When should USF start charging for Student Tix ?

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

When more stduents show up for the game than seats allotted to them, then we'll see a policy change.  Until then, this topic isn't worth discussing.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Those figures were in Brett's blog this past offseason.

...  Until then, this topic isn't worth discussing.

I think it already paid dividends to me as I was educated. I am educated on a few things that did make my original post a weak argument.

Unlike other schools in the state, USF is having a hard time getting their student body out for FREE games, let alone if they charged $$$$$.

Here's USF's student attendance through the years.

1997 - 2,661

1998 - 3,979

1999 - 3,145

2000 - 3,227

2001 - 2,871

2002 - 3,659

2003 - 5,852

2004 - 3,560

2005 - 7,527

2006 - 4,773

Believe USF can start charging for student tix (not including Athletic Fee) only when demand starts to meet up and/or surpass supply. (Business pricing model 101).

Right now at RJS...there is PLENTY of supply/available student seating to handle those students that are currently interesting in USF football games at RJS.

If USF had an on-campus stadium...then just like UCF is starting this year, believe there would be a market for SELLING student tix.

:contract

Knight_Light

Post #22902

MyFanPage

Add Buddy Re: student football tix Reply

Originally posted by UCF Sam:

3500 student tickets sold at $72 each is an extra for UCF $252,000

Wouldn't be surprised is UCF adds 1,000 paid student tix to that amount every year...and by 2011 or 2012...they will just make it so that all students who WANT to go to football games will have to purchase season tix.

That's actually a GOOD THING because one is more likely to show up to a GAME when they have a PAID tangible tix in hand...vs having a student ID that one can swipe anytime at any game whenever they want.

PS. FYI...that $252,000 wasn't in the feasibility study...that those $$$$ will help protect cost overruns, help pay down the debt earlier, etc...

All good news....and if they sellout...that is a GREAT sign that UCF Students have KNIGHT FEVER!

Posted on 7/7 6:38 AM | IP: Logged

:ROFLMAO

I think somebody has a FEVERr  ;D

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Unlike other schools in the state, USF is having a hard time getting their student body out for FREE games, let alone if they charged $$$$$.

Here's USF's student attendance through the years.

1997 - 2,661

1998 - 3,979

1999 - 3,145

2000 - 3,227

2001 - 2,871

2002 - 3,659

2003 - 5,852

2004 - 3,560

2005 - 7,527

2006 - 4,773

Believe USF can start charging for student tix (not including Athletic Fee) only when demand starts to meet up and/or surpass supply. (Business pricing model 101).

Right now at RJS...there is PLENTY of supply/available student seating to handle those students that are currently interesting in USF football games at RJS.

If USF had an on-campus stadium...then just like UCF is starting this year, believe there would be a market for SELLING student tix.

Link? I've never seen these numbers before.

K_L has a USF database.  I don't have the link, but I know I have seen these numbers before.

Unfortunately, no one cares about our neighbors and it's always a surprise if their local paper gives them any type of publicity (you won't see them publishing numbers like these).  We are very fortunate to have two local papers… and they’re always competing for some type of USF coverage.

• Content Count:  2,307

It would be $12 for every single student, which is over 35,000.  It isn't charged just for students going to games.  I'm being charged the fee now and I'm taking one summer class.  I don't mind paying the fee every semester since I don't have to worry about paying for tickets.

USF makes ALOT of money from students...If there's 38K+ students at USF and all get charged 3 times a year (fall, spring, summer) and only 10K make it, then USF has one hell of a deal.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I think we're burying the lead... you mean UCF students not only pay a higher athletic fee, but they're also charged for their tickets? What a rip-off!

• Content Count:  937

USF makes a heck of a lot more money off students than $5 per ticket.

The reason tickets are free is because USF students - ALL USF students - pay a hefty Athletic Fee:

Tampa campus: $10.16 per hour plus $10 flat fee per semester

All other campuses: $5 flat fee per semester

So, if a full-time student at the main campus will pay $436.40 per year for 40 credits.  That's almost as much as buying a season ticket for every USF sport.

So Jim, How many students take 40 credits a year???? 120/ 40 = 3 years... Wow, doesn't seem all to likely. Lets see it takes an avg USF student 6 years to graduate with a 4 yr degree. Why don't you be more reasonable with your examples. At least make them plausible. I am not saying it cannot be done. However, why not go for the money shot and see how much 50 credits would be.

• Content Count:  580

I think we're burying the lead... you mean UCF students not only pay a higher athletic fee, but they're also charged for their tickets? What a rip-off!

It's not that cut and dry.  UCF is selling student-season tickets for 72 dollars.  The tradeoff is to wait in line and get in for free and even then not be guaranteed a seat if the student section (12,000, including the paid student area) sells out.  I believe the $72 section will be a zoned off area, but once inside it is general seating so you can sit with friends who also bought.

Seems simple and makes sense.  Hopefully UCF can use this to graduate students into boosters. 

PS - Everyday I am more amazed at how geeked out KL is over USFs attendance!!  Someone get a freakin restraining order.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

When you (are soon to) have a small stadium like UCF it makes sense to charge.  Limited supply (Business 101).

Archived