Do YOU want the UCF series to continue after '08 (For USF fans)

BullsFanInTX

Do YOU want the UCF series to continue after '08 (For USF fans)  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

Sure why not we need a pansy team to kick ass to warm up each season....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I would prefer a series with Miami than UCF, the Miami game is an easier sell for T.V. and Miami is in a BCS conf, however, USF should rotate playing among the non-BCS schools, play UCF one year, FAU the next year, and FIU the year after as  home openers instead of playing a 1AA school.  It would provide the non-BCS schools a nice payday with reasonable in state travel and would increase attendance for USF's home openers.

See this situation won't happen. Not for awhile, and I think that it is something people aren't getting. USF really cannot afford those one shot deals, UF is paying 750k for one game with FAU. Some other schools like Bowling Green, etc, have fetched up to 900k. (USF is getting 650k from Auburn, in a deal signed before the 12th game)

We did work the deal out with FIU and FAU for the 2 for 1, in which by giving the teams a return game for 2 home games we only had to pay 200k and 300k.

It will be awhile before USF can make consistent deals to just bring a team in one time to kick its ass. Further, we're not going to be getting those game 2 for 1 deals from most nonBCS schools. This UCF game is more than likely being replaced with 1 and 1 games against nonBCS schools.

Now what makes more sense a 1 and 1 against a team that will draw a minimum of 40k announced attendance, or a game v. a non BCS team that draws 26k announced

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Maybe, but take a break for a while after 08

We'll see how the future schedules work out ... but would not expect to see them in the next 5 years.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Joe

See this situation won't happen. Not for awhile, and I think that it is something people aren't getting.
  Did I say would happen soon?  It is something I would like USF to do in the future, to give the "little" guys a chance to play the "big" guys and if you rotate it among the schools you can still pull off a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal with these schools to lessen the financial burden.  Lastly, it makes sense from the standpoint that the game will draw USF fans and the fans and students from the opposing in state school b/c travel will be inexpensive and completed in one day.

• Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

Now what makes more sense a 1 and 1 against a team that will draw a minimum of 40k announced attendance, or a game v. a non BCS team that draws 26k announced

For the short term, you're putting a few thousand more butts in the seats for one game, every other year.

In the long term, this series helps Central Florida's program greatly, draining resources USF is trying to corner.

That's the trade-off I'm looking at, and it's not worth it.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I would prefer a series with Miami than UCF, the Miami game is an easier sell for T.V. and Miami is in a BCS conf, however, USF should rotate playing among the non-BCS schools, play UCF one year, FAU the next year, and FIU the year after as  home openers instead of playing a 1AA school.  It would provide the non-BCS schools a nice payday with reasonable in state travel and would increase attendance for USF's home openers.

See this situation won't happen. Not for awhile, and I think that it is something people aren't getting. USF really cannot afford those one shot deals, UF is paying 750k for one game with FAU. Some other schools like Bowling Green, etc, have fetched up to 900k. (USF is getting 650k from Auburn, in a deal signed before the 12th game)

We did work the deal out with FIU and FAU for the 2 for 1, in which by giving the teams a return game for 2 home games we only had to pay 200k and 300k.

It will be awhile before USF can make consistent deals to just bring a team in one time to kick its ass. Further, we're not going to be getting those game 2 for 1 deals from most nonBCS schools. This UCF game is more than likely being replaced with 1 and 1 games against nonBCS schools.

We can probably get a few more 2-1s with most Sun Belt teams and maybe some dregs of CDOA or Mac.  Mid level CDOA and better teams, I agree with you.  The problem is we are competing against all the other BCS schools that want cupcake games too.  Do another 2-1 deal with both FIU/FAU if need by at a later date.

We can probably get a few more 2-1s with most Sun Belt teams and maybe some dregs of CDOA or Mac.  Mid level CDOA and better teams, I agree with you.  The problem is we are competing against all the other BCS schools that want cupcake games too.  Do another 2-1 deal with both FIU/FAU if need by at a later date.

I agree with adding more FIU/FAU in the 2 for 1 deals. What's gonna prevent that is the fact that they might not be D-IA after 2009. We were working on a deal for a 2 for 1 with Western Ky. In 2009 they start provisional D-IA in the Sunbelt.

I know Brett reported that schedule he looked up last year had Buffalo on it, whether that was a 2 for 1 was unkown.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

...  Do another 2-1 deal with both FIU/FAU if need by at a later date.

I agree with adding more FIU/FAU in the 2 for 1 deals. What's gonna prevent that is the fact that they might not be D-IA after 2009. We were working on a deal for a 2 for 1 with Western Ky. In 2009 they start provisional D-IA in the Sunbelt.

I know Brett reported that schedule he looked up last year had Buffalo on it, whether that was a 2 for 1 was unkown.

That's why it's good to have 2-1 with F?U, if they do fall back to 1AA, we have those games already scheduled.

And the "Buffalo schedule" was speculation only ... an inquiry that resulted in a report that was bad name dropping. Too many people thought it was an actual scheduled game, including the announcers for the UCF game.

...  Do another 2-1 deal with both FIU/FAU if need by at a later date.

That's why it's good to have 2-1 with F?U, if they do fall back to 1AA, we have those games already scheduled.

And the "Buffalo schedule" was speculation only ... an inquiry that resulted in a report that was bad name dropping. Too many people thought it was an actual scheduled game, including the announcers for the UCF game.

In your playing road games at DI-AA schools...

Guest Sprtsfn627

I actually like playing UCF.  But I don't see why we NEED to play them every year.  Y'know, it can actually be better for a "rivalry" to not play every year.  Florida-Miami games are fun to watch because they don't play all that often.  It pumps up the hype for that game.  USF-UCF could be the same.  Let it be something that gets played every once in a while, maybe 4 out of 10 years.  I could be wrong, but I get the feeling the game will lose its hype if we play it every year for 10-15 years.  The game is, at least now, nowhere comparable to a true rivalry.

Archived