• Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

State your allegiance!!

p1_sterger_usf3.jpg139-500.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I can live without playing FSU if they still don't want to schedule USF. It's not like we're begging and pleading for a game like certain other schools do to us.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Mama... Hart has publicly said something to the effect of "why would we want to play USF? they do nothing for us"...

Sounds a lot like the arguments people are making about the UCF series... the only difference is that we are, in fact, a member of a BCS conference.  That will have some bearing on future schedules...

And any game against FSU will be years in the future... who can say where FSU will be by then... we all know where USF will be, tho.

Jim,

I have to agree with you.  USF playing FSU in the foreseeable future appears extremely slim.  You can go back to August of 2004 and see the articles posted on that score.  I've pasted them below.

Times Staff Writers Times Wires

Published August 13, 2004

SCHEDULING PLANS: [FSU] Athletic director Dave Hart said he has "sent feelers out to a lot of people," but has no deals yet to schedule a nonconference opponent in each of the next six football seasons (2005-2010).

Hart confirmed he has had "casual conversations" with Central Florida among others, but has no plans to talk to USF. Playing four Florida schools in a given year, he said, wouldn't allow for the kind of schedule FSU wants to maintain.

"What I'm trying to do is strike a balance and still have the opportunity to play intersectional games against traditionally strong Top-10 teams and mix it in with a couple of two-for-ones or singles at home," he said. "A lot of this could unfold in the next month."

The inclusion of Miami into the ACC has opened up an annual spot for FSU. The most challenging and important task is to try to minimize the number of years in which the Seminoles will play only five home games. That will be the case in 2007 with road nonconference games set for Colorado and Florida.

- BRIAN LANDMAN, Times staff writer

Noles not interested in USF

Posted August 04, 2006 by Brett McMurphy

While USF has upcoming games with Miami, UCF and Florida, don’t expect to see Florida State on the Bulls’ schedule anytime soon. Florida State AD Dave Hart said with home-and-home series in the near future against Oklahoma, West Virginia and Colorado on FSU’s schedule, and the fact the Seminoles annually play Florida and Miami, there are no plans to add USF.

“That’s the path have we created for the immediate future and I don’t see us altering that direction,†Hart said. “As it is now, we already play Florida and Miami from in the state, and with Miami on the schedule every year, we feel we have that South Florida area covered. As of now, there are no discussions to add them [uSF] to the schedule.â€Â

And, before you ask, I’m not sure what Hart meant about “we have that South Florida area covered†when referring to USF.

May 19th, 2007

Tampa Tribune

FSU-USF In Football A Possibility

Clearwater -- Could Florida State and South Florida face each other in football in the near future? Seminoles coach Bobby Bowden said a matchup could happen.

Speaking before the Pinellas County Seminoles booster club Friday at Feather Sound Country Club, Bowden was asked during a question-and-answer session if Florida State would ever play the Bulls. While Bowden didn't acknowledge a scheduled game, he certainly left the door open.

"Could it happen? Yes it could," Bowden said, "We've played Central Florida before.

"Some [major programs] are reluctant to play [south Florida] because they pull them up to their level. And then if we recruit the same kids, they say, 'Well, I'd rather play for them.' But I can see where we will play [south Florida] someday."

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Even if we played them, they would beat us...

huh?  You say that with certainty.  If FSU played WVU would FSU beat them?  How about UL?  You do realize that FSU was middle of the pack in the ACC last year right?  They didn't deserve a bowl.  You realize that USF ended last season with more votes than FSU right?  I would be the line would be +1 to the home team if FSU played USF to start 2007.  I am not saying it would be a blow out, but I would expect a decent game.

“That’s the path have we created for the immediate future and I don’t see us altering that direction,†Hart said. “As it is now, we already play Florida and Miami from in the state, and with Miami on the schedule every year, we feel we have that South Florida area covered. As of now, there are no discussions to add them [uSF] to the schedule.â€Â

It almost sounds like this JERK is making fun of our name.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Jim,

That is exactly what Hart did by stating that FSU already has the South Florida area covered. He damned well knows where USF is located, yet he makes some stupid smart remark. Glad that he is gone. I remember when he made a fool of himself when he got involved with the smack talk with Steve Spurrier years ago. A real class act that guy has been.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I would love to go to Doak...

Archived