Countdown to Football: Player #51

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

In the "100 days to Bulls Football" countdown, TheBullsPen.com is hosting discussion on players wearing the numbers 99 to 1.         

We're approximately 51 days until kickoff of the 2007 season.     

The number 51 was and/or is worn by the following Bulls:         

Joey Camero....................................1997-1999

Devon Davis.............................................2002

Stephen Nicholas.............................2003-2006

Please post your comments, thoughts and reflections on these Bulls and help countdown the days until kickoff vs. Elon in Raymond James Stadium on September 1, 2007

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

I remember on signing day five years ago that everyone who went to the post signing day party commented that Coach Leavitt was all excited about one more player who he hoped to add to the class.  CJL said the player was 'a special kid' and he was hoping to get his letter of intent.  About two days later a little blurb showed up in the papers announcing that a LB from Jax Lee had signed with the Bulls.  I immediately thought, 'this is the guy.'  And it was.  It sounds like Snake will be a big time player for the Falcons too.  It will be hard to have a better player in #51 than the Snake.

Normal

• Content Count:  119

This is a no-brainer...fortunately/unfortunately, however you want to look at it.

Snake will be missed, but he adds to our LB corp in the NFL...lookout Kawika, a new Bull about to make his mark on the NFL.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Normal, I remember that as well, that pic of him with the Jax back drop sticks in my mind. FR All-American and a Great BULL. BULLieve he was just married recently.

Bulliever, thanx for taking back the reins while I'm gone. Will take over when I return Wednesday.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Stephen Nicholas is a serious contender for the greatest player in USF history so far.

• Content Count:  5,691

Remember him flying sidelie to sideline, causing havoc in the backfield. Making a smart move to come back for his sr yr.

• Content Count:  624

What can I say....my favorite USF player hands down. I have followed him since my sophmore year in HS. He was a monster at Lee and destroyed people in his way. He is a stand-up guy and one of the nicest people I have met and I can't wait to talk to him on Saturday at his signing.

• Content Count:  566

It just stinks that Devon Davis kinda tarnishes that number...but I will never forget him intercepting that pass from Lefors and beating Louisville in Double OT in 2003.

• Content Count:  1,457

Certainly a great athlete - one of USF's top 5 in football.  His conditioning was excellent and his play was superb.

A couple of other greats were Blackwell and Gramatica (Wm).  Edwards will make a grand exit in next years draft - first round.l

Archived