  The food is good, the service is good and it is close to home.  LOL

• Content Count:  476

Isn't the owner of some of the Beef's in Brandon a USF Alum?  He is donating the live bull for the sidelines.  That would seem to be a nice fit also.

I believe his last name is Masarro... Have there been any successful watch parties in Brandon in the past?

• Content Count:  1,158

A few years back we had some decent ones at Barnacles.  Love the place but I get way over stimulated there.  They can't really put our game only on as they cater to some other schools as well.  The Clubhouse on Fowler has been great and his partner that runs the one in Brandon has promised the same service and dedication.  So I'm pretty much sold on us going there if I can find someone who will commit to making sure the stuff is there for the 6 road games.

Brad, do I need to ship stuff out to AZ.  Bullzfan, if you want to host one in Charlotte, or wherever in Carolina you are again, let me know and we can get the word out.

Eric

• Content Count:  2,363

Eric, am I correct in assuming that these are for (or at least to be hosted by) Bulls Club members? as 4life mentioned, there are some of us here in NC, but I know I for one am not a Bulls Club member (largely because, well, I am in North Carolina... no excuse, I know, but still...) but I'd be glad to do what I can regarding a watch party up here, particularly if there is a Bulls Clubber to play host.

• Content Count:  1,158

The Bulls Club assists in organizing these events but they are by no means limited to Bulls Club members hosting or attending.  It's just one of our efforts to grow Bulls Country.  If a group of 20 people go to a bar in NC and ask for the game to be on, it's going to be noticed.  If this happens around the country, it starts to spread, we pick up new fans because they happen to be there when we beat someone on tv and start checking us out.  Now obviously the goal is to get everyone to join the Bulls Club, but baby steps...right!  So if you guys want to get together and get a watch party location in NC, we can let the local alumni chapter know and see how many people show up.

I can send a package of the stuff listed above to you for the season and you can use at your discretion.  So just let us know.

Eric

• Content Count:  2,363

Thanks for the clarification--I'll see what I can do about securing place and some Bulls up here in NC and let you know!

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

The Bulls Club assists in organizing these events but they are by no means limited to Bulls Club members hosting or attending.  It's just one of our efforts to grow Bulls Country.  If a group of 20 people go to a bar in NC and ask for the game to be on, it's going to be noticed.  If this happens around the country, it starts to spread, we pick up new fans because they happen to be there when we beat someone on tv and start checking us out.  Now obviously the goal is to get everyone to join the Bulls Club, but baby steps...right!  So if you guys want to get together and get a watch party location in NC, we can let the local alumni chapter know and see how many people show up.

I can send a package of the stuff listed above to you for the season and you can use at your discretion.  So just let us know.

Eric

Thats good to know.  I wish I knew about this when I was in ATL.  I remember being at a Buffalo Wild Wings, having my back turned to everybody so I could watch the USF/UL game.  Nobody else wanted to watch the Bulls that night, but I knew the bartender so he threw it on another TV.  I kept cheering everytime the Bulls scored, and that whole place turned into Bulls fans for the night.  It was a great night to say the least.

Archived