Do YOU want the UCF series to continue after '08 (For USF fans)

BullsFanInTX

Do YOU want the UCF series to continue after '08 (For USF fans)  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

Because every other, and I mean EVERY other BCS team plays a 1-aa game as a warm up.  Why would we put ourselves at a disadvantage over every single other BCS school in the country.

It's a sad day when a Bulls fan is worried about losing to a C-USA team.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Because every other, and I mean EVERY other BCS team plays a 1-aa game as a warm up.  Why would we put ourselves at a disadvantage over every single other BCS school in the country.

It's a sad day when a Bulls fan is worried about losing to a C-USA team.

I am not worried about losing to them, I just don't want to play them.  I would rather play Miami every year for a rivalry, to go along with in conference rivalries with UL, RU, and WVU.

• Content Count:  2,493
  • Days Won:  1

i dont really dont care...the only reason i get fired up is because of all the smack talk by UCF fans...but I get just as fired up as if they were WVU fans or UL fans or FIU fans. the positive i see for ity are good attendance because it is such a close away game. at this point in my life i cant afford to go all across the US watching the bulls (how great a life that would be) and being able to go to Orlando and talk sh!t is awesome. but if its over after 2008 i'm not gonna cry or anything...but I would rather play UCF than western kentucky or buffalo but whatever. If i get that winning lottery ticket i will never miss a game again!

• Content Count:  928

I put maybe.

I don't like the idea of a nonBCS rivalry as it affects our cedibility, but I wouldn't mind a 2fer1.

They do draw interest/fans so a definite NO is a bad idea.

Plus, who can turn down competition equal to D1AA but with a better SOS-factor than Elon.

• Content Count:  104

UCF is a no win situation. I hope that the Miami series turns into an every year game. I think in the next five to ten years USF vs UCF will be an after thought.

Go Bulls!!!!

• Content Count:  3,307

I think the series needs to take a break, at the very least. It seems like nearly all of the emotion in the series is coming from UCF's jealousy, and the only reason USF wants to beat them is because UCF's antics annoy them. It's not a healthy rivalry.

• Content Count:  26

I agree with Jamie you can only kick a team so many times while they are down. Eventually it loses its luster.

• Content Count:  9,038

Only for 2-4-1.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I do not think we need to play every year.  However, I would agree to play them on a 1-1 basis every few years (reality is few if any CUSA teams will give 2-1 with us).  The game creates some interest for the fan base and can be played on that basis alone. 

My preference is for the 1-AA game to be moved to homecoming, when we have decent attendance anyways, and one of the home non-BCS games moved to the first game of the year.  Last year we could have opened with FIU and played McNeese on homecoming.  moves the schedule around a bit, but makes every game have its own importance.

• Content Count:  2,923

I would prefer a series with Miami than UCF, the Miami game is an easier sell for T.V. and Miami is in a BCS conf, however, USF should rotate playing among the non-BCS schools, play UCF one year, FAU the next year, and FIU the year after as  home openers instead of playing a 1AA school.  It would provide the non-BCS schools a nice payday with reasonable in state travel and would increase attendance for USF's home openers.

Archived