OUR Shirt

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  491

TheBullsPen.com is proud to support the USF Student Government in their effort to create and distribute a Game Day t-shirt for USF Football.

OurShirt.thumb.jpg

Please be reminded by this thread as well as the ad above to get to the Marshall Center and get your t-shirt and wear it on GAME DAY!

Go Bulls!

OurShirtBanner.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree having a GameDay shirt is a good idea... and I'm proud of SG for leading the effort...

But I don't get why it's called "our" shirt... was that explained on an earlier thread that I missed?  Wouldn't it be 'your' shirt or 'the' shirt?

Better yet - wouldn't it be more interesting to make it more of a GameDay shirt by saying... " ____ Eats It" ?

Or has that been trademarked?  :-P

I someone could explain the logic behind "our", or point me to the old thread, I'd appreciate it.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Because it's being sold by the SG, in the Marshall Center, to USF students and families.

Thus, everyone is in on it...it is "OUR" shirt.

• Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

UPDATE: 7/11/07

Shirt sales are going really well...1100 in 1 month - main supporters are the incoming freshman class.

As recently posted, shirts are on sale online. Please follow the link above.

Although the shirts are aimed towards students, they are for everyone (students, staff, alumni, fans) and the ultimate goal is to have 10,000 fans wearing them to Raymond James on GAMEDAYS. There may be certain advantages to buying and wearing your shirts such as, group seating in the student section for shirt wearers only and "oUr shirt" only tailgates.

Since this project is non-profit and soley for the unity of our fanbase, it is important to help advertise this by word of mouth as much as possible. There will be signs and ads going up all over campus in August, as well as some ads in the Oracle, so be on the look out for those and make sure to point them out to unaware people. Also, the bookstore could consider "oUr shirts" competition, so it's important that you let people know that there are $5 GAMEDAY shirts being sold down the hall at the information desk - since we cannot advertise in the bookstore.

For all those fans that are attached to their current shirts/jerseys, that's fine. However, what the SG and AD would like is all 10,000 shirts being worn for the WVU game on Sept. 28th, so if you have a shirt but don't plan on wearing it to every game, atleast wear it to the WV game. As much as we would like the beef studs and SBC to wear these shirts, we understand that they have their own shirts/paint and are working on building their own traditions...so more power to them.

So, if you haven't bought a GAMEDAY shirt, they are available online or at the Marshall Center Info desk, and if you have bought one, remember to wear them to EVERY HOME GAME!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  624

I agree having a GameDay shirt is a good idea... and I'm proud of SG for leading the effort...

But I don't get why it's called "our" shirt... was that explained on an earlier thread that I missed?  Wouldn't it be 'your' shirt or 'the' shirt?

Better yet - wouldn't it be more interesting to make it more of a GameDay shirt by saying... " ____ Eats It" ?

I someone could explain the logic behind "our", or point me to the old thread, I'd appreciate it.

I hope I don't sound like a jerk, but I really cannot understand why its confusing to people that the shirt is called "our shirt". I mean, the word "our" simply means a group of people calling something their own. So as a university, we will be uniting and wearing the same exact shirt. It is OUR SHIRT, as a university.

I hope I don't sound like a jerk, but I really cannot understand why its confusing to people that the shirt is called "our shirt". I mean, the word "our" simply means a group of people calling something their own. So as a university, we will be uniting and wearing the same exact shirt. It is OUR SHIRT, as a university.

You're not sounding like a jerk... it just reads funny to ask "Do you have OUR shirt?"  "No. I have MY shirt. You have YOUR shirt."  :P  ::)

Seems like calling it "The Official Shirt of the USF Student Body" makes a little more sense than "our" ...

The idea is a GREAT idea... just a funny name.

• Content Count:  2

Hey guys! My name's Megan Latchford, and I am the creator of the shirt & director of the project. I just wanted to weigh in a little!!

First, thanks for taking interest in the Our Shirt campaign. It's a really exciting project that I hope will be a catalyst to unite the student body, at football games and elsewhere.

The reason it's called Our Shirt is because the message behind this campaign, at it's very core, is OWNERSHIP. I want the USF Bulls fans & students to feel a sense of ownership in the football team, in all athletics, and university wide. We're fans, but do we feel like this is OUR team? Our ONLY team? So many students here support a number of college teams, which is understandable, but on gameday and while on campus the Bulls are the ONLY team! As members of Bullspen, you all enjoy this sense of ownership, and it has strengthened you and united you, and that's because you feel such a strong sense of ownership that you have created & contributed to a website strictly for discussion on USF bulls. That's amazing. I want the experience that you all have to be one all students enjoy, that's why I made the shirt.

It's not called "the shirt" because Notre Dame has a shirt project that's been happening for about 15 years now, and there's is called "The Shirt". We don't want to stand in anyones shadow, deffinately not Notre Dame.

I hope you all will get "Our Shirt 07" and will wear it proudly. I hope that you'll help to create "Our Shirt 08". & if you want to help make Our Shirt 07 a success or want more information you can email me @ mlatchford@sg.usf.edu!

Go BULLS!!! Only 50 more days!!  ;D

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  491

Welcome aboard Megan.  Thanks for your efforts with "Our Shirt."  We hope to see you and a spirited student fan base at the games and here at TheBullsPen. 

Thanks for joining and filling us in on the project.

• Content Count:  928

Great to see you've made it, Megan

Archived